It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the HELL are they sweetening Pepsi with?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It must be a Tough choice for you - Drink the Mystery Ingredients in Pepsi, Coke, Fanta ect, or the recycled toilet water in Western Australia?

Bottoms Up

edit on 18-3-2013 by BoogieMan911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
It seems to me that their first priority is protecting their members and promoting their products. I have a hard time believing in the reliability of an organization which is funded by the same people it is purported to be keeping an eye on.

Absolutely true.
And if the article has stated that, I wouldnt have had any problem with it, because what you say is the truth.

But to sensationalise things, the CBS news article writer, DrMercola and The Tap blog all decided to say that
- Senomyx dont have to tell anyone, and keep testing 'inhouse'
- They dont have to report to the FDA

Both of which are untrue.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Actually it would appear that FEMA are the reason for reasonably high food standards...

The FEMA GRAS™ program began with the passage of the Food Additives Amendment, which defined a food additive as:

…any substance…which…may…[become] a component or… [affect] the characteristics of any food…if such substance is not generally recognized, among experts qualified by scientific training and experience to evaluate its safety, as having been adequately shown through scientific procedures…to be safe under the conditions of its intended use.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Here's the list if you're interested:

Link

And for more clarity:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Sorry for Wikipedia links but they cover it succinctly enough I believe.

edit on 18/3/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Drinking one at the moment.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eisegesis

Yeah...disruptive to what, our central nervous systems?

It's a marketing term...

Look it up.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Furthermore, the basis of this article is that Pepsi have already changed the recipie of Pepsi, and has already swapped out sugar with some other Senomyx sweetener.

After a lot of searching, I cant find any evidence of that either.
The original 2011 source states that ...
1. Pepsi will soon release a new low sugar drink that a lot of research has already gone into,
2. They've done a deal with Senomyx for research into NEW sweeteners

...and then conflates those two things together to state as fact that the new drink will contain Senomyx products.

It doesnt seem true.

The new drink (which we now know as Pepsi NEXT)
- was designed before the Senomyx deal
- contains no artificial sweeteners

Summary: There is no suggestion of anything remotely true in any of the statements in the scary story posted by the OP. Cant find a shred of evidence to back up anything at all.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Here is a novel idea. Drink WATER! Your body has to have it and it taste fine so drink up and don't give them a chance to poison you. I told my friend that he was drinking crap from Ecoli IE: Diet Coke the other day and he said well it taste good and kept drinking it. You cant fix stupid.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I already avoided soda pop as much as possible, but this is just another reason among the many others to avoid these obvious poisons.

Thanks for sharing

I have a confession to make which may make me seem like a hypocrite, I guzzled a 2 liter of Coca-Cola over the weekend even though I was aware of the crap they put in it

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Yeah, I know. Like what I did there?

Seems like their previous sweeteners have been a bust due to ongoing health concerns.

In the composition of all no-calorie carbonated colas, an alternative 021 is used in place of sugar, which if used would result in the product containing calories. The initial formulation of Diet Pepsi was sweetened with the artificial sweetener saccharin; though concerns over saccharin emerged in the early 1980s, prompting a shift to an alternative sweetener, aspartame, which was marketed as the brand NutraSweet, in 1983. Aspartame, which as of 2011 is the primary sweetener in Diet Pepsi, has been the subject of controversy, most notably in 1996 amid a 60 Minutes report on concerns alleging that aspartame might be linked to the development of brain tumors in humans. Critics of Aspartame have expressed concerns that numerous health risks may be associated with its consumption; however peer-reviewed comprehensive review articles and independent reviews by governmental regulatory bodies have analyzed the published research on the safety of aspartame and have described it as safe for consumption at current levels. Aspartame has been deemed safe for human consumption by regulatory agencies in their respective countries, including the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the U.K. Food Standards Agency, the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) and Canada's Health Canada.

Diet Pepsi is changing its sweetener ahead of a major rebranding of the soft drink set for January 2013.

Source

Who do you put your trust in when deciding what is safe to ingest? Regulatory agencies?

Why don't they just stick to cane or agave sugar...oh ya, what's good for us isn't what's good for them. $$$$
edit on 18-3-2013 by eisegesis because: added source

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by clairvoyantrose
Aborted fetal cells are sold to American companies and used as "Natural Flavor Enhancers". China is a-okay with ingesting cloned baby matter. It's in anti-aging creams to stamina pills. Enjoy that sweet sweet baby you're drinking.

Senomyx Info
edit on 18/3/2013 by clairvoyantrose because: (no reason given)

They don't actually put the fetal cells in the product, they simply use the cells to test the interactions between the product and the cells. The cells themselves are not enhancers, but they work as reactors to the enhancers.

By the way, even though it is less disgusting than actually putting these cells in the product, I still find it disgusting and do not agree with it.

Please forgive me for not providing an additional source but this has been discussed various times on ATS and the MSM news even (suprising I know) so I will use content from your own source.

That's a testing system that provides scientists with biochemical responses and electronic readouts when a flavor ingredient interacts with their patented receptor, letting researchers know whether or not their flavor enhancer is effective. The receptors are made from HEK293 -- HEK stands for Human Embryonic Kidney cells, with 293 denoting that the HEK was from the 293rd experiment. HEK293 originally came from a healthy, electively aborted baby whose cells were then harvested and cloned.

edit on 3/18/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I gave up sodas years ago, back when my kids were still babies. Pepsi in particular always gave me a wicked case of indigestion so I figured there had to be something "not right" with it. I guess that worked out for the good because I think I missed out on the whole "aborted fetal cells" fiasco.

If people would just stop unthinking consumption companies like Pepsi couldn't get away with stunts like this. I've made it my policy to read the ingredients on everything I buy from the grocery store. If I'm not sure of what an ingredient is or if ingredients aren't listed at all that product does not go into my shopping cart. Withhold your moneys from these companies until they become transparent. Money talks.....you know the rest!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Hey, they're the ones who approved aspartame after all.

Food additives may be granted the status of Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS). GRAS status includes “any substance that is intentionally added to food … and generally recognized, among qualified experts, as having been adequately shown to be safe under the conditions of its intended use … .”5

Five nonnutritive sweeteners have been approved by the FDA as food additives: aspartame, saccharin, acesulfame K, neotame, and sucralose.

American Diabetes Association

And FEMA approved it too

High Sweetner Aspartame

FEMA No.: 245-261-3

Source

I guess, if the same guys who deemed aspartame completely safe for human consumption also give this new stuff a clean bill of health, I shouldn't bother to question their authority.

Still; if the gubment approved aspartame laced drinks are so damn safe, why do they always give me migraine headaches?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Don't drink the crap. All sodas are basically poison anyway. Doesn't matter if they use sugar which is already bad enough for you or some other stuff, including fetal cells from dead babies and god knows what else. Just say no to soda and live a little longer...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Since Senomyx's flavor compounds will be used in small proportions (less than one part per million), the company is able to bypass the lengthy F.D.A. approval process required to get food additives on the market. Getting the Flavor and Extract Manufacturers Association status of generally recognized as safe, or GRAS, took Senomyx less than 18 months, including a 3-month safety study using rats. In contrast, the maker of the artificial sweetener sucralose spent 11 years winning F.D.A. approval and is required to list the ingredient on food labels.

Source

Less than 18 months?
Plus, a 3 month safety study using rats?
What a joke...

F. raud
D. eception
A. ssistance

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

They may not be inside Pepsi products yet but, considering that Pepsi has gone into partnership with Semonyx, I highly doubt they will throw away all their research. Its probably only a matter of time before we find this crap in our drinks.

What's even more scary is they won't even have to list it as an ingredient on the label. For all we know, it could be in there already but, they just aren't telling us.

The lack of labeling requirements is particularly troublesome and will probably become an issue in the future. Since these compounds (whatever they are) are used in such minute quantities, they don’t have to be listed on the label. They’ll simply fall under the generic category of artificial and/or natural flavors.

TAP Blog

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Most people are unaware that Aspartame is a neurotoxin that kills brain cells and damages the brain.

The FDA testing came to the conclusion that Aspartame was so dangerous that they recommended that the company trying to get it into the food supply be prosecuted.

ALL of these tests were ignored because of Reagan and Rumsfeld.

This is all part of the Illuminati agenda of ritual sacrifice and depopulation.

Senomyx is part of that SAME agenda.

Do a search for: senomyx ritual sacrifice and it becomes VERY obvious.

"If a company uses aborted body parts in the food they sell, it cant be by accident it must by by design. Is the canababy practise part of a ritual Satanic Sacrifice? If the company discontinues its practice does that make their crime somehow acceptable anymore than the ritual sacrifice of live children before the Owl Of Molech at the cremation of care at the Bohemian Grove?

Should Billionaire Banksters and Satanists be allowed to kill and consume children in the western world anymore than was done in Borneo or the depths of Africa in medieval times? Is a criminal less guilty if they can somehow cover it up? Should a company or an individual be considered innocent if they no longer conduct the crime?"

Abortion Facts and Resources

However, given the fast-track FDA approval it recently received, and Monsanto’s ties to a NEO (New) sensory product company called Senomyx – it could very well be manufactured with HEK 293 – (Human Embryonic Kidney cells.)

“Using isolated human taste receptors,” the Senomyx website claims, “we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor.”

“What they do not tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 – human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors,” stated Debi Vinnedge, Executive Director for CGL, the watch dog group that has been monitoring the use of aborted fetal material in medical products and cosmetics for years.

NeoTame – Aspartame on Steroids!

But the Obama Administration shut down this 36-page proposal, deciding instead that Pepsi's used of aborted babies to flavor its beverage products is just business as usual, and not a significant concern. "We're not talking about what kind of pencils PepsiCo wants to use -- we are talking about exploiting the remains of an aborted child for profit,"

Human Sacrifice

Senomyx boasts that they have "discovered or in-licensed many of the key receptors that mediate taste in humans." But what they don't state so plainly is that they used human embryonic kidney cells (HEK 293) taken from an electively aborted fetus in their product testing.

When this news leaked, Campbell soup responded to an outraged public by severing all ties with Senomyx. However, PepsiCo has maintained their relationship with the company, saying the collaboration is necessary for creating low-calorie, tasty products for their consumers. Must they really use human fetal cells just to make tastier junk foods?

Embryonic Kidney Cells from Aborted Baby Used to Create Tastier Junk Foods

Senomyx is an American biotechnology company that develops additives to make foods ostensibly taste and smell better, and uses the bodies and blood of foetuses in the process. The company’s Web site claims that it has reverse engineered the receptors in humans that react for taste and aroma; and the shareholders are capitalizing on how these receptors make chemicals that will make food and drink seem to taste better.

Senomyx was founded by prominent Jewish biochemist Lubert Stryer in 1999. In May 2001 Stryer returned to his professorship at Stanford University and resigned from Senomyx, but he remains Chairman of the Scientific Advisory Board.

“Do you owe the taste of your food to aborted babies? While the question sounds ridiculous, the fact is that you might. Some companies are using stem cell lines derived from an aborted fetus to test flavor enhancers for the food that you eat every day. Although they are not actually putting aborted fetal cells into your food, they are using these cells in the laboratory to develop chemicals to make your food taste better.

Some of the brands that are using this kind of testing include Pepsico, Kraft, and Nestlé. Although there are plenty of people that don’t have an ethical problem with using stem cell lines to help cure disease, do we really want them to be used to develop our food? Perhaps this is another reason to eat minimally processed food.

Ritual Murder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Maybe they are using L-Glucose. It is a man made glucose that is no calorie. It has been tested extensively for what we perceive as safety at this time. Spun differently I guess.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
More quotes that connect this to a hidden agenda and ritual child sacrifice:

- Large numbers of consumer products on our supermarket shelves contain ingredients which have been cultivated using aborted human fetal cell lines

- Obama Agency Rules Pepsi’s Use Of Aborted Fetal Cells In Soft Drinks Constitutes ‘Ordinary Business Operations’

- Statements of a practicing abortion clinic owner & witch “You practice your religion and let me practice mine. My religion is a holy ritual child sacrifice.”- Patricia Baird-Windle, Founder and owner of Aware Woman abortuary

Ritual Child Sacrifice

When I heard about the situation of Senomyx and its relationship with San Diego and knowing of Svali, I realized a probable relationship of the Illuminati in San Diego with Senomyx.

Nestlé is no white dove either. It is the company responsible for putting melamine in milk powder in China in 2008. The Chinese government executed two of those responsible when it was discovered the cover-up since 2007 up to the Olympics in China. Chinese Official figures state that six babies died and went 297.000 affected when in fact there were many more who lost their lives according to parents who protested.

Finally, we know that Nestle exploited minors without pay in the Ivory Coast for the extraction of cocoa for its famous chocolates. It is understood that the evil and evil is not limited to those greedy humans who exploit and trade in the industry of death and enslavement of human beings. Now we understand why more than 20 nations have an active boycott against Nestle?

ABORTED HUMAN FETUSES BEING USED FOR "FLAVOR ENHANCER" RESEARCH

Understanding this, the inoculations are biological weapons that are part of a silent genocide agenda to reduce populations of Third World countries especially as Mexico, India and other poor nations in the world. The following table shows the vaccines that contain remains of dead babies and their DNA is known to alter the genetic code of the recipient. That is, the World Elite we are intentionally genetically mutate in order to corrupt our human race.

Even more troubling is the recent discovery that autism also will contain mercury and aluminum, could be caused by the same DNA from aborted babies by creating mutations in the brains of children as suggested by this note: Organization of bioethics study possible link between aborted fetal cell vaccine and autism.

"Vaccines with fetal cells, such as measles-mumps-rubella, chickenpox and hepatitis A are not only morally problematic, Deisher said, but its use has a dramatic correlation with a growing epidemic: the Autism. "

Satanic Biological Weapons

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
If I don't know what an ingredient is, I certainly wouldn't ingest it.

When soda pop turns into Frankenfood, in which "proprietary technologies" need to be used in order to trick our taste buds, it's time to stop drinking it.

When???
Diet sodas use poison for sweetner and almost ALL "regular" sodas in the US use High Fructos Corn Syrup.
Both poisons, when has been here for about 35 years now.

More toward the OP, is this an effort to make HFCS look harmless??
Like an above poster said, make tea with real sugar, or even real lemonade.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
thanks for sharing this information. S&F

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join