It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That thin layer of consciousness between madness and sanity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
What's going on, everyone?

I'm just here to speak my peace and try and sift through all the madness on ATS to find those pearls of truth.

My view is rather simple. I think insight lies between all of the extremes presented on whatever topic is at hand. Many times what seems to be in direct opposition to most people, I find a synthesis that shows the perceived contradiction to be mere err of reason.

So when I apply this to world events, some sort of simple truth usually emerges. It would take far too long for me to go through all of my views in detail, and it's outside of the scope of what an intro thread is about, so I'll just keep it short and say my overall view of the world as it is.

I see a species that is far too many in numbers, in the context of their desires, goals, ambitions, and lack of clarity, to be anywhere even close to sustainable. I see people cultured into madness, believing they are sane. It seems that "civilization" only exists when force and oppression runs rampant. It seems to me that we've been in the process of overshooting for at least a half century, if not a full one prior. I see rulers of various intellect, vision, and focus, damage controlling the best they can to keep their people in check.

I don't judge any of these men as evil. Everyone seems to be doing what they believe is best. Looking at it from this perspective, I simply see an overall decline in possibilities for a decent future for the next generations. Bizarrely, this is both the best and worst time to be alive on the planet. I mean this as in, we have so many things which are afforded to us that previous generations don't have. I also mean this as in, we stand to lose all of this, and it is the perceived loss which hurts.

So basically, in the moment, we are constantly seeming to reach new highs. Realistically, we are taking more of the earth than she can replenish. Over time, it leads to exactly what we are witnessing. People going berserk. Governments going berserk. Systems which once provided, now decimating. Rational thought processes being realized as irrational due to changes in circumstances over time, etc, etc...

I guess my biggest gripe with humanity has been our taking on cultural and societal assumptions which seemed to at one point do some good, and roll with it for generations.... simply because we are not strong enough of spirit, mind, and will to see that circumstances have changed, and so too much these assumptions of what seems to be best for us. I'm of the belief that our assumptions are at the root of what is killing us.

Guess I could write like this forever, or just stop it right now. Not sure if any of this made any sense. Meh. I tried, lol!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CommanderCraCra

That is a pretty good summary of what is going on. People are getting poisoned by having to much. The treats are now everyday necessities here in the western world. When this happens, people exceed the limits of their brains and cause a lot of civil unrest. Others are sick from eating the doping chemistry used by the government because their natural friendly nature does not allow for more liver suppression chemistry in the food. We got a problem, the mellow people are dying and the doping doesn't seem to work on the aggressive and overpowering people. It just makes their disillusion worse. Societies have gone crazy and this is perceived as normal today.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Welcome aboard! Glad you joined, and I like the way you think...so far

Enjoy your stay...here's some green eggs and ham..cake style...

Peace and love
-nat

edit on 18-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If I'm reading you correctly, you believe the more decent of us are also the physically weakest and are dying out first? You believe that the most aggressive are more physically fit and outlasting the decent people?

If this is the case, why do you believe this? If not, please clarify.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

I totally needed that eggs and ham after all the cracra lastnite, lol.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
You know what I think. I think that humans will be fine. Things will change, but they may not change the way we want them to. But you know it's really common for people to think we're at the end of the road. People have been thinking this way for how long now? And yet humans persevere.

Things were always bad. That's what you need to understand.

This is why it's so important to keep a positive perspective. It's not about being right or wrong. No human can know it all; we're hopeless. If you try to, you're just going to meet disappointment.

In fact, if you're unhappy about world affairs, I'll say you're normal. We can't see past the very narrow confines of our present time. We all argue our points of view, stuck in our molasses.

When I was growing up I often had storm clouds in my mind. I'd be thinking about the world. I found it very difficult to explain any of it to anybody. Most of my family never understood. Either they were too religious or they just had a different temperament or drive. In any case, my parents would always tell me to keep my feet on the ground. Get a job. Do something. And you know, think that advice was probably the best. My happiest moments in life have happened when I was working. Sometimes I'll hit a bump and/or get bored and stop working and then I'm unhappy again. So this is why I bring work up. Getting people back on their feet and working again is important to their quality of life.

So am I saying that getting people back to work doing the things that engage them the most will solve all our problems? No. We'll never solve all our problems. But it keeps people busy.
edit on 18-3-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Humanity has always struggled for survival. I'm in no disagreement there. I do, however, think our present situation is unique for our species evolution.

There was no time prior where we were on all lands. There was no time prior that we were causing so much destruction to the earth. There was no time prior that we were either taking so much per individual, and so many in sheer number.

I understand people really want to believe that things will be "fine". That is normal as well. I guess it would depend on how one qualifies these various terms, like "good", "bad", and "fine". I don't foresee our species extinction, but I do believe it's our fate to collapse civilization, and destroy the natural habitat of the world to such an extent, that the vast majority will die an unnatural death. I'm of the opinion this will happen rather soon, as in ... sometime this century, if not before it's midpoint.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommanderCraCra

Humanity has always struggled for survival. I'm in no disagreement there. I do, however, think our present situation is unique for our species evolution.

There was no time prior where we were on all lands. There was no time prior that we were causing so much destruction to the earth. There was no time prior that we were either taking so much per individual, and so many in sheer number.

I understand people really want to believe that things will be "fine". That is normal as well. I guess it would depend on how one qualifies these various terms, like "good", "bad", and "fine". I don't foresee our species extinction, but I do believe it's our fate to collapse civilization, and destroy the natural habitat of the world to such an extent, that the vast majority will die an unnatural death. I'm of the opinion this will happen rather soon, as in ... sometime this century, if not before it's midpoint.

There was no time prior when we were this close to colonizing another planet or creating a space colony or, for that matter, creating an underground base or an ocean city.

You're still in your storm cloud.

Look at this:

That's not the image of a dying species. It's the image of progress. I could go on and on. We don't know the future. Your storm cloud cannot show you the future. Don't be a fool.

As I said, I think people working and doing what engages them is the top priority.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

You are misrepresenting my stance. I made it clear that our species is not dying. "Progress" is a euphemism much like "civilization" for things much darker than you seem to care to realize.

All good. It seems we must agree to disagree.
edit on 18-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Not really always the most decent, the meekest. Meek, in my explanation are those with either with lower metabolism by genetic changes over the generations or ones that use food chemistry to keep calm. The introduction of food chemistry by the government to calm the masses hurts these people. You can't add medication to people who are self medicating already.

Meek people go to work and produce, desiring jobs that create things they can be proud of. They do not desire to be rich, they just want things comfortable. Their low desires are a threat to the kind of fast economic growth that the government desires but their sickness acquired from the chemicals and food changes boosts the medical industry income to show growth. So the government considers this allowable and can't comprehend the high insurance premiums that are causing great concern in our nation. People with high stomach acid and bile output are not effected by this because they can detox better. They are much more uncontrollable though and as their numbers increase so does the possibility of civil unrest.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Interesting perspective. What is you reasoning behind the origin of this "food chemistry" to calm the masses? Was the trigger simply population density? It seems that the higher the pop den, the more competitive and aggressive we tend to be. I think that's a natural inclination for life. It simply makes sense that the more people, and less resources, the more competition and less civility.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Interesting perspective. What is you reasoning behind the origin of this "food chemistry" to calm the masses? Was the trigger simply population density? It seems that the higher the pop den, the more competitive and aggressive we tend to be. I think that's a natural inclination for life. It simply makes sense that the more people, and less resources, the more competition and less civility.

Well, I study chemicals and food chemistry that can be used to calm my epilepsy. This interacts with those that can also be used as antidepressants and even antipsychotic chemistry. Seems that foods that the government say are good for us also have nervine qualities or block energy production in the body. It also seems that the additives to our food supply also have endocrine disruptor activity along with the above properties of "good" food. Iodine is only pushed in salt where little of it is able to be utilized and it replaces the chloride, not the sodium. Bromide is put in bread instead of potassium iodide.

I'm a little irked even though I know that calming of the masses is done using traditional foods because the traditional foods are also eaten by most people. Look at fluoride in water, it changes the percentages in coffee or tea.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You are misrepresenting my stance. I made it clear that our species is not dying. "Progress" is a euphemism much like "civilization" for things much darker than you seem to care to realize.

All good. It seems we must agree to disagree.

What do you think of this:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

You didn't quite answer my question, but it does fit in with everything I've been saying.

It makes perfect sense that the ruling class, by way of the social institutions and corporate conglomerates, would do everything they could to decrease energy production, and increase sickness in some of us.

If we were truly free to realize our potentials, the collapse would come that much sooner. That much I am certain of.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I think the video is silly, and very besides the point. The fact that he confuses life expectancy with life span is rather telling as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

I think the video is silly, and very besides the point. The fact that he confuses life expectancy with life span is rather telling as well.

You're free to have your opinion (I'm not implying you're wrong or right).

Here're some wiki links for those who're curious about the video:
en.wikipedia.org - Life expectancy...
en.wikipedia.org - Hans Rosling...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Not sure what the point of those links are. He got it wrong.

I just think you're looking at this from a rather bizarre point of view. It's as if you believe that because we seem to have been steadily increasing the standards of living, the projection must of course continue on. That's a devastating assumption to hold onto.

The truth is that this increase relies on an entirely unsustainable model of living. It's as simple as that. Since you seem to be so interested in empirical data, I would suggest you look into the rate of depletion of natural resources since the industrial revolution. You don't need the lake to dry, for the water to muddy up and become undrinkable.
edit on 18-3-2013 by CommanderCraCra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

CommanderCraCra

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Courtesy Is Mandatory.
What are these P F K W S ?
Visit here - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
How to Upload Your Pics & Avatars (also) Need a custom Avatar?
Your Terms and Conditions Of Use (also) Reaffirming ATS Policies

Try Ask ATS to find numerous threads to add your thoughts to now. Once a minimum of 20 posts are made, you'll be able to create your own threads & send out messages to fellow ATS members.

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***

ATS is at times like a rollercoaster ride! As a new member be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let staff know by using the "Alert" function. This will help keep the community, both young and old to further enjoy the ride with you.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Welcome aboard CommanderCraCra

Blimey!

I get your Flag semaphore with almost zero signal to noise ratio!

But you can really only save yourself when sudden weather systems unexpectedly strike ok!

Hence make headway for a safer waters and seek the shelter afforded by a nice calm harbour!

Furthermore find a secure port to ride out the storm in.

Where I recommend batoning down ALL of your hatches and grabbing hold of something solid and immovable, firmly and tightly, as we are all about to be taken for a ride that comes with a sudden rushing $inking feeling as we all get flushed around and or down the globally interconnected economic whirlpool/toiletbowl!

I hope to see you on the other more sunny side, so safe sailings ahead ok

From Soggy!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join