It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The true and actual meaning of what America is or was intended to be has been lost throughout the years or has been deliberately changed or manipulated throughout time, to help the interest of tyrannical beasts hoping to leach on and take advantage of a system we must preserve and protect. An American Republican or a Constitutional Moderate, Libertarian or whatever you want to label it, which the majority of our founding fathers ideals were aligned with is what this nation was intended to be, which I will explain in more in dept.

To my understanding to be an American Republican or a true American Patriot however you want to label it, is the preservation of the sacred fire of liberty, and the destiny of the republican model of government as quoted from George Washington, but yet again we should not want to put a label on it, just go with the principle of the idea and ideal of form of government in the eyes of the founding fathers; but we as tend to humans put labels on everything. The Republican Model of Government is that one which is just and with accordance with our rights, alongside with democracy. But not a pure democracy, because as a Republic we can pass laws through congress in accordance to our rights and as long as those are not being infringed upon.

We have a representative democracy. A True Republican does not advocate the rights of Gays or the rights of Women or even the rights of blacks but advocates the rights of all men, because we are all free and have our God given rights. Because if we go piece by piece we will soon divide. We follow the rule of law when it is tied to its constitutional purpose. Taxation should be only external not internal, for the fruit of our labors is ours to keep. Taxation should be external which means it should not infringe with our natural survival. A federal tax system is considered unconstitutional. States should pay not individuals with their income. It’s what funded the states to govern the people. The federal government should receive its funds from the states, which it acquired through external profit of the state. A minimal federal government functioned on trade duties and tariffs before the civil war and because we didn’t have so many federal programs that can be funded by the private sector today. During the Civil War the first income tax was started, some legal wrangling occurred over the next 50 years but it was permanently codified in 1913.

The fact of the matter is, we don't need a whole lot of government services. We just need national defense, road and judicial system – that’s it! No state-sponsored education, no health and human services, no veterans affairs people, no government funded research, no welfare, no social security, no EPA, no sec of interior (anyone sure what they actually do anyway?), no AMTRAK, no subsidies, no postal service. There’s a lot that can be provided by the free market. The necessities that are really needed by Government should be paid by an external tax and not as much of internal taxes. External taxes are taxes more oriented toward tariffs and export/import taxes levied against goods being shipping in (and out) of the nation. Internal taxes were the general taxes imposed on items and lands within a nation or colony. These are taxes on goods that most people need or use, and tended to affect most free people in the nation. Since these taxes were so widespread, they were typically decided and collected by the provinces of the nation themselves rather than the entire national government that’s where the states get their money. The only internal tax should exist should be the sales tax (a percentage of the value sold) again no income tax. Government should not give free things to people who do not work it will just keep them in the same level they were at expecting everything in their hands by the government because they think they are entitled to it when no one really is entitled to them anything but their rights and what they were born with. Quoted by Benjamin Franklin " Benjamin Franklin: "I am for doing good to the poor, but I differ in opinion of the means. I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. In my youth I traveled much, and I observed in different countries, that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer. No nation was ever ruined by trade, even seemingly the most disadvantageous" and you may ask well how do i get them out of this poverty? Well its simple let there be a supply of work and a need for workers as simple as that, Let the Freemarket look for its workers and for its best workers in certain abilities. Government should not bailout or give freebees to certain industries or companies, because who is the government to pick who are the winners or losers? Let the Freemarket do its bid and let it pick the winners and losers because if you do a bad investment it is on you to pay for your actions not the people's responsibility through our government.

Government’s only roles in our lives and that of the state is to protect us from foreign attacks, working with immigration and to protect our rights according to the constitution. Partisan politics are one of the biggest problems in this country. The idea that you should align with one group, and restrict your own ability to think by having to vote within those lines is a foreign concept. We have to forget about parties and vote on principle because not only because a person says he is one thing means he will vote like that thing he says he is. George Washington had believed that political parties would be the down fall of our country. As he neared his resignation, George Washington wrote a letter to the nation. He warned of the danger of political parties, and how they would turn the government from a group of people interested in their nation's future to a rambling mob of power hungry professional politicians. I hope that one day America realizes what it has become and realize that its destiny that was set forth by its founding fathers is heading to a different route and hopefully we as true American patriots turn this around for the better of the nation and for the sovereignty of other nations, so that we become an example of freedom and prosperity and will lead by example and never by force.

If you guys think more should be added to this we can add more to it! Tell me what you think.

edit on 18-3-2013 by tecunuman911 because: added video

posted on Mar, 29 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What do you guys think? With most of the laws being enacted by our current administration and past administrations.

People need to be reminded what America is and was intended to be! We fought for all this and should let no one take our rights away.
edit on 29-3-2013 by tecunuman911 because: add more content

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I agree with you. So now what? Ill keep heralding I suppose...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
America is a democratic republic.. and I think we should bring back the democratic republican party... because separated they are a joke *face palm*

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Well I think, in fact I know you are wrong on a number of issues but it is a well thought out post and done with sincerity so I give you credit for that.

new topics

top topics

join