It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the devil in 'The Bible' look exactly like President Obama?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I think because it's the nature of the TV show producers and directors to make their work personal somewhere.

You remember Michaelangelo Buonarroti and his artworks? He put the people he disliked as faces of evil people in his biblical paintings.

This is TV production companies doing what they do best: twisting the story and using their production as a tool to discolor the real world. It's good to unplug the set and maybe read the actual Bible to think for yourself. It's TV! It's going to skew your perceptions of reality!
edit on 19-3-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They do look kind of similar. I never would have noticed as I haven't seen this show. I prefer the 'Vikings' series, because it's actually based on fact

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
They do have resemblances, if they didn't it would not be a big story.

Anyone get the background on director, the make up artists? maybe we can see if there is any bias.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
**shrug**

Catholics must be putting on this bible program. Makes sense since they invented the scary "satan".. pitchfork, horns, and frightening... when if you read, he was wonderful looking and most favored. Evil in a pretty package is by far more rightening than the crypt keeper satan. We arent ignorant uneducated peasants anymore.. we can handle a beautiful appealing adversary. if in fact they want to illustrate a more insidious personification of evil.

They look similar to me, but there are many differences as well. The actor portraying satan has had many roles in religious programs.. read up on him.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Jesus=white
Satan=black

Any questions for producer Mark Burnett?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by beatbox

lol wth are you talking about, i just stated the fact. Its normal for villains and bad guys to be darker in tones, be it as cartoon or movies... why would i agree with that? or anyone for that matter? its generalization and racist undertones that is accepted by society.

Maybe you should think before you speak?

Oh, really? Then why is it that almost all vampires are, and have been for ages, portrayed as very pale-skinned? VERY pale. In fact, I can't think of a single old movie monster that wasn't portrayed by a white guy, if the appearance was at all human. Where are all of these dark-skinned bad guys? In the old Ten Commandments movie, Pharaoh was a white guy. Both Bluto and Brutus in the old Popeye cartoons were white. Here is a list of the "top 50 movie villains of all time:

link

We have one green, one Asian, a computer, aliens, and the rest are WHITE.

Maybe you should research your claim a bit more before posting it?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

No they are intentionally doing that with the show they air afterwords. It is all in their plan to discredit Christianity. They rub it in our faces who the Anti-Christ will be, then show how all Christians sin anyway. It is a mind game to them.

Stay strong with Jesus and don't fall for their BS!!.

Well, that is certainly another possibility! In any case, I am NOT worried. I know I don't stand alone, and know that He's watching out for me and for all those that believe. Plus, they show their own ignorance if they pretend that Christians claim not to sin. We ALL sin; that's rather the whole point. We wouldn't need a Savor if we were perfect.

Stay strong! We have already won this war. Just a matter of waiting till things are all finished up.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Nose, check, lips, check, eyes, check, eye brows, check, chin, check, expression on face, check.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well the Devil and Obama are both Pro Abortion ,and Pro War ,Pro taking away human Rights ,so they do have a lot in common

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Politics aside, thank you for posting this, it was great for a morning laugh, those pictures side by side are killer!

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Oh, really? Then why is it that almost all vampires are, and have been for ages, portrayed as very pale-skinned? VERY pale. In fact, I can't think of a single old movie monster that wasn't portrayed by a white guy, if the appearance was at all human. Where are all of these dark-skinned bad guys? In the old Ten Commandments movie, Pharaoh was a white guy. Both Bluto and Brutus in the old Popeye cartoons were white. Here is a list of the "top 50 movie villains of all time:

Well yes but the white character villains are usually arch villains or people of power folks like the Brain like in Pinky and the Brain somewhat noble but twisted..

The dark other who is a villain are usually cowardly see any old Tarzan movie he can go to work on an entire tribe of bones in the nose folks without Cheeta and we see them scurrying behind trees, same for old WW2 movies the Japanese are shown as back stabbers of GIs in a foxhole.

Blackxploitation flicks were all about the drug dealer working ultimately for Da Man!or Mr Big!,for he is not even in control of his own villainy.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I heard an interview on this subject yesterday from either the series' director or producer and they said the claims are absurd. That the same actor they cast for the role has played other satan/demon roles previously in his career predating the Obama presidency.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879

Well yes but the white character villains are usually arch villains or people of power folks like the Brain like in Pinky and the Brain somewhat noble but twisted..

Well, never watched that one, so I can't really comment on it. NOT my style of program. Plus, white villains are NOT always super powerful. Some of them are, and some aren't. Some of other colors are, and some aren't. I really haven't seen any anti-non-white trend in villains, in TV or movies. If anything, it's been the opposite.

The dark other who is a villain are usually cowardly see any old Tarzan movie he can go to work on an entire tribe of bones in the nose folks without Cheeta and we see them scurrying behind trees, same for old WW2 movies the Japanese are shown as back stabbers of GIs in a foxhole.

Cheetah was a chimp, and didn't fight ANY bad guys. Many of the locals were friends of his. I grew up watching old Tarzan movies, and the old TV show with Ron Eli. As for the Japanese, they were the enemy in WWII, so making them look bad in war movies was simply par for the course. We did the exact same thing with the Germans. Haven't you ever watched Hogan's Heroes? Those bad guys were all white, and were made out to be total idiots, incompetent, etc.

Blackxploitation flicks were all about the drug dealer working ultimately for Da Man!or Mr Big!,for he is not even in control of his own villainy.
edit on 21-3-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

The movies I have seen that most downplayed blacks were done BY blacks, with mostly black casts. That's the biggest reason I stopped watching most of them. I never could understand why people would insult themselves like that. I did see a pretty good horror flick recently, with a black main cast. It's called "Somebody Help Me", and has black protagonists, and a very white, and seriously SICK, bad guy. They even had some pretty good jokes about how the white characters did all these silly things to end up getting caught, just as they always seem to in the typical horror film. Some of the scenes are pretty gross, but if that doesn't bother you, and you like horror, I would recommend that one.

I have seen plenty of "man in charge" types in the movies and TV that were black, as well as white.

In any case, the devil in that series was silver-skinned, not at all black. Creepy, yeah, but I don't think he looked anything like Obama. Several in my household that didn't know about the controversy, and watched the show (we watched on the Wed. after it first aired), didn't comment at all on any resemblance, and they would have, as they really do NOT like Obama much. All they saw was a creepy guy with silvery skin. I have a few issues with the program, but that isn't one of them!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Cheetah was a chimp, and didn't fight ANY bad guys. Many of the locals were friends of his. I grew up watching old Tarzan movies, and the old TV show with Ron Eli. As for the Japanese, they were the enemy in WWII, so making them look bad in war movies was simply par for the course. We did the exact same thing with the Germans. Haven't you ever watched Hogan's Heroes? Those bad guys were all white, and were made out to be total idiots, incompetent, etc.

Once in awhile Cheetah got to hit someone over the head with a coconut but if you were a black youngster watching reruns of Tarzan the message you take away from that was Africans were cowardly bearers of stuff on their heads who dropped their load as soon as they heard Tarzan bellowing and they always say ungawa in every movie, as far as showing that Nazi's were incompetent idiots that was really the only example,evil sadist,yes but not incompetent.

The movies I have seen that most downplayed blacks were done BY blacks, with mostly black casts. That's the biggest reason I stopped watching most of them. I never could understand why people would insult themselves like that. I did see a pretty good horror flick recently, with a black main cast. It's called "Somebody Help Me", and has black protagonists, and a very white, and seriously SICK, bad guy. They even had some pretty good jokes about how the white characters did all these silly things to end up getting caught, just as they always seem to in the typical horror film. Some of the scenes are pretty gross, but if that doesn't bother you, and you like horror, I would recommend that one.

That is unfortunately true it's like gangster rap,and a wasted era of African American film making take a product that worked once and repeat it over and over again pushing stereotypes instead of breaking them.although there were push back from AA organizations it was supported by the general AA public so hungry to see themselves on the silver screen they accepted that tripe.

If I were to say improvements in Hollywood did not occur that would be wrong,but it's quite telling that sixty-odd yrs after WWII Steven Spielberg claimed he had trouble in raising funds for the movie Red Tails because the main cast were all black Danny Glover also have serious problem raising funds for his period piece based on the Hatian revolutionary hero Toussaint louverture

If the above is such a big boo hoo in some circles today in 2013 will we ever get to see the story of Dr. Lloyd Quarterman who worked with Albert Einstein and Enrico Fermi?? and he was also involved in the the top-secret Manhattan Project, which was aimed at developing an atomic bomb.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
**shrug**

Catholics must be putting on this bible program. Makes sense since they invented the scary "satan".. pitchfork, horns, and frightening...

Some where Pan's teaching his eromenos to toot the flute so to speak....

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Once in awhile Cheetah got to hit someone over the head with a coconut but if you were a black youngster watching reruns of Tarzan the message you take away from that was Africans were cowardly bearers of stuff on their heads who dropped their load as soon as they heard Tarzan bellowing and they always say ungawa in every movie, as far as showing that Nazi's were incompetent idiots that was really the only example,evil sadist,yes but not incompetent.

I can't recall that, but could imagine that she got a blow in now and then. Funny little chimp, in any case. it's been ages since I watched those. The locals, though, I remember in more than one way. Some were pretty friendly, some were dangerous, and yeah, some ran from his bellow. Then again, a LOT of people got scared by that. I would probably be scared, hearing that off in the jungle someplace! The Nazis were pretty much always shown as bad (because, well, as a group they WERE bad), though in reality (unlike in Hogan's Heroes), they were far from incompetent.

That is unfortunately true it's like gangster rap,and a wasted era of African American film making take a product that worked once and repeat it over and over again pushing stereotypes instead of breaking them.although there were push back from AA organizations it was supported by the general AA public so hungry to see themselves on the silver screen they accepted that tripe.

I never did understand the appeal of rap, of ANY sort. Just not my thing. Certainly don't understand the gangster stuff! That isn't an image anyone should want.

If I were to say improvements in Hollywood did not occur that would be wrong,but it's quite telling that sixty-odd yrs after WWII Steven Spielberg claimed he had trouble in raising funds for the movie Red Tails because the main cast were all black Danny Glover also have serious problem raising funds for his period piece based on the Hatian revolutionary hero Toussaint louverture *snip*

Oh, there have been some changes, and we do have some very GOOD actors these days, that are black. Many of the roles are in real quality films, too. We see that on television as well. One of my favorite TV characters is played by Shemar Moore (in Criminal Minds). His character is very deep, and very well portrayed.

From what I have read, a LOT of movies can't seem to get the funding they need. Have to say, something on Haiti could be interesting. That isn't an area most of us would be too familiar with the history, I would guess. Maybe he should do it for a television show, like on the History channel or something. Could be quite interesting!

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join