It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deepening Financial Crisis - Your Savings As Seizable Government Reserve

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

Bring an innate ability to hold off hungry, angry, and very bitter Cyprans all while enjoying a temporary moment of "holiday" in a rapidly crumbling world. When I was in middle school chain wallets and baggy pants were cool and useful so bullys couldn't steal money....I suggest that so when a local middle class dude who needs grocery money for his kids tries to rob and stab you the chances of him swinging and hitting you is decreased the wallet hanging on by the sweet Hot Topic chain is a bonus. Take Pictures!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I've heard that Wells Fargo is moving assets into Goldman Sachs.

I don't exactly know what this means, but the last time I heard about all the tangible assets of entire small businesses being moved like this was back in '08.

Back then ('08) it was other investment firms throwing assets into Fannie and Freddie Mac -- a month or two before they were bailed out.

Perhaps Wells Fargo is about to tank? What better way to take care of toxic investments? Put them into an institution that'll be bailed out!

Anyone know anything about the state of Wells Fargo?

ETA: I had it backwards...it was Wells moving stuff into Sachs sorry!
edit on 18-3-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

We use Wells Fargo for our business and personal accounts. I don't know the state of Wells Fargo, but I do know they won't stop offering all these various new credit cards and loans for us every time I go to the bank. Nothing ever via mail, it's just whenever I go in person to the bank and they bring up my accounts.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
The below is copy and pasted from my post in a similar thread.

All I can say is that "This is It" and it is not a concert tour.
We personally have a good sized "cash stash" and we are expanding it today as I type this.

We are removing assets from various accounts and converting them to cash to add to our mattress.
We hope to add about 15 k and will proceed to liquidate more and more till our accounts are at the minimum they the banks will allow.

Myself and the wife are of the age where our parents lived through the great depression, the number one rule in all the speeches we received was this......now pay attention you young whippersnappers!

During the depression everyone who not only survived it in tact but almost flourished were the ones who had access to cash period.

The common theme of the day then was if your taxes were due and you could not pay them then you lost your home.

You can't pay taxes when there are no banks but you can pay if you sleep on your money.
You can't cash a check/you can't pay bills/you can't access your money/your plastic cards won't work/ you can't buy gas/ you can't buy food/you can't buy medicine/ in a nut shell you go broke and starved even if you have a million dollars in the bank.

There is no difference to this occurrence happening now in Cyprus in that what happened in the "Great Depression.

None zip zero nadda......They did not re-issue the currency during the depression nor are they doing that now....."at least for now"

So the story goes like this......"Cash Is King"
Here in Canada with our bank (TD) the most you can get in one day is $3000.00 without having to make an appointment.

Makes you wonder a bit No? This rule was put into effect about 3 years ago and as far as I can see the only reason is to put the brakes on a Bank run.

I believe that the actions described in this thread are going to result in world wide protest against our very dear friends the "Money Gods" and I hope to hell this stirs the pot up because if it does not we are all doomed.

S&F

Regards, Iwinder

S&F

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Nice post Iwinder and one I concur with wholeheartedly.

They are testing the water on this one, just look at how the markets have reacted. The gains that have been made over the last month or so, have been affected.

This is tantamount to stealing, but once again the Banksters are in a win win situation.

I swear this has been the plan all along. Force people to have wages paid into bank accounts, force people to become reliant on the banking system and then they have you by the short and curlies. They can then dictate what happens with your hard earned money. If you are taxed at source, you pay an additional tax through your savings accounts.

Shame on the Government of Cyprus, if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm friends with quite a few people who understand how this nasty game we live and play by works, and none of them have their assets in cash in any banks. This is smart, and unfortunately not enough people are smart enough.

One day in the future the day will come when people who THINK they are rich will find out the hard way just how poor and helpless they are, and these will be the ones that die first. People who feel safe at night about how much $$$ they have in their savings, checking and IRA accounts are people who usually don't spend much time worrying because they feel that their $$$ gives them the opportunity to not have to worry. Yet, it is these types of people that have no clue how to survive without running water or electricity. The day will come when the dollar will become valueless, and it is that day that many people will wake up and be forced to start caring about things and matters that weren't concern for them before.

They will take your $$$ one day, you can count on that. Put your $$$ elsewhere why there is still time because one day it will be too late. Learn how to grow your own food and learn how to be self sustainable; for that is the only way to even remotely try and guarantee survival when it all does come down.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So, after all this financial crisis, they are taking money away from the people when clearly the huge companies are still rich. They take more and more money from the "poor", but for what?

Seriously, where is all the money going? They always need more money, but where is it going? It's not disappearing! It is somewhere.

So the governments are actually using it, but for what? To repay debt? Yeah ok, but then what? That money in a national bank is useless cause they printed it themselves.

Do they know something we don't?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
the veil has been cast...

This is once again the truth being told...

Yet once again it will not be seen or heard, as it has been foretold...

Bank run on the E.U much?

The greed of man is displayed today....

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Apologies first off I know jack all about the financial business the question I want to ask is .. I'm going on holiday to Cyprus on June 9th what should I expect ? If anything

Oh really, wow, lucky you. What holiday, thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter?
its called vacation to us normal folk, and why would you pick Cyprus of all places?

Let me get this straight.
You are asking someone from England if they are taking a vacation on Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving? England celebrating an American holiday?

In the United States, the modern Thanksgiving holiday tradition is commonly, but not universally, traced to a poorly documented 1621 celebration at Plymouth in present-day Massachusetts. The 1621 Plymouth feast and thanksgiving was prompted by a good harvest. Pilgrims and Puritans who began emigrating from England in the 1620s and 1630s carried the tradition of Days of Fasting and Days of Thanksgiving with them to New England. Several days of Thanksgiving were held in early New England history that have been identified as the "First Thanksgiving", including Pilgrim holidays in Plymouth in 1621 and 1623, and a Puritan holiday in Boston in 1631

and to counter the rest of your ignorance;

A holiday in many parts of the world is a synonym for a vacation or a specific trip for the purpose of recreation or tourism, but in the United States of America, it is considered to be a day designated as having special significance for which individuals, a government, or a religious group have deemed that observance is warranted.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
wasn't this the whole purpose of the Bailout in 08'-09' ??

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

it's not the cash that we need to worry about but the tangible things which we need to invest in.

* precious metals
* tools
* livestock -staple food
* barter items

since the value of paper money will go down, like germany, saving the paper will be pointless since it wont be worth a bit.

During that inflation, the value of the nation's currency, the Papiermark, collapsed from 8.9 per US$1 in 1918 to 4.2 trillion per US$1 by November 1923.

-wikipedia

$4,000,000,000,000 = 1 $

imagine all the money you take out of the bank now becomes as worthless as used TP (toilet paper).
thats why you invest you're money into something that will be of value before it's too late.

my .02 cents

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ss830
reply to post by Imightknow

it's not the cash that we need to worry about but the tangible things which we need to invest in.

* precious metals
* tools
* livestock -staple food
* barter items

since the value of paper money will go down, like germany, saving the paper will be pointless since it wont be worth a bit.

During that inflation, the value of the nation's currency, the Papiermark, collapsed from 8.9 per US$1 in 1918 to 4.2 trillion per US$1 by November 1923.

-wikipedia

$4,000,000,000,000 = 1 $

imagine all the money you take out of the bank now becomes as worthless as used TP (toilet paper).
thats why you invest you're money into something that will be of value before it's too late.

my .02 cents

You are incorrect, this stinks of a depression and that is what we are looking at.

In a depression as long as you have cash you are good, very good actually.
They did not re-issue any currency during the depression they just blocked all means to acquire it if you did not do so beforehand you were more or less screwed big time.

This is just what they are doing right now, Everyone listen to me!!!!!! get your money out of the bank and if it turns out it is toilet paper well then no harm done in trying.

We have over 30 k stashed in our home and that money was earning ZERO interest, so where is it safer? The bank or our stash?

If things don't crash/shut down we can always put it back into the bank but I have to ask why after the last 5 years of good financial news.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
This is a perfect example of why the 2nd amendment in the US needs to be protected.

Unfortunately in Cyprus they do not have much to fight back with;

Private citizens are completely forbidden from owning handguns and rifles in any caliber, even .22 rimfire. Only shotguns are allowed, and these require a license. Shotguns are limited to two rounds.

It's even tough to get yourself a Air Gun there;

Cyprus also controls airguns, and airgun owners require a license

Gun Politics

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)
edit on 3/18/2013 by Sostratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
This of course will be only the thin edge of the wedge. If people leave their money in the banks after this, what is stopping their government doing the same thing next year, and the year after that, until they have got the lot? What is to stop every other government doing the same thing on some pretext or other? Nothing. They are confiscating our money through inflation anyway but this is too slow for the greedy pigs.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
To stress my point in my previous post during the depression if you had the cash you could buy a car for $100.00 and that car was almost brand new and a Cadillac top of the line to boot.

Link below
www.google.ca...

You betcha keep your cash folks.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by Iwinder

Nice post Iwinder and one I concur with wholeheartedly.

They are testing the water on this one, just look at how the markets have reacted. The gains that have been made over the last month or so, have been affected.

This is tantamount to stealing, but once again the Banksters are in a win win situation.

I swear this has been the plan all along. Force people to have wages paid into bank accounts, force people to become reliant on the banking system and then they have you by the short and curlies. They can then dictate what happens with your hard earned money. If you are taxed at source, you pay an additional tax through your savings accounts.

Shame on the Government of Cyprus, if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere.

Thanks and I could not agree more with you on your post.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

We have over 30 k stashed in our home

Can I come over and play hide and seek?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grumpy64
This of course will be only the thin edge of the wedge. If people leave their money in the banks after this, what is stopping their government doing the same thing next year, and the year after that, until they have got the lot? What is to stop every other government doing the same thing on some pretext or other? Nothing. They are confiscating our money through inflation anyway but this is too slow for the greedy pigs.

Right you are, we just paid $7.59 for a bloody regular sized jar of Cheese Wiz of all things, that is the last jar of that crap we are buying.

Not even a year ago it was $2.99 a jar so your inflation idea is spot on.

Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Yes, and this little island, that made it so easy for criminals to launder their money. "Come, all you criminals, give us all your money" Then "BAM! They take it all from under them.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sostratus
This is a perfect example of why the 2nd amendment in the US needs to be protected.
I'll play.

The Banks STOLE 29 Trillion through Bailouts.

You got your Guns Hero, You Got your Targets, Go Get Em.

Ya, I Thought So.

www.ritholtz.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Iwinder

We have over 30 k stashed in our home

Can I come over and play hide and seek?

If the sheet hits the fan then sure you can, we have the room and the money to put up people.
You will need a Passport or more than likely a bullet proof swimming vest if they exist.
You will have to go North young man and when you get here you will need a shovel and map to locate the goods.

Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join