It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MI6 and CIA were told before invasion that Iraq had no active WMD

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

edit on 3/19/2013 by dragnik because: addition of photo

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
There is nothing surprising about this 'fact' for your edification an excerpt from Plato's Republic:

In the last stage of degeneration, democracy, the most free city, descends into tyranny, the most enslaved. The insatiable desire for freedom causes the city to neglect the necessities of proper ruling. The drones stir up trouble again. In the democracy, this class is even fiercer than in the oligarchy because they usually end up becoming the dominant political figures. There are two other classes in the democracy other than the drones: there are those who are most naturally organized and so become wealthy, and then there are those who work with their hands and take little part in politics. The drones deceive both these other classes, inciting them against each other. They try to convince the poor that the rich are oligarchs, and they try to convince the rich that the poor are going to revolt. In their fear, the rich try to limit the freedoms of the poor and in so doing come to resemble oligarchs. In response, the poor revolt. The leader of this revolt—the drone who stirs up the people—becomes the tyrant when the poor people triumph. He kills all the good people for fear that they will supplant him, then enslaves everyone else so that he can steal from them to support his lavish and extravagant life-style. He also needs to constantly make war, to distract people from what he is doing. He must pander to the worst segments of society—the other drones—to make them his bodyguards.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Oh yea, believe the former Hussein government. Do you also believe the Assad or Hamas propaganda???

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Its always to little to late... We all knew its smelled fishy from the start
We will discus past events like we are doing some good but we are all to blame even us the ATS community...Who think we are not sheeple because we discuss events after they occur
If a poll was done backed by proof. Than i would say only a small fraction of ATS users have ever REALLY been out and vocal in the crowd that stand there ground in the street
I have been a sheeple on occasion BUT to admit is to learn AND NEVER SHALL I PREACH WITH OUT ACTING FIRST.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
We send spies there, they send spies here. We find out some secrets they find out some secrets...nothing happens. a little cyber attack or two back and forth.

its just all a game they play with our money.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
It's be great if someone would post the video for those of us that aren't in the UK and can't watch it on the BBC's site.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Not to go against the 'grain' but this is rather a moot point as it's too late to do anything about any invasion however, when we know this current administration was well aware of the Benghazi incident and we let Obama and friends get away with this does anything the government do really come as a surprise to anyone?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I see...and this is huge, that Saddam's officers told us there were no WMDs?

News Flash! Nazi officers told the US and Britain prior to the end of WWII that Germany had no nuclear ambitions!!

I fail to see why ANY of you would trust any intel as issued by Saddam's people....Whether you believe, or not, that there were WMD and whether you believe or not that anyone lied about WMD in Iraq...I still fail to understand why anyone would attach credibility to any statements issued by Saddam's officers..........I mean, really? lol

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by freelance_zenarchist

Below is the 1 hour BBC documentary on last night covering this topic. For me it gets to the bottom of it all once and for all. Added all four clips and make for interesting viewing.

edit on 19-3-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wulff
Not to go against the 'grain' but this is rather a moot point as it's too late to do anything about any invasion however, when we know this current administration was well aware of the Benghazi incident and we let Obama and friends get away with this does anything the government do really come as a surprise to anyone?

Actually, highly telling is that Obama and Clinton got a pass on the Benghazi affair from virtually all quarters. Heaven forbid that our media would press for answers....

As far as WMD in Iraq goes...High ranking Democrats (including President Clinton during the 90s) were convinced there were WMD. Clinton bombed an aspirin factory thinking it was manufacturing WMD.

There are many quotes available from virtually every Democrat of note regarding WMD's in Iraq...funny how many forgot about those, and yet maintained and condemned that Bush and his admin orchaestrated the WMD scenario as an excuse to invade.

Seems that it wasnt until well after the initial invasion that Dems began pointing fingers and changing positions since they smelled blood and figured to score political points against Repubs.

To blame Bush (I am NOT a Bush fan, btw) is extremely facile, simplistic, disengenuous and a host of other descriptions.

Anyone who who doesnt see that there are only the barest of shades of grey difference between Dems and Repubs are just plain obtuse.

We desperately need a 3rd party...we desperately need term limits and we desperately need politicians that are genuinely driven by what is best for America, and not what will get them re-elected.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Is anyone surprised by this? Not me, money talks - the industrial military complex saw a ripe juicy country for the taking, saw the potential of oil contracts and weapon contracts. Include the fact that Saddam wasn't playing the game for the elite any longer.

Bush and company will never see any jail time, and neither will Obama with his illegal wars.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm just gonna post this here because I have not yet reached my 20 post limit, and cannot make a thread yet ( I feel this really limits a lot of good information). Anyway what is up with Don Henley? Check out the lyrics to his song Inside Job released in 2000 before 9/11... Also this is a related post to the topic btw...

While you were sleeping
They came and took it all away
The lanes and the meadows
The places where you used to play

It was an inside job
By the well-connected
Your little protest
Summarily rejected

It was an inside job
Like it always is
Chalk it up to business as usual

While we are dreaming
This little island disappears
While you are looking the other way
They'll take your right to own your own ideas

And it's an inside job
Favors collected
Your trusted servants
Have left you unprotected

It was an inside job
Like it always is
Just chalk it up
To business as usual

You think that you're so smart
But you don't have a #ing clue
What those men up in the towers
Are doing to me and you
And they'll keep doin' it and doin' it
And doin' it and doin' it
Until we all wake up
Wake up, wake up, wake up, wake up

I know what I've done wrong
I am acquainted with the night
I know how hard it is
To always walk out in the light

And it's an inside job
To learn about forgiving
It's an inside job
To hang on to the joy of living

They know the road by which you came
They know your mother's maiden name
And what you had for breakfast
And what you've hidden in the mattress

Insect politics
Indifferent universe
Bang your head against the wall
But apathy is worse

It's an inside job
It's an inside job
It's an inside job
Yeh, yeah

It's an inside job
It's an inside job
It's an inside job
It's an inside job

It's an inside job
It's an inside job

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by D8ncer

Thank you D8ncer!

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
But there WERE WMDs. Even Reuters and AP published articles citing the undeniable facts. While the mainstream media published the truth, they didn't go on and on about it; otherwise, they might "clear" the name of President George W. Bush.

Yet, even if one could now dismiss that perceived stain upon G.W., he has so many others that he will never come squeaky clean. But I won't go into the economic issues and such.

Wish I had one of those articles to link to, from MSM acknowledging there were WMDs in Iraq and that G. W. Bush Administration kept the two caches secret because our military needed to defend it from all the terrorists that wanted to acquire those weapons. All we needed was fanatic individuals grabbing what they could get and dispersing with chemical weapons.

I will see if I can find a link to one of these very insightful articles.

But I also found it impressive that President George W. Bush was okay letting people attack his character when he could have cleared that aspect up at any time by showing the true WMD cache finds. But, he was at least one of the few recent presidents who respected national security more than his own popular image.

It took WikiLeaks for the public to find out there really were WMDs in Iraq.

But we need to be talking about how THERE WERE WMDs in IRAQ in caches that our military and the Bush Administration kept secret so they could prevent terrorists from attacking those highly desired weapons and buy time to find ways to move the WMDs into a truly secure location.

Sure, the chemical weapons (WMDs by definition) that were found wouldn't have ended the world, but they met the definition and could have easily been used to kill masses. The news reports show that they were active. But not a giant horror movie that even the mainstream media quickly jumped on the bandwagon to play with fear in their audience. Thus, our emotional perception would never match anything short of state of the art WMDs with super powers. Let's just all face the truth that they existed and were deadly but never a global extinction level type of event the media was complicit in hyping (for control over the sheeple).

Articles
Note, there were some excellent articles when it broke. For now, this is what I can find to share:

NY Post - Iraq did have chemical WMD, WikiLeaks documents reveal

HotAir - WikiLeaks documents show WMDs found in Iraq

PBS Frontline - Saddam Hussein's Weapons of Mass Destruction
edit on 19-3-2013 by twoandthree because: added links

edit on 19-3-2013 by twoandthree because: link

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
And to be fair here, if anyone needed to be removed it was Saddam and his regime. He had started a war with Iran, he tried to invade Kuwait, he gassed over 5000 of his own people,

Q: what did he gas his own people with?

A: WMD

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Anything done by the bbc cant be trusted, They are a propaganda machine put there to further the governments agenda. You look at the Iraq inquiry and what a farce that was. It was proven that it was a crock of lies, and what was Blairs punishment? A cushty job in the UN. All of these mainstream media outlets wether they are American, British, International, whatever, are owned by the same people. The elites and the corporations.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Teabags

Really he didnt gas them with WMDs. Theres a difference between chemical weapons and WMDs. Nearly all nations have chemical weapons, and the mainstream media defines chemical weapons as WMDs because then EVERY nation they want to attack can be targeted using the old WMD excuse. We have seen it in Iraq, we have seen it in Syria and we have seen them attempting to use it on Iran. People need to wake up and stop trusting these media outlets.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Mayhem420 because: Typo

edit on 19-3-2013 by Mayhem420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayhem420
reply to post by Teabags

Really he didnt gas them with WMDs. Theres a difference between chemical weapons and WMDs. Nearly all nations have chemical weapons, and the mainstream media defines chemical weapons as WMDs because then EVERY nation they want to attack can be targeted using the old WMD excuse. We have seen it in Iraq, we have seen it in Syria and we have seen them attempting to use it on Iran. People need to wake up and stop trusting these media outlets.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Mayhem420 because: Typo

edit on 19-3-2013 by Mayhem420 because: (no reason given)

NO offense, whatsoever, but just exactly what do you think WMD's are? Weapons of Mass Destruction which, no offense, qualify due to their ability to kill large numbers of people.

I have NEVER heard anyone claim there was a difference between chemical weapons and WMD's....your argument is ... invalid. (I am being as polite as possible without calling anyone a total DA)

Not all WMD's are chemical weapons, but ALL chemical weapons capable of killing a large number of people ARE WMD's. (Not all birds are eagles, but ALL eagles are birds).

Mustard gas and nerve agents which are designed to be dispersed in the air over a large area are, under anyone's definition (who knows the difference between shist and shinola), WMDs.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join