It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

astronomers and UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I saw a show this weekend (scifi channel, I think) , and a skeptic mentioned that its extremly rare for a professional or even amateur astronomer to file a UFO sighting.

He said it was because they know what they are looking at. I can't supply any proof or evidence this is true, but it begs the questiion,

how is it people like billy meier have thousands of picture of UFO's if seti and astronomers have nothing ?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Maybe its because the astronomers dont want to believe what they see. This world is split into two parts. Those who believe in ET activity on our planet and those who dont. Personally astronomers are very scientific and probably think that ETs cant get here. Or not. This is just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Many astronomers have seen UFOs.

NASA has censored pictures taken with its satelites of UFOs.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by radagast
He said it was because they know what they are looking at. I can't supply any proof or evidence this is true, but it begs the questiion,

I think it is really a matter of, what is the point of reporting it. Very few people actually listen or give these sightings the time of day.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm thinking it's either of two things.

1. Like radagast said, the astronomers know what they are looking at. Now I'm not saying all these UFO sightings aren't real, but maybe the astronomers can see them and know that they are some sort of meteor debris, or there is a scientific name for what that little flying white light is up there.

2. Maybe astronomers don't know everything they see up there, and they do admit that they saw a UFO. Then the government is telling them to keep quiet about it, because to the general public, if they knew that our greatest scientists, the people we relied on to tell us the moon and earth's origin and such, we're to say "I saw an alien flying all around... it was sweeeeet" then there would probably be a loss of credit. The same people associated with calculating our Solar Systems origin, would be associated with seeing UFOs everywhere. I just don't think the Government would like UFOs and Scientists to be two words linked together... if you know what I mean.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
billy meier's ufos are in his garage. send an astronomer there and they can see them too.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The problem of lying and prevaricating is ubiquitous [everywhere].

At USDA, the official Food Tables are confounded by their having added in thousands of irrelevant and duplicitious junk food entries, to create "averages" that reflect what they think is "normal."

At USGS, it usually takes a week for the data entry persons to enter all the earthquakes into the neic.usgs.gov file. As a result, USGS shows many fewer quakes than any of the other reporting services, until much much later.

We all know about the red-color filters that NASA uses, and I have more photos to show how they do that [despite the fact the thread that discusses this "problem" has been shut down]. NASA tells us what they want us to know because NASA is run by NSA.

There's a joke going around: "When do you know that a politician is lying?" and the answer is: "When he's moving his lips."

Simply apply that joke to every branch of science and Gummint at this point because they are ALL vested in a status quo dominated by PROCESS, PROCESS, PROCESS--without regard to outcomes or effects.

They wear blinders, and they only know what is on their own plate.

This nation is going down because we the American people are willing to choke down and operate as if all these lies are true. It doesn't matter which side of the Aisle you're on; what political party you belong to.

This society is SATANIC: it operates by lies and manipulation.

May God have mercy on us all, somehow.

: ) Chaiyah

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
ok well not so they do see them most they do not report not if they wish to keep their jobs that is why seti is a basterd project if any one goes into that topic off with the head. but astronauts see them and other scienctists see them I have seen them the caveman painted them an the pic looks just like ones from now. the aztec made gold images renaissance painters seen them painted them and what pray tell were the flaming chariots in the bible

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
You are absolutely correct.

But when they show UP, what happens to the influence of the Powers That BE?

Down the toilet.

So, they deny deny deny deny deny . . . down to their last breath.

So, that means we have to keep our eyes peeled and seek what's true. Otherwise, we have no means to survive, because the Gummint is VESTED in telling us WHAT IS NOT TRUE.

: ) Chai

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think we need to make an old point yet again. Just because someone classifies something as a 'UFO' does not mean that aliens from another world are on it; it just means that the object that they see, to THEM, is unidentifiable.

Now, to sit here and make baseless accussations about our government's supposed conspiring to keep this quiet (which I don't totally discount, mind you), is kind of pointless. What I meant by "which I don't totally discount" is that there is SOME evidence to suggest that the government is, in fact, hiding material from us. However, that material is being held under classified rules because they deem the information too important to reveal to the normal public. One must understand that in this new world of terrorism, it's hard to keep anything secret; which is why the government has become so seclusive with it's information. They CANNOT afford for anyone outside to get their hands on it.

Now, I don't like being in the dark either, but I'd just as soon be in the dark than be in the Dark Ages because some terrorist got a hold of one of our prescious secrets, simply because the people made a huge hurrah about it, and made the government give them up, and used it against us.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I saw a show this weekend (scifi channel, I think) , and a skeptic mentioned that its extremly rare for a professional or even amateur astronomer to file a UFO sighting.

Well, if you are looking at a fixed scope of the same sky, from the same vantage point, time after time, chances are actually MORE not less slim, that you'll see anything out of the ordinary. Think of it this way. Imagine two people on a beach. Person A is sitting on the beach, looking at about a 10' section of sand for the entire day. Person B is walking along the beach, looking here and there. Which one is more likely to spot a crab?

how is it people like billy meier have thousands of picture of UFO's if seti and astronomers have nothing ?

Anyone who has more than a few pictures of UFOs should be highly suspect for creating their own...i.e. fakes. As Crakeur said, I too am under the impression that Billy's are in his garage (but thats a whole other thread, hehe...)

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I believe that Astronomers have their professional reputation to think about. Which would be a strong reason to not go public if they see something they can't explain.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Emily/Chaiyah

You made some strong points there!

Can i ask, how you have come to those opinions and what influeninces you ?

The points you are made seem? I dont know - "directed"?

The govenment you see; believe that compartalisation reduces the risk of total knowledge, so people whop claim to know the "Truth" actually have very small pieces of one very large jigsaw puzzle. The rest they claim to know is; merely here say and rumour.

There seems to be a little bit of focus in what you have written.
This is not an attack this me being interested in the points you have made.

You intrigue me now, I want to know what makes you tick!

Regards

Boondog!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Sorry for the double post , issues with this site today!

Regards

Boondog!

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Boon_Dog]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka
I believe that Astronomers have their professional reputation to think about. Which would be a strong reason to not go public if they see something they can't explain.

One astronomer didn't care about that though, he posted on his own site that Roswell was "real" because he'd spoken to several people high up about it.
(forgot to add, the astronomer was Dr Edgar Mitchell)

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Deimos]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"Truth is a shattered mirror strewn, each sherd believing itself the whole."

If you want to know who I am, checkin to www.abidemiracles.com or yahoogroups/abidemir.

Those are my sandboxes to play in.

top topics

join