It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Growing Number Of States Eye Bills To Defy Federal Gun Laws

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Not sure if this was posted but this was in the news. I think its a smart move by the states ahead of the proposed law by the Federal Government. The POTUS worked with the states to facilitate legalized sale of Marijuana. Lets see if he does the same to ease on the Gun laws. On the contrary the marijuana sales will bring much needed tax revenue similar to tobacco sales (though at the cost of degeneration of populus upto certain extent). It would be interesting to see the political chaos in DC before the proposed gun law actually goes into effect.

These bills have a long way to go before they become law - if they ever do - but states across the nation are introducing their own legislation to preemptively defeat any new federal gun laws.

In Ohio, two senators have introduced SB36, which would prohibit firearms seizures, registration and bans in their state.

Sen. Jared Carpenter introduced a bill that would prohibit Kentucky from enforcing new federal gun control laws if they're enacted. The measure passed by a vote of 34-3.

The Idaho House of Representatives passed a bill that criminalizes the act of enforcing any new federal laws than ban, restrict, confiscate, or require registration of firearms or ammunition in violation of the state's constitution.

HB219 passed by a 55-13 vote.

In Louisiana, Rep. Jim Morris sponsored a bill that "prohibits the enforcement of federal restrictions regarding the ownership or possession of semi-automatic firearms."

The House Public Safety Committee in Oklahoma passed HB2021 that would also prohibit the enforcement of federal gun laws.

House Bill 1076, sponsored by Rep. Steve Toth in Texas, would disallow state and local police from enforcing new gun control measures passed by the federal government.

In Kansas, the House approved three pro-gun bills, one of which prohibits the federal government from enforcing gun laws or bans on firearms and accessories manufactured, sold, or kept in the state.

The "Arizona Firearms: Prohibited Enforcement" bill would make it a Class 6 felony for the federal government to enforce new laws or regulations on guns, accessories and ammunition owned or manufactured in the state.

Senate bill 63 in Michigan would exempt firearms and firearms accessories made and sold exclusively in Michigan from federal gun restrictions.

And in Washington State, a state that recently legalized the recreational use of marijuana, the House has introduced HB 1371 which reads as follows:

"Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after January 1, 2013, shall be unenforceable within the borders of Washington if the law, rule, regulation, or order attempts to: (a) Ban or restrict ownership of a semiautomatic firearm or any magazine of a firearm; or (b) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in any manner."

SOURCE

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Which is why Feinstein and the gun grabbers are trying to force it through the federal level, all federal laws supersede any state or local law and or ordinance.

So no the county sheriff, or local police wont come and arrest you, but the federal boys sure will.

I dont know about anyone else, but I think I would trust my local police a lot more than any federal police agency.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Seriously,

Take a look around you.

Shelves are empty. There are mo firearms or ammo to purchase friend.

If you or anybody thinks that they are going to outlaw guns, you beter be ready for some red dawn american style.

Everybody i know is buying, even if they dont need it.

All of the gun numbers are skewed, because i know people with arsenals.

They are not going to outlaw guns people.

Too many. They are everywhere. If you do not think,so, get out of your city bubble and go into the small town stores.

I litterally hear people say, i hope so an so comes knocking on my door.

Any number you can find on the amount of guns being owned, triple it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Good. Finally someone is standing up for it's citizens.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I need to get out to one of these states. I'm thinking Washington for several reasons. This could ignite a civil war if the feds come knocking and these states say no. I definitely want to be on the side of freedom if it does

I'm pretty sure that the federal bill isn't going to pass so it shouldn't have to come to that though.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
good

checks and balances

so the obama zombies aren't going to take away your guns with DHS tanks afterall !!! yippee !!!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Its about time, that States start to combat the Abuse by the Federal Government, on Gun laws. The Federal Government better WAKE UP, and realize that they do not have total control. Our founding fathers knew that to much control in one part of Government was and is Dangerous, Irresponsibly, and would lead to the abuse of Powers, that why we have a system of checks and balances. Bravo to the States that are creating their own laws and fighting back against tyranical and abusive government.

The Feds thought passing Gun Laws was a slam dunk after the Sandy Hook tragedy, they under estimated just how much guns are apart of this country, from using them for gaining our freedom, to hunting, conquering the wild west, and the most important part ITS OUR RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Good Luck Goverment, you have one huge uphill battle, that may actually turn into a battle.

Im starting to wonder if the Gov bought all that ammo, to drive up prices, and try to at least slow the population from arming, in case of a civil war, due to an economy that is going to CRASH. but they were too late, most people including me have huge surpluses of ammo and guns.

top topics

join