It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just In: Blackout at Fukushima Daiichi — Cooling at fuel pools stopped, all power’s been down 3h

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The total number of days between Friday, March 11, 2011 and Friday, March 1, 2013 is 720 days.

The radiation poisoning of we, the people, our children, pets, food, water and our land has continued unabated - 24/7/365
[color=Chartreuse]
- for 1 year, 11 months, 17 days, 14 minutes

... which is:

• 62,280,440 seconds
• 1,038,074 minutes
• 17,301 hours (rounded down)
• 102 weeks (rounded down)

Once again, are we any closer to a solution to the Fukushima multiple melt-throughs disaster/fiasco spewing life-altering clouds of radiation 24/7/365 ?

OK, let's try a different tactic to share what we feel is important to understand at this precise time in history.

The balloon has dropped, people, and it's called
Nukushima.

[align=center][font=Impact][color=chartreuse]FOR THE RECORD[/font][/align]
Another home-run by our friend Bobby1.

Fukushima AIDS, part 1

26 February 2013

[color=chartreuse]Chernobyl AIDS & Fukushima AIDS
The ongoing global spread of radionuclides from the destroyed Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant is causing immune system-related illnesses in Japan, the USA, and worldwide.

The same phenomenon occurred and is still occurring after the Chernobyl nuclear catastrophe in 1986, where it was termed “Chernobyl AIDS.”

One result of many studies conducted during the last few years in Ukraine, Belarus, and Russia is the clear finding that Chernobyl radiation suppresses immunity – a person’s or organism’s natural protective system against infection and most diseases.

The lymphatic system – the bone marrow, thymus, spleen, lymph nodes, and Peyer’s patches – has been impacted by both large and small doses of ionizing radiation from the Chernobyl fallout. As a result, the quantity and activity of various groups of lymphocytes and thus the production of antibodies, including various immunoglobulins, stem cells, and thrombocytes, are altered.

The ultimate consequences of destruction of the immune system is immunodeficiency and an increase in the frequency and seriousness of acute and chronic diseases and infections, as is widely observed in the Chernobyl-irradiated territories…

The suppression of immunity as a result of this radioactive contamination is known as “Chernobyl AIDS.”…

Apparently, impaired immunity triggered by Chernobyl radionuclides adversely affected all of the individuals, without exception, who were subjected to any additional radiation. (Yablokov et al., p. 87 & 92, emphasis mine)

So everyone who was exposed to Chernobyl radiation had their immune systems affected from the fallout.

The same will happen to everyone exposed to Fukushima radiation, which is or will be the entire populations of Japan and the USA.

This is known as “Fukushima AIDS.” more

[color=magenta]Peace Love Light
tfw
[color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution

edit on 20/3/2013 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
What about People in Australia are We saved?

We are not are we?

Aww.. Noo.. We are going to Mutate

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Nuclear disaster headquarters to lift rice planting restriction in 20km area
March 20th, 2013

On 3/19/2013, Nuclear disaster headquarters of Prime Minister of Japan and his Cabinet announced to lift the rice planing restriction from Naraha machi, Kawauchi mura, Kawamata machi, Iitate mura, and Minamisoma city of Fukushima.

In these areas, they are going to start the experimental planting to restart the ordinary rice planting in 2013. In Narahamachi, the restriction of rice planting will be lifted in all the areas including the former evacuation zone of 20km area. Kawauchi mura has almost 40% of the area in 20km zone, but it’s also lifted including the evacuation zone.

fukushima-diary.com...

Highly radioactive dust accumulated in the body of Shinkansen with no place to stock

March 20th, 2013 ·

According to National Railway Workers Union, highly radioactive dust is accumulated on the lower part of body of Shinkansen (Japanese bullet train) in North East Japan. The train inspection company happened to collect the dust when they inspected the train bodies, but because it’s over the safety limit, industrial waste processor returned the dust to them.

Ministry of the Environment determined the safety regulation to be 8,000 Bq/Kg. If it’s over the limit, they can’t use it to fill land.

By June of 2012, 26 cases (800×1000×700mm) of the dust were retuned. The surface dose was 5.49 μSv/h, specific nuclides are not known. 20 cases of them were carried to “gas storage cabinet” but 6 were left outside. The current situation is not updated. It is assumed that the highly radioactive dust accumulates when the train goes through the contaminated area of North East Japan.

fukushima-diary.com...
edit on 20-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This may have already been posted so please forgive me if it has.

Rat suspected of causing power problem at Fukushima plant
Kyodo -- Mar 20

newsonjapan.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by fr33kSh0w2012

We are not are we?

If you think that's joke you are very wrong ..

First greater symptoms will be children born from exposed parents and more generation after, and that is very sad and heartbreaking true ..

Very little information have how dangerous is this kind of radiation on very sensitive fetus and embryo, it's not even close dose of radiation to see or feel consequence from adult-resistant bodies ..

Also adults collecting all the time radiation when passing years not only from direct expose but in all possible ways and that list is very large, from all kind of food, plants, fish's, rain, waters, air, oceans, etc, like you can see in post above even from trains "Shinkansen" etc ..

Fetus is very sensitive for very little dose of radiation although parents do not feel any effect or consequence it's very bad situation believe me, my hart is braking every time when i think about this silent and "eternal" killer or process for many generation ..

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Crucial cooling systems restored, Tepco says — Local official: “We don’t believe Fukushima disaster is under control” — NYT: “Impossible to independently assess conditions at plant”
enenews.com... ditions-plant

Sometimes the people who leave comments about the article have ideas that are worth consideration, they share details you don't get through MSM and they put the situation in perspective.

A solution to contaminated water at Fukushima was posted by 21stCentury. It is lengthy so check the link if you are interested.…

These describe fragility of the issue:

Listen to this !! This is so f…ing funny !!. Im watching NHK news in Japan, and TEPCO are saying that a "RAT" or some kind of rodent caused the lastest cock-up at Fukushima by chewing through the cables or something!!. People our fate could have been decided by a RAT !! .TEPCO is a MOFOing Joke !!….James Cagney comes to mind !!.

Might I add, our fate still could be decided by a rat. They are still there.

and

"Nice, the pumps are on trucks several km away and the switch box is on another truck. This is what keeps us from disaster. See AP article."

I share the same sentiments as the next one. It is foolish to trust a liar.

Did they really fix all of the power problems? Please prove it to the world, other-wise I do not buy there story. Tepco tell the truth no matter how bad, please.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MariaLida

EVIDENCE FOR LOW-LEVEL RADIATION EFFECTS ON THE HUMAN EMBRYO AND FETUS.

www.osti.gov...

How Will Radiation Affect Unborn Babies in Japan?
Mar 15, 2011 6:36 PM EDT

Those most affected by the nuclear crisis could be the next generation of Japanese. Alizah Salario on what radiation does to a fetus—and why cultural stigma could make things even worse.

But it also threatens a group that doesn’t even know disaster has struck: Japan’s unborn children. A full-blown nuclear meltdown would be devastating for pregnant women and their fetuses, which are particularly vulnerable to the lasting effects of radiation. Should the worst-case scenario become a reality, it could lead to a generation of children born with all manner of maladies, from congenital malformation to mental retardation.

Even at radiation levels too low to make a mother-to-be sick, health consequences for a fetus can be severe, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Fetal exposure to radiation is particularly damaging during the stage of organogenesis (9-42 days), a period of gestation crucial to the development of the heart, lungs, and brain, according to Dr. Evan Douple, the Associate Chief of Research at the Radiation Effects Research Foundation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

www.thedailybeast.com...

A fetus can be exposed in a couple of different ways, Chandon Guha, vice chairman of the radiation oncology department at Montefiore Medical Center and Albert Einstein College of Medicine, tells the Health Blog.

Gamma radiation can pass directly to the fetus through the woman’s body, similar to a diagnostic x-ray, though the woman’s abdomen does shield the fetus from exposure. But of equal concern are damaging particles that are released from nuclear accidents and be carried by the wind. If those are inhaled, ingested or absorbed into the skin, they can reach the fetus through the circulatory system of the mother and cause damage, he says.

blogs.wsj.com...

news.discovery.com...

library.thinkquest.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out the striking similarities between the cows in Fukushima and the "strange" sickness recently found to be affecting seals in Alaska and perhaps California as well. This is more like a followup post to the previous one.

First up, cows near the reactor explosion of Fukushima, about 14 kilometers away, image credit from the site below:

NuclearHistory - Fukushima Now Dateline SBS TV Australia 5 March 2013 - Spot the Beta Burns

I picked some of the images to let the cattle rancher/farmer speak for himself about the "Fukushima syndrome". After that, I posted comparison images of seals to show the similarities.

A quote from the show by the nearby farmer:

"Since the accident, I've had 15 or 16 whole-body scans. I was worried about the levels I'd been exposed to. I've had other health checks, quite thorough ones. They all came back ok.

Let that sink in.

Now for the seals being recently found in Alaska (and here) and even around California:

Do you see any similarities? Any patches of hair missing or other open wounds? Maybe beta burns?

Keep in mind the following quote from the previously linked source:

Preliminary tests to determine whether exposure from the 2011 Fukushima nuclear plant accident in Japan have also not revealed any answers. More tests on tissue samples for radionuclides associated with the event are being conducted, but those done so far have not yielded any direct connection.

Opinions on this anyone? What do you think is really is going on?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MariaLida

Originally posted by fr33kSh0w2012

We are not are we?

If you think that's joke you are very wrong ..

First greater symptoms will be children born from exposed parents and more generation after, and that is very sad and heartbreaking true ..

Very little information have how dangerous is this kind of radiation on very sensitive fetus and embryo, it's not even close dose of radiation to see or feel consequence from adult-resistant bodies ..

Also adults collecting all the time radiation when passing years not only from direct expose but in all possible ways and that list is very large, from all kind of food, plants, fish's, rain, waters, air, oceans, etc, like you can see in post above even from trains "Shinkansen" etc ..

Fetus is very sensitive for very little dose of radiation although parents do not feel any effect or consequence it's very bad situation believe me, my hart is braking every time when i think about this silent and "eternal" killer or process for many generation ..

Your sentences do not make any logical sense?

What nationality are you?

Did you really think I was joking did you not see the SAD EMOTICON at the end?

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Fairewinds Responds to Power Failure at Fukushima Daiichi
20 March

Is TEPCO doing an adequate job of keeping the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power site safe?

We don’t think so. [...] to have such a massive power failure last almost 24 hours is unconscionable. Because this problem lasted almost one day, and because several cooling systems were simultaneously disabled, Fairewinds believes that a common electrical component is the equipment that failed, likely a junction box or a transformer. Nuclear plants are supposed to be built to be single failure proof, meaning that if one component fails the systems still remain operational via other equipment. The loss of spent fuel pool cooling simultaneously in three nuclear reactors means that a common mode failure, or worse yet a single failure, was somehow allowed to occur in TEPCO’s jury-rigged design. This simply should never happen.

TEPCO claims that there was no radiation release from this recent power failure, but that is a scientific impossibility. When power is lost in a spent fuel pool, the radioactive fuel rods heat the pools up. As the pools heat up, evaporation increases resulting in a white “smoke” (steam). That steam is radioactive, containing some of the radiation that was previously in the pool. As the water warms up, radiation releases will increase. [...]

Yesterday’s power loss is further proof that the conditions at Fukushima Daiichi are still unstable, despite what TEPCO and the Japanese and US governments say.

fairewinds.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Crews 'facing 100-year battle' at Fukushima
AM
David Mark, Mark Willacy, staff

A nuclear expert has warned that it might be 100 years before melting fuel rods can be safely removed from Japan's Fukushima nuclear plant.

The warning came as levels of radioactive iodine flushed into the sea near the plant spiked to a new high and the Wall Street Journal said it had obtained disaster response blueprints which said the plant's operators were woefully unprepared for the scale of the disaster.

Water is still being poured into the damaged reactors to cool melting fuel rods.

But one expert says the radiation leaks will be ongoing and it could take 50 to 100 years before the nuclear fuel rods have completely cooled and been removed.

"As the water leaks out, you keep on pouring water in, so this leak will go on for ever," said Dr John Price, a former member of the Safety Policy Unit at the UK's National Nuclear Corporation.

"There has to be some way of dealing with it. The water is connecting in tunnels and concrete-lined pits at the moment and the question is whether they can pump it back.

"The final thing is that the reactors will have to be closed and the fuel removed, and that is 50 to 100 years away.

"It means that the workers and the site will have to be intensely controlled for a very long period of time."

But Laurence Williams, Professor of Nuclear Safety at England's University of Central Lancashire and the former head nuclear regulator for the UK, is relatively comfortable with the situation.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

First, a huge thanks for Maria for keeping everyone updated with the latest happenings.

Dear Thor:
You replied --

Greetings:
What happened here? Did you mix us up with the detractors?

No, kind sir. I'm not confused, but the way the mod(s) snipped my comment made it appear that I was calling you out. Had my message not been censored, you and everyone else would have understood my message quite clearly in regards to what I was communicating and why it was snipped.
Sorry for the confusion. It's getting more and more difficult to navigate this battle ground we find ourselves upon.
Keep fighting the good fight and, hopefully, truth will crush all in the end.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It was ALL watched by a site that reported it, The links are ALL gone now but were done by a company that does atmospheric testing Norwegian Institute for Air Research (NILU). I originally got the link from here somewhere, now those links are not accessible by the public. THEY ALL KNOW exactly how much radiation is flowing...they have a site that gives them information when ever they want it but we are not allowed to view it any more. What does that tell you? Link to that thread HERE: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-3-2013 by Opportunia because: error correction & syntax

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Opportunia

Greetings:

The interested researcher will find a great many of the NILU - and other 'deleted-from-the-web' graphics captured for posterity right here on ATS:

America's Being Nuked - Can We Together Stop the Madness Before It's Too Late?

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
After earth quake Japan is struggling from Nuclear radiation.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Sellafield nuclear site closed down as rain and snow sweeps across Britain

Snowy weather comes amid reports that UK gas supplies have been nearly drained by the unusually cold weather
Friday 22 March 2013

The Sellafield nuclear site was today shut down in response to adverse weather conditions as rain and snow swept across Britain causing school closures and transport chaos.

www.independent.co.uk...

Sellafield snafu: UK nuclear site shutdown totals $160bln amid cost overruns

Decommissioning one of the “most hazardous” nuclear sites in Europe has already cost Britain $106 billion, and further expenses are expected, officials have said. Sellafield chiefs have come under fire for missed deadlines and inflated salaries.

Sellafield, the nuclear reprocessing site in Cumbria, northwest England, stores 82 tons of plutonium waste. A plant director called one of the plant's buildings, B30, “the most hazardous industrial building in Western Europe.”

rt.com...

Tepco concealing the analysis data for Plutonium because of “the bad weather”
Posted by Mochizuki on March 22nd, 2013

On 3/21/2013, Tepco released the marine soil analysis data about Pu-238/239/240, but they didn’t show the readings of the soil taken from the south discharge channel of Fukushima plant. The sample was dry soil. The analyzed samples were taken 6 months ago, last September.

Tepco states they couldn’t take samples due to the “bad weather”, but according to Japanese Meteorological Agency, there were 22 sunny days in September. There were only 3 rainy days. Tepco also measured (2.2±0.29)×10-1 Bq/Kg of Pu-239/240 from dry soil of North of reactor5, 6 discharge channel. They evaluated like this below, but unfortunately it’s mentioning the wrong date of “July 19, 2012″.

fukushima-diary.com...
edit on 22-3-2013 by MariaLida because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I can't find anything on the Fukushima cooling problem from a few days ago. Can someone give me an update, please?

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

The cooling system was restored not long after.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by jiggerj

The cooling system was restored not long after.

Thank you. I still say they should be forced to shut it all down and destroy it.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

They can't yet. It takes years for the rods to cool enough to be able to safely take them out and put then into a permanent storage cask and move them somewhere. The rods that are in pool 4 haven't quite gotten to that point yet, so they have to stay there a little while longer until they can be safely moved.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join