It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What The Mark Could Be

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In the book of (Revelation) it says..."And that no man might buy or sell, except he that had the mark,..."

Today I heard about (Google glasses)...which are worn on the head...

Link: www.techradar.com...

Then I got to thinking is there any technology about computers worn on the wrist...and I found this...

Link: news.cnet.com...

So...what if in the future...the systems are set up by TPTB...so that no one can buy or sell except by these head and wrist computers of the future?

Now...this is just a theory of mine...but could these head and wrist computers be tied in with the mark of the beast spoken of in Revelation?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I think if there is a number of the Beast, we already have it. Credit cards, bank accounts, employee numbers, etc... Think of all the numbers related to you on an average day. There may be, in the future, a citizen ID number, that would be it for sure.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

So you really think that the Revelations spoke of some high tech from the future ?

Carry on...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
I think if there is a number of the Beast, we already have it. Credit cards, bank accounts, employee numbers, etc... Think of all the numbers related to you on an average day. There may be, in the future, a citizen ID number, that would be it for sure.

You mean a social security number?

or..?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Or the way our lives are programmed..is the beast.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I believe it is entirely possible. It may be stretching a bit, but I think that this "need" that a lot of people have to always get the newest technological gadget (which I feel has been slowly programmed into us) feeds into your idea. The Bible says that the mark will be taken willingly, and people cannot wait to jump on the latest technology band wagon. They will wait in line for hours, sometimes camping out for a few days to make sure that they are amongst the first to get the new "latest thing".

Slowly but surely cash is being phased out as debit and credit cards have become the preferred method of payment. As new technology evolves at an ever increasing pace I think that in the very near future debit/credit cards will fall by the wayside as a new preferred payment method takes their place. Eventually no one will be able to buy or sell without the latest technology- which plays very nicely into the symbolism described in the prophecies concerning "the mark".

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

You mean a social security number?

I have often thought this very same thing. We have to have it even for a Library Card.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Also I was thinking too in the United States everyone has a social security number; in other countries people have numbers attached to their names that are just for them; all these identifying numbers are tied into huge computer systems which in turn are connected to satellites.

Lately...I keep getting this eerie feeling that somehow TPTB are orchestrating all of this towards a computerized way of buying and selling that may be forced upon all people eventually; and cash will be a thing of the past.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

The mark only means something if you believe in it. Its nothing more than superstition. Create something to fear and it can be used to control. What could be more fearful than receiving a mark that condemns you to hell?

All prophecy in the bible is fulfilled by people with delusions of grandeur. Its not divine. Ever heard of the saying "the devil is in the detail"? That definitely applies to religion. It should be as simple as living your life without harming others. Anything else is surplus to requirements and created byegotistical tyrants to control the masses.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

The "Mark" in Revelation is about someone being worshipped as God.
The Mark is used as a way of identifying those willing to reject the Biblical God and worship the Beast instead which is why the Biblical God punishes those who receive it).
Now unless your computer, your credit card, your social security number, or whatever, are being handed out in a way that limits them to the people who reject the Biblical God, none of them can be the "Mark". Because that is the definition. That is the whole point of the exercise.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

From my perspective, the mark is selfishness. Selfishness is literally what your hand grabs and what your eye sees. It's in your hand and in your forehead. I have good reason to believe this. There is a hint in this verse.

2 Timothy 3

3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

There are 18 markers of selfishness in this verse set. That's 6+6+6.

As another clue, Carbon has 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons. All of our technology, which produces selfishness within us, is made of carbon. Carbon is the mark of mankind and the mark of our commerce system. Not only is the petrol dollar required for any country to purchase goods and services, the coming UNESCO Carbon Tax will require a mark for any of us to have a carbon footprint. This IS coming to the world.

Carbon Tax and UNESCO

Revelation 13

18 This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man.[e-or of mankin] That number is 666.

Why is Carbon the mark of our knowledge? What's the connection?

Genesis 3

21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them. 22 And the Lord God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

The tree of knowledge produces the fruit of knowledge. That fruit is technology. This leads to the fruit of the tree of life is DNA. What did the fallen angels do when they came down from heaven?

Jasher 4

18 And their judges and rulers went to the daughters of men and took their wives by force from their husbands according to their choice, and the sons of men in those days took from the cattle of the earth, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the air, and taught the mixture of animals of one species with the other, in order therewith to provoke the Lord; and God saw the whole earth and it was corrupt, for all flesh had corrupted its ways upon earth, all men and all animals.

They mixed animals from the tree of life.

Does the mark make more sense at this point? Can we make the connection to selfishness? Can we see a coming technology that will mark mankind with a tattoo?

Skin Printed Circuit

In the coming carbon trading market, your carbon footprint, medical records and identification will likely be mandatory as a mark on your skin that can be tracked. It starts this month by the way.

Microchips Required March 23rd under Obama Care

March 23rd Chipping of Medical Patients

The bottom line is:
The proposed law did not require anyone to get anything implanted
It just created a national registry of a huge of range of medical devices from pacemakers to dental implants
The intent of the registry was to collect statistics on how safe and effective the devices are
HR3200 is not the bill that became law. Nor is HR 3962, which only passed the House. The "Obamacare" law is HR 3590, passed as Public Law 111-148, which does not have the registry.
A debunked View

Any way you look at it, the potential is there today and was not in any other century. Do we trust the controllers of society to restrain themselves from their own selfishness?

edit on 18-3-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

Thank you for this information...I myself am just putting theories out there...to open up a discussion about all of this; what you have said is very much (food for thought); and you very well may be right.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

computerized way of buying and selling that may be forced upon all people eventually; and cash will be a thing of the past.

Already is happening there are a few stores that do not accept a 50 dollar bill or higher . ( I guess counterfeit is such a big problem
)

Not that I believe anything in the bible in the west the mark of the beast would logically be a social security card or a "SIN" card in Canada . Need one to work , need one to open a bank account , need one buy a house ,ect ect ..

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Well if you think about it almost any kind of payment account that you set up has your social security number attached to it (with the exception of some pay as you go cards). You pretty much need your social security number for everything you do, and you always either have it in your head (memorized) or in your hand (the social security card itself).

I also think TPTB have made great gains toward a cashless society by first tempting us via convenience (direct deposit, debit/credit, etc.) and then making those conveniences mandatory: a lot of companies now pay by direct deposit ONLY and many places are moving toward only accepting electronic payments. Right now there are still places where you can go cash an actual paycheck and pay your bills with cash but they are becoming increasingly scarce. I would not be surprised if we are a completely cashless society before the end of my lifetime.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

Which proves beyond a doubt how disgusting and evil the biblical god is. Think about it, if he was truly a just, loving and merciful god as he so often claims, then why the hell is this world in such a mess? And no, the "satan is in control" argument does not cut it, because he has not always been in control, yet the world has ALWAYS been a mess, ESPECIALLY when god himself was in control. He needed to threaten and bully people because otherwise people would go their own way and likely prosper, and he would have no claim over the fruit of their labour.

No, what this tells me is that its PEOPLE behind it all. The "god" of the israelites was a man (or group of men) who wanted people to worship and serve him, and was excessively greedy. Remind you of anything? Its all about competition between competing kings, its nothing to do with god or satan or other deities. Superstition was added to control the under educated masses. Its such a shame even now, that so many people blindly believe it and completely ignore the reality of human nature.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
examining this line of thought, if this technology would be a mark of the beast, it is an extention of credit cards and electronic banking, which is an extention of fiat money, which came out as a replacement for real money.

the belief in money, as the mark of the beast, amounts to a horrible trick on the mind by the writers of the bible.

it is incorrect beliefs like that which are taken from the bible that make it an effective tool to keep the population subservient to the masters.

in revelations, the 'beast' is a term directed at the writers of the bible, and the 'mark' is taken by those who blindly follow the cover story that has been created.

edit on 18-3-2013 by tinhattribunal because: spelin'

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

Similar to, but something encoded into a bracelet, necklace or implanted under the skin. It would include, at least, country, city, address, bank account amounts and tracking of purchases, all in one. And continuous location tracking of course.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Can you think of a more efficient and practical way though than to assign everyone a number? Sure you could go by name, but many people have the same name. Sure you can go by date of birth, but again, many people have the same date of birth AND the same name. It just makes sense this way.

Of course, the system itself is not the issue, its the abuse of it that causes the problems. But to fear a number is stupid. People fear 13, which everyone knows is superstitious rubbish. 666 (or is it even 616?) is just another one of these superstitions. Fear = control.

Cash itself is a useful system. Greed is what gives it a bad name. I do not agree with a cashless society, it has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages are it can cut down on crimes and tax evasion and stuff, the disadvantages is gives even more power to the banksters and government, and it completely relies on the power grid. Those 2 disadvantages alone outweigh any that cash has, which is why I am against it. But even with it, trade and barter will still exist, and even be more prevalent. So, no, I do not think people will starve if they refuse to embrace the cashless society, they will just adapt and find away around it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There are many theories about the mark. This one sounds as plausible as any I've heard so far. We'll just have to wait and see. By the way, if your avatar is an actual picture of you. you look amazing ; )

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by MitchL61
There are many theories about the mark. This one sounds as plausible as any I've heard so far. We'll just have to wait and see. By the way, if your avatar is an actual picture of you. you look amazing ; )

It is just a theory of mine...and perhaps it may tie into what the truth really is.

As for my avatar (thanks for the compliment)...it is not a photo of me...I choose it from an avatar website...because she looks very, very close to what I looked like when I was younger.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join