It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 and CIA were told before invasion that Iraq had no active WMD

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But then agian ATS said they werent there long before this thread ever existed, and of course ATS say the CIA and Mi6 are just a bunch of liars.

And by the entire topic of this thread Neo we've been vindicated. To clarify the WMDs threat was lies and the "intellignece" was nonsense. They knew this before the invasion.
edit on 18/3/13 by Kram09 because: some clarification

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

A war in which the United States was a supporter of Iraq.

Were their any US troops who fought in the Iran Iraq war?

Keep calling them a "supporter" doesn't mean to much.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Were their any US troops who fought in the Iran Iraq war? Keep calling them a "supporter" doesn't mean to much.

No. What's that got to do with anything? One again I refer to my previous post, the United States supplied Iraq with dual use technology during the war. Such technology can be used to develop weapons of mass destruction.

Stop pretending like you don't understand.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

And by the entire topic of this thread Neo we've been vindicated. To clarify the WMDs threat was lies and the "intellignece" was nonsense. They knew this before the invasion.

How by watching the main stream media do everything to destroy a man and his party to get in to the white house?

Everything people " know" about the Iraq war has been political manipulation.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by neo96

Were their any US troops who fought in the Iran Iraq war? Keep calling them a "supporter" doesn't mean to much.

No. What's that got to do with anything? One again I refer to my previous post, the United States supplied Iraq with dual use technology during the war. Such technology can be used to develop weapons of mass destruction.

Stop pretending like you don't understand.

Has plenty to do with it saying the Us supports other countries we always put US personnel there.

We didn't so how much did the US "support" Iraq ?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

How by watching the main stream media do everything to destroy a man and his party to get in to the white house? Everything people " know" about the Iraq war has been political manipulation.

Now who's being off topic?

What has this this thread got to do with U.S. domestic politics or your own political leanings?

The mainstream media? You'd be happy to post links to the "mainstream" media if it supported your beliefs.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
"democraty " needs blood to survive....

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Has plenty to do with it saying the Us supports other countries we always put US personnel there. We didn't so how much did the US "support" Iraq ?

Ridiculously false statement. To suggest that a nation can only support another nation by posting personnel there (whether you mean military or not I'm unsure). Did the U.S. not have intelligence assets in Iraq? Genuine question, I don't know.

Wait...wasn't it Donald Rumsfled who was shaking hands with Saddam in that notorious video footage?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

We didn't so how much did the US "support" Iraq ?

I already posted that a few pages back. I keep having to repeat myself as you conveniently keep ignoring that.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
reply to post by neo96

The United States supported Iraq during the Iran-Iraq War

United States support for Iraq during the Iran–Iraq War, against post-revolutionary Iran, included several billion dollars worth of economic aid, the sale of dual-use technology, non-U.S. origin weaponry, military intelligence, Special Operations training, and direct involvement in warfare against Iran.

The citations for that statement in the article are listed as the books Spider's Web: The Secret History of How the White House Illegally Armed Iraq and Death Lobby: How the West Armed Iraq

The Shadow World: Inside the Global Arms Trade is also a fascinating read.

edit on 18/3/13 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

Here is my original post Neo, for you and other members who may have missed it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Now who's being off topic? What has this this thread got to do with U.S. domestic politics or your own political leanings?

Simple where did people get their "information" about the Iraq war?

mainstream media, and social media outlets and only agree with their own preconceived notions.

In all warfare the political aspect has as much relevance as the actual events that occurred.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Simple where did people get their "information" about the Iraq war? mainstream media, and social media outlets and only agree with their own preconceived notions. In all warfare the political aspect has as much relevance as the actual events that occurred.

The same can just as easily be applied to yourself.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Ridiculously false statement. To suggest that a nation can only support another nation by posting personnel there (whether you mean military or not I'm unsure). Did the U.S. not have intelligence assets in Iraq? Genuine question, I don't know.

There it is the Us "supported " Iraq come on now the US gave them WMDs think they just shipped a bunch of boxe,and over there and say handle with care?

edit on 18-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

There it is the Us "supported " Iraq come on now the US gave them WMDs think they just shipped a bunch of boxes over there and say handle with care? Of course the weapons used by the Iraq regime have all been Russian.

I don't understand what you're talking about I'm afraid.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well, many might say the MSM, but all the MSM did was echo what they were told to.

Here are the some of the many culprits guilty of spreading the "misninformation" about the Iraq war.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yes the mainstream media was as complicit as the government in pushing for war in Iraq and did not challenge it at all.

In fact Colin Powell was lauded for his apparently fantastic performance in front of the UN. The media gushed that it was "in the bag" and that Powell had nailed the case for war.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

So if misinformation exists on one side of the coin it would stand that misinformation exists on the other side of that coin.

One can not exist without the other.

Iraq was a lie how many people have that opinion based on first hand knowledge?

Not too many

Lot of people thought as Powell:

edit on 18-3-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Kram09

Now who's being off topic? What has this this thread got to do with U.S. domestic politics or your own political leanings?

mainstream media, and social media outlets and only agree with their own preconceived notions.

In all warfare the political aspect has as much relevance as the actual events that occurred.

Did you ever see "Wag the dog"?

Simple concept, all you bush beating and nit picking is nothing but stalling the truth. Stop being a blind mindless patriot.

Let's go back a lot of years.... Now, nothing much is going on, there are the usual scuffles in the middle east, but nothing bad enough to turn the wheels of the ever hungry war machine that pisses on the American people.
So thankfully a couple of buildings got knocked over (let's not dicuss who did that.... we all know this was inside faul play).... now this is pretty bad, but why not use this to our advantage? So how do you do that?

The media is already steaming about who could have done this... which country they came from and so on. They ask all the questions and they get some answers.... but here's the funny thing.... amongst the answers to those questions, you also answer a question which nobody asked in the first place.

You simply say: "And about those WMDs in Iraq... we can't confirm those yet..."

So here you have a lot of microphone wielding hungry dogs who are trying to land the next scoop and as you say those words, they go..."huh?" and look at each other.... and then they jump the wagon and the train is off....

ONE.... SIMPLE....... SENTENCE.

Suddenly you have every news paper craving to know more about that story that you just created in their heads by affirming something that they never asked in the first place.

In a way, you just performed a procedure of inception...

And people, people are stupid, people are ignorant. They will buy ANY bull# if it has been on the cover of a paper. And heck, even the corporate shill papers will print the WMD bull# because it serves the cause. So you have every media outlet peddling lies to you.

But here's the thing with lies and myths..... if you talk about them long enough and if enough people can agree on the same thing, the lie becomes truth and the truth shall set you free.

The American government... heck to be honest EVERY SINGLE WESTERN government, are clear and through CORRUPT, without exception.

The question just is... how the # long will you guys, the good old common people, so-called voters, keep accepting that this elite who resides in government under the guise of democracy PISSES you in the face EVERY SINGLE DAY?

How long?

Have you got not guts anymore? No self respect?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Stop trying to make this into an American partisan issue.

Democrats or Republicans....it's irrelevant. We're not discussing which administration was responsible for what or when. It doesn't make a difference overall. It doesn't make a difference whether it was Colin Powell or Madeleine Albright who spoke in front of the UN.
edit on 18/3/13 by Kram09 because: Added last sentence, to make my point more.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

That video had nothing to do with politics the reasoning behind the war is right there in black and white.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join