Just In: Blackout at Fukushima Daiichi — Cooling at fuel pools stopped, all power’s been down 3h

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This is really bad news. They dont have another day. If coolants dont come back within a few hours, same day, they have to boron it and cement it or the goo has left the station. The past game they played was a bunch of crapola. For within 1 day, its too late, and meltdown has occurred.

So the bloodlines are going for out of africa again, well we all need to pray for the Cosmos to come in ASAP and Higher Ups, Angels to deal with this and them.
edit on 18-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

7.3 in December with 8 aftershocks
7.1 twice in April 2011
Multiple 4.7-5.1 in the last 3 months
6.2 3 months ago
7.0 July 2011

I'd say those were pretty strong quakes, and yet there was no major release after any of them. There hasn't been a major release since they stopped the initial release after the initial release was stopped.

The more significant quakes in the region mean more opportunities for increased structural damage to the already damaged site.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Wrong. It takes time for the reactor to reach critical without power. As long as the fuel rods are covered by water, then it will take days. The only time that it would be within "hours" is if the rods are completely uncovered and there is no way to get cooling to them. Even pumping sea water over them will keep them from melting down completely. There was talk that Fukushima would have to pump sea water over the reactor for years before they could contain it again.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

And yet, with the increase for structural damage to the reactor, there was no release. You would think that if things weren't being handled at least somewhat well, don't you think there would have been one? I'm not saying things are fine, or are being handled perfectly, but the "It's going to end the world" garbage is crap.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I agree, when something comes along that is cheap as coal (but significantly less harmful), as efficient as nuclear (which solar and wind don't even come close), and doesn't take up miles to get anywhere near current power plants (as the solar farms I've passed out west do).

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I just keep thinking about Edgar Cayce's predicition
"...Japan must go into the sea."
He didn't say will, can or should, implying a natural progression of events, but said "must" implying that it should deliberately go there out of need.
Thoughts anyone?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Leuren Moret about Japan Fukushima Nuclear Disaster Truth 1/2

This whistleblower who was guest of the royal family in Japan and worked for the Manhatten Project is who I believe and in this she said, that it is known by all the industry, that there is only so many hours. When the first disaster happened in Japan, and the back up systems failed, they didn't have any time. By morning the train left the station, China Syndrom and or its likes occurred. Which is why there was a blue neuron flash video'd.

They have to get it back fast, or they have to cement it.

Reactor 4 is filled fuel rods.

It has been estimated to be a world destroyer.

www.infowars.com...

akiomatsumura.com...

letter to the UN

I was asked to make a statement at the public hearing of the Budgetary Committee of the House of Councilors on March 23. I raised the crucial problem. of N0.4 reactor of Fukushima containing1535 fuel assemblies. It could be fatally damaged by continuing aftershocks. Moreover, 50 meters away from it exists a common cooling pool for 6 reactors containing 6375 fuel assemblies!

It is no exaggeration to say that the fate of Japan and the whole world depends on NO.4 reactor. This is confirmed by most reliable experts like Dr. Arnie Gundersen or Dr. Fumiaki Koide.

Fukushima Reactor 4: Life On Planet Earth in the Balance

I've been expecting something big to be occurring March 21-22nd, and it appears that something big is in the works. So no accidents either, all done on purpose.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
If they're still talking about this tomorrow and pretending they have days to get it going, its all a game and its too late. So start praying today.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

A reactor that is completely uncovered will melt down within hours. A reactor that has water either in the pool, or is having water poured over it, as in having sea water dumped into it, will go for days before the temperature reaches critical. That's why when power is lost to a plant, they have back up plans, including just dumping water through the reactor pool. That's why reactor 4 was having sea water poured into it after the accident. If it melted down in hours, and was a world killer, we would already be dead, as it would have killed us all after the initial accident. It took them days to get cooling even close to restored in reactor 4, and yet, we're all still here. Didn't even see a huge increase in radiation from it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Are they cooling it? I won't give them any more time with this. This is life and death to the world. And the proper procedure is to boron and cement. I suggest they get on this immediately.

Also from what I watched in a video. They were lifting the fuel rods out of there, just like that, when you cannot do that, so they endangered the entire world at that moment. Complete morons are running that show and so far, the world hasn't walked in. I don't get it. They have to airlift every single rod out, encased in coolant water, and apparently its not something done before.

Senator Wyden on Fukushima visit
edit on 18-3-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
here's another news blog
fukushima-diary.com...

failout is suppose to reach tokyo by the 19th, tommorrow
edit on 18-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)
edit on 18-3-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

You can lift the rods out, and expose them for a short time. The rods in reactor 4 are spent cooling rods, which can be contained in casks. They aren't as active as a "normal" fuel rod. Spent fuel rods can no longer maintain the reaction required for use in a reactor. You have to lift spent fuel rods out to both transport them to a holding tank, and to put them in a cask that is used to store them for disposal.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BostonBill99

"Must" go into the sea is pretty telling, and I do pay attention to what Edgar had to say regarding the future.

It doesn't mean what he said will happen as each choice can change the outcome of said future however he didn't leave it open for debate in regards to Japan.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So, are you basically saying that this is no big deal... nothing to see here.... move along?

It seems like it's a pretty big deal.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

TEPCO planned for an earthquake, and a tsunami at Fukushima. Everything worked just fine, but the tsunami was much larger than predicted. The systems weren't designed to handle a tsunami that large, happening that quickly after the earthquake, and it flooded the pumps. The system went into automatic SCRAM at the first sign of the earthquake just as advertised. The fuel rods were inserted into the cooling tank to slow the reaction from taking place, just as advertised. The pumps were flooded too quickly after the tsunami broke the retaining wall that was in place around the plant, and that's what started everything off. Hydrogen built up quicker than expected, but when the workers returned to the plant it was still salvageable at that point, by venting the hydrogen. But when the pumps were turned on, to try to cool the cores, there was a spark which ignited the hydrogen.

So everything would have worked as advertised, if the tsunami had been of a size that was modeled when the plant was built.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm not saying that everything is fine. I'm saying that there is still a good bit of time to get this under control again, and that just because we're talking radiation it doesn't mean that we have to run around like a chicken without a head in a total panic over it.

A number of good sources (experienced nuclear engineers and scientists) all say that even if reactor 4 collapses, the amount of radiation released would be a "blip on the radar" as far as the earth was concerned. It's not going to be an extinction level event, but it will be bad for people in some areas.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

You can lift the rods out, and expose them for a short time. The rods in reactor 4 are spent cooling rods, which can be contained in casks. They aren't as active as a "normal" fuel rod. Spent fuel rods can no longer maintain the reaction required for use in a reactor. You have to lift spent fuel rods out to both transport them to a holding tank, and to put them in a cask that is used to store them for disposal.

'Most' of the fuel rods in pool 4 are spent rods. Reactor 4 was prepping for refueling, when the quake hit, and it's 'new rods' were in the cooling pool at that time. While the new rods have not been in service, which makes them 'more dangerous', they are the more dangerous of rods in the #4 pool.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

This guy breaks the disaster down in very simple terms. Definitely worth the watch.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

TV: Historic number of sea lions washing up in S. California — Has reached “epidemic proportions” — Center declares state of emergency — Feds: “There’s something going on oceanographically”

enenews.com... e-dying-theres-something-going-on-oceano

Something is going on with all marine mammals' food supply. Something major is happening with all of our ocean ecosystems. These malnourished pups are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg.

Dr. Bruce Monger, an oceanographer at Cornell University, told my class in eCornell's Plant-Based Nutrition Certificate Program that we as a society have "maxed out the ocean."

He says 75 percent of all major fisheries in the world are currently either fully exploited or over-exploited, and we have less than 10 percent of the top ocean predators (e.g., swordfish or bluefin tuna) today than we had in the 1960s. These fish aren't replaceable, friends.

Many marine scientists believe that, at the rate we're going, the seas will be barren by 2048. (Did you get that? No sea life in 35 years!)

www.huffingtonpost.com...

img.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Personally I think we should all start writing to our representatives pleading with them to close the remaining nuclear power plants globally. It may sound extreme but it makes the most sense. If just one nuclear powerplant can potentially cause this much of a global impact due to a natural disaster whose to say how bad things could get if more naturals disasters effected other plants. Like the plants near the new Madrid fault line for example. This disaster with Fukushima could just be the tip of the iceberg if we don't take proactive steps now. I for one will be writing Indiana's representatives...

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join