It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diet Soda Will Kill Us All! Not really. But it won't help anyone much, either.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Diet Soda Will Kill Us All! Not really. But it won't help anyone much, either.

www.newrepublic.com

A lab in Canada had shown that saccharin caused bladder cancer in rats.

The American Dental Association warned Congress that the country's teeth would slide into decay; the Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association said that pills made without saccharin would be too bitter for America's children.

What researchers have found this time has been surprising: Drinking diet soda doesn't seem to lead to losing weight; in fact, there are signs it does the opposite.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
msmorphosis.com
jezebel.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Brain Tumour Now The Biggest Cancer Killer ,is there a link to mobile phones?
A conspiracy that really hit home - Aspartame Poisoning
We Are Killing Ourselves

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
We already know that artificial sweeteners cause diabetes because they give the brain a false sense of sugar, but now we are seeing people become fat by consuming diet soft drinks because they believe being a "diet" will help them loose weight.

I believe we need to ban all artificial sweeteners.

We need to educate the pubic on the risks associated with these artificial sweeteners.

www.newrepublic.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I gave up drinking all soft drinks about three years ago. I lost about 10 to 15 pounds and I got back tons of energy. Never again.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
I gave up drinking all soft drinks about three years ago. I lost about 10 to 15 pounds and I got back tons of energy. Never again.

Good for you... overall all soda is bad for our health. Water is the best drink we can consume.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by theone88

I don't know why this stuff is legal, although "pure profit motive" comes to mind. Anyone intelligent who still drinks soda is like almost everyone who smoke cigarettes in western countries - it's now a personal choice that the person knows is harmful. Hopefully the harmful effects of soda will be in that category within a few years.

Like all sugar products, what the corporate world is doing is imitating fruit - trying to trick the brain that it's getting fruit, right down to the colorful colours. Why? For the Vitamin C. The body craves Vitamin C to a lesser degree than it craves oxygen, but not much lesser. The very good vitamin C threads around here are worth looking at if you are still a soda or sugar addict, and I'd bet that a large percentage of people who get adequate C crave soda as much as the non-C population. Bottom line, soda executives should be in the same prison wing as nicotine pushers.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sugar's only appropriate place in the human diet is following extreme physical exertion.

This does not include changing channels four times inside of a minute.

top topics

join