It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They are not coming for your guns.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01
reply to post by Char-Lee

I have to say man,that we do things a little different here in the states.

People are already getting irritable about the rights.

There are way too many people and guns.

We are already getting laws passed right and left, they will be silently amended time and again...

look up NEW gun laws, they are everywhere in the US.

Here is a list of CA ones just went into effect and LOOK they already have a list for following year!

New California gun laws for are now in effect as of January 1, 2013. The list of new California gun laws for 2013 signed by Governor Jerry Brown also includes two delayed gun laws which go into effect one year from now. Following afterward are existing state firearms laws that took effect at the beginning of last year.

www.californiality.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

reply to post by TheWrightWing

Pleeeeease,,,,

Do you live missouri? I am in st louis now.

Get out of the city and ask around about 90 days to turn in guns.

Tell me, how far did that bill make it. Other than in the headlines.

Nobody would get on board because it would be a political suicide.

I can also dig up info on deadly unicorns. Does that make them a threat?

Dont drink too much of the anti gun koolaid.

The title of this thread is "They are not coming for your guns" I clearly demonstrated that indeed they are, in their own words and legislative actions.

Are you saying simply because they have sometimes failed, that must mean they are not still trying? Are you saying they will one day simply stop trying?

Recognising Democrats' tireless efforts; their actions and words is equal to "Drinking Kool-Aid" is it?

How interesting that you are not only not alarmed by Democrats persistently pursuing the disarmament of law abiding citizens, but you attempt to obfuscate the point, which is: Yes, they are openly trying to take away our guns.

Yes, I find that very interesting, don't you?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Nobody else sees what's going on?

Detach yourself for just a moment and step back.

The economy belly up, the GOP trying to keep it belly up. People refusing to spend money, actually intentionally working to keep people from spending money so the economy tanks and they might gain political power from it.

An idea is formed. A mention is made of people in the heartland clinging to guns and religion. The rumors are born... "They're comin for our guns!!".

What happens next? All that money that was being carefully guarded is now used freely. Gun shops see a boom. Manufacturers have to step up to keep up with the demand. People are putting more and more money into the economy buying guns and ammunition that they were entitled to buy at their own will anyway. The economy starts to improve. The people who were trying the hardest to prevent any success in recovery are the ones actually contributing the most to it.

Well played Democrats, well played....

edit on 19-3-2013 by kthxbai because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Well them people are fools for believing the banker system is there to protect them.

I do not have a bank account. Do you. Do you feel safe with your money in there.

The gun craze is happening.

Billy bob has cousins, uncles, aunts, nephews, and all sorts of family and friends tjat are not scared of the law such as yourself.

It will be a bad deal if they try to ban guns friend.

How do you function in today's society without a bank account?

Most companies are direct deposit now, most of my bills are paid online. For me, in my lifestyle, a bank account is pretty much a requirement.

I do keep a certain amount of cash on hand for emergencies, but most of my day to day living is with a debit card. There's really only so much cash I'm willing to stash away. Also with all the home invasions going on these days, I keep any precious metals limited as well. Even with a safe, it's still very tempting and not impossible for people to slip in, take all you have, and be out without ever getting it back.

If the banks all fail, the paper money isn't going to mean much either and people aren't going to use gold and silver during the transition time from paper currency to whatever happens next.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

My bank account exists only for a few reasons. I try not to keep much extra in there (which, these days, with the economy, "extra" doesn't happen as often as I'd like).

I use it to pay bills that would otherwise have to be mailed, to deposit credit card payments received through the business, and to have direct deposit for our paychecks.

The thing about having a safe, is of course hiding it well...
If an intruder has to take time finding it, they are more likely to not ever find it, or get shot before they do.

If the banks all fail, the paper money isn't going to mean much either and people aren't going to use gold and silver during the transition time from paper currency to whatever happens next.

Very true, but there is likely to be a very short window either right before, or right at the beginning of a SHTF scenario, where cash will still be king...including gold and silver. The problem with those metals though, is at the current rate, you'll NEVER get your buying power out of them in a SHTF scenario, or likely even soon after things stabilize. They are mostly only a hedge against collapse of the dollar, and even then, only if still in demand worldwide. (meaning the rest of the world hasn't gone in the crapper). Most believe currency is backed by gold. It isn't. It is based on the perceived economic strength of the nation. (any nation). As the world's strongest national economy, it's why the dollar is the basis for most things financial.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It seems the best route to go for preparation purposes is to have goods available. Non perishable foods, needed clothing, supplies and such. When the SHTF, the "staples" are going to be extremely valuable. Food, water, clothing, shelter.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWrightWing

If they are coming for the guns then how did the gun legislation go the other day?

They are trying, but some people try to walk through walls also.

To take all the guns would be political suicide.

Look up the numbers on how many Americans own guns.

There is no possible way. Anti gun folks are kidding themselves. They are the minority.

You say I was avoiding your points, I say you made mine. You have no idea what the rest of your country is about.

Gun and ammo sales are at record highs. They cannot even produce them fast enough.

We are a massive country. Get out of the city and it is like a whole different world. I personally know guys who swear up and down that they hope and pray that someone cones and takes their guns.

We are not like the European countries. Hell I believe we took care of that around 1776.

edit on 18-4-2013 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kthxbai

You are affraid of thrives breaking into your house and taking you money and gold.

But you trust banker thieves to look after your cash.

That is the problem friend.

Everybody wants to complain about the banks, but they/you keep giving them the ammo to stay in power.

Companies would not just accept debit or credit if everyone told them, " I want to pay with cash".

Don't bother with depositing my check in the bank. I will find another job.

Instead everyone just bends over and lets the banker ram all their "perks" up their rear.

Its simple no money in the bank. No banker problems.

I mean really. Need a $400,000 loan for a house that will be worth $180,000 when/if it gets paid off. No thanks.

Need a bank account for that new nice and shiny SUV that you will be paying $500 a month for 7 years. No thanks. I have two used vehicles that I paid cash for.

To be in banker debt, is to serve the man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join