It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning UN NASA britain preparing imminent danger of solar flares CME solar activity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I am sure however if we give the government lots of taxes they will be protect us from this 'threat' just like all the 'green taxes' are saving us from 'man made global warming'.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
If you have an iphone there is a great app called 3DSun. I get regular updates on CME's etc and there is another app Sun Viewer that gives live images of the sun.
There was a large CME hit the Earth on the 17th March 2013. This is the information on the latest CME

Sunspot Number 126

Solar Wind Speed 513.4 km/s

X-ray Solar Flares 6 hr max:B9
24 hr max C2

Planetary K Index Current Kp= 1
24 hr max: Kp= 5.

There have been some fantastic Auroras over nearly a dozen American states a lot further south than usual. Worth checking out. I do not have the links but if someone could get them it would be great.

Credit due to 3D Sun App for the above information.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

Wow! Lots to think about there, in ways I hadn't considered previously. Thanks for the thread!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMOKINGGUN2012
An ELE(Extinction Level Event) Flare/CME has been predicted nearly daily for years. I think when hackers take out the power grid they can then blame it on the sun. I have been watching this lack of cyber security news on TV for years. Why are we wasting trillions in the middle east instead of spending it on cyber security? I think hackers have been catapulted to the top of the list as the highest paid mercenaries on the planet. A powerful laptop is now worse than most ICBM'S on the planet.........

And to add to your comment not only will that happen but we're talking about an economic collapse, civil unrest, and gameday with dhs and maybe you're right blame some hackers for power so they can say "my sun did it "

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
If i remember right it happens around this time frame every year.

When i worked Sat-comm, we'd get bulletins to warn of possible/expected disruptions.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by peaceful1oflove

thankyou man

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
OP, I don't know why I should endured the headache of deciphering your thread... it's unreadable!

P-U-N-C-T-U-A-T-I-O-N... does it ring any bell to you?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I am sorry i mentioned many times in the post my english is not good
but thing is that everyone understand my point i am trying to make here
edit on 18-3-2013 by karam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I had just posted a thread about the terrible reception I've been getting lately and was wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing? My cell phone and satellite TV have both been acting up. Is this a symptom of an impending solar flare? Has anyone else noticed these things or is it just a regional thing for me? I'm in the southern U.S.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
OP, I don't know why I should endured the headache of deciphering your thread... it's unreadable!

P-U-N-C-T-U-A-T-I-O-N... does it ring any bell to you?

Don't you mean 'endure'? not 'endured'?

It's called G-R-A-M-M-A-R

Ring a bell?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

maybe you should use some . and , when you write. I already lost interest after the 2nd line...just a suggestion..

edit on 18-3-2013 by citizenoftheworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
WHY have they not found a way to harvest this energy ?

is it even possible?

Capital B, I, G, OIL.
Is the reason zero R&D has been
spent on renewable resources like
Hydro, Wind and Solar.

I have heard numbers like a million years worth
global power is in one moderate filament burst or
Coronal Mass Ejection.

And about the thread.
um...how well do the rest of you speak and write
a second language?
edit on 18-3-2013 by sealing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by karam

Just a thought for you OP

You say the safest Countries would be the advanced one's such as USA or UK for instance but if power grids were wiped out across the planet these would be the worst effected.

Nuclear power plants only have a 'short battery life' if they have no power/electricity to keep them running they will go critical and explode. They would have maybe 10-20 days to get those plants back-online and if they don't say goodbye North America and Europe. So if that happened I'd rather be in some 3rd world country that was atleast 500 miles away from the nearest Nuclear plant.

Around 200 plants in Europe alone I think

S + F

BTW I can understand your thread perfectly fine OP, shame about the grammer nazi's they always show up from time to time... No need really people like that seldom ever bring anything positive to a thread
edit on 18-3-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sealing

Capital B, I, G, OIL.
Is the reason zero R&D has been
spent on renewable resources like
Hydro, Wind and Solar

exactly right ,sealing

and i might add i can speak fluent gibberish lol

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

is it even possible?

www.hunmagyar.org...

I think its only a matter of time before someone does. A solar shield sounds good in name but is really only a proactive stance like grabbing a bandaid for a hemorrhage.

Imagine what a people could do in a time of absolute peace...

if only

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiro
My friend,

is it even possible?

Research Tesla

he had it all sorted until his funding was stripped from him. The reason being is because the funders could not make money from free energy.

Be safe be well

Spiro

I know mate thats fat cats for you

Be safe be well (i like that)

you too

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
They have long acknowledged that it could happen and we need some sort of preparation/safeguards. There is no suggestion that this is 'imminent'. Of course it could happen today but it might not happen in our lifetime.
The OP needs to change the scaremongering, false subject heading. Or go and work for a tabloid....

edit on 19-3-2013 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Its now 19/03/13 and im still waiting for some form of this supposed solar flare activity to manifest.

Patiently! LoL

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hey all, hows things?

is it even possible?

I think this is possible.
You might remember the 'infamous' UFO (read 'small particles out of focus') footage shot from Nasa STS-75 of the release of the 'Tether'.
The Tether was a 20km long 'antenna', for want of a better word.
If memory serves me well, one of the Tether's jobs was to try and harvest power from the charged outer edges of our atmosphere, the Ionosphere. (?)
I believe that they were actually registering an electrical current before the Tether broke away and floated off into space, which proves the theory that this kind of energy can be harvested.
I hope this helps!
All the best
edit on 28/12/12 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Clarity

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Long time lurker here, pretty sure this is my first post. I just felt it necessary to reply reading through this thread. I was linked here from this thread where the 3 days of darkness prediction for the 21st of March is now predicted.

Now I'm not saying I believe what this Mayan elder is saying after the whole December 21st anti-climax but if you listen to the wording "3 Days of Darkness", maybe that needs a bit of interpretation. It may not literally mean 3 days of night time or 3 days of no sun. It might just mean 3 days without power (darkness). Maybe that's the meaning of 3 days of darkness. When the power grid would be shut of for damage control from solar flares.

I'm just speculating here but I would say it's food for thought...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join