It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PROPAGANDA - 1950's Style! + Technical Terms by Noam Chomsky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
What is Propaganda? And how does the media use it to swindle us. These two videos explain how the technical terms of a word have two meanings, one "dictionary" meaning and a "technical" meaning for the same word, and the technical meaning is..... well, very pro "the agenda."

Anyways I am too tired to be typing and thinking at the same time

Here is the first video its a run down on the techniques of propaganda. It's from the rockin 1950's

Wish I grew up in the 50's man.
Next is Noam Chomsky talking about what I tried explaining in my first two sentences.

Scary stuff! Makes you wonder how many "technical terms" they have right now.
Just wanted to share and have your thoughts on these, also if these have been posted before sorry! I did a quick search and found nothing.

Enjoy!

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Noam is a genius..

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Good videos.

Another good example of this type of wording is "international community." It's used so much in the media. It's dictionary meaning is all peoples, cultures and governments of the world, while its technical meaning is U.S. allies.
edit on 18-3-2013 by lucidclouds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
``Sustainable development`` has been coined by the UN in the 90's and is being used across every government to push Agenda 21, which has been signed by most developped countries in 1991 if I'm correct. A real nice marketable term that can't possibly be a threat... But if you look at the end goals of sustainable development, you can only agree it's used to push a police world state.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

What is “agenda 21”? I am unfamiliar with this, or maybe I am but I’m just drawing a blank at the moment. Could you please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMaybeNot

That's funny because there is very little mention of Agenda 21 as it may relate to sustainable development.

At least, in the mainstream.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
Noam is a genius..

I agree, but there's something wrong with him. I heard his name come up several times in discussion circles that related to exposing truth about US government, so I bought a book that's a compendium of his remarks, stories, articles, whatever. I couldn't get through more than about 1/4 of it because of contradictions.

His stance on JFK, most particularly the short time JFK was president, is contradictory to accepted and researched fact. He seems to want to blame Kennedy, even moreso than other presidents, for things that Kennedy was actually against.

He almost seems like a disinformation agent himself. Maybe that's just me.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by graysquirrel

Agenda 21 is

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent008

I have dial up. It will take about 52 years to down load a video. Could you please give something I can read.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Here are a few links to get you started. Sustainable development is at the core of Agenda 21... enjoy.

en.wikipedia.org...

sustainabledevelopment.un.org...

www.freedomadvocates.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Dail up??????!!!

DUDE time to upgrade! I didn't even know dail up was still around... What country are you in?

join