It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the devil in 'The Bible' look exactly like President Obama?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Personally, I feel this was done on purpose, considering the actor does not resemble President Obama in any way OUT of make up... The article is not in English, but I wanted to show where the pic came from...

Actor in "The Bible"

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I don't know. I guess I see a resemblance, but to me he looks more like what Spock would look like if you freeze-dried him.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I noticed this weeks ago on the very first episode of "The Bible". I've been getting a laugh from that show every Sunday.

I actually paused my TV and pulled up a picture of the president, just to compare.

Well, I guess I wasn't the only one to have thought something was up. It really wouldn't surprise me if this was intentional. Most hard-core Christians hate Obama with a passion. Some even really think he has a hidden Islamic prayer mat.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Not the devil if anything Obama is Moses with his 1 million commandments.

Altho he could be the devil playing on peoples "wants".

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Menrva

WAIT... why does the actor playing the devil is named MOHAMED?

Just joking people...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Slight resemblance.

Personally, I think this is a much better likeness...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

... and why did recently retired Pope Palpatine look like ... oh, wait, yeah, Chancellor Palpatine?

There's coincidental similarities between people all the time.
Sometimes in media this is done intentionally. Other times, not.

the pope looking like palpatine is a coincidence.
someone casting an obama lookalike to play satan is a conscious act.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Menrva

he was painted silver.........several of the arc angels were also of different ethnicities......as well as Sampson portrayed by a black man, and many other characters from many different racial backgrounds........

to the poster in page one

Because it appeals to conservative Christian fundamentalists. There are members of society so deluded they believe Obamas not just a lousy president, but also the bad guy from their bedtime stories

So we can take the social stigma and kindly shove it.......

everyone knows what you guys mean by "Conservative christian base" how fantastic of you to turn something thats not even suppose to come off like that, into actually being offensive yourselves by implying it....

I personally didnt think he looked like Obama at all, not what i would have thought they would have portrayed the devil as, with a black cloak and silver/goldish face.......but whatever......

Im more interested in why they left out all the history behind King Soloman..........who was suppose to be the wisest king that ever ruled and built the temple the first time.......

Much was to be learned from that and a great story......what with a man who was supposed to be able to command demons to do his bidding.......and help build the temple itself.......

Was really disappointed in that!
edit on 18-3-2013 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

Originally posted by Druscilla

... and why did recently retired Pope Palpatine look like ... oh, wait, yeah, Chancellor Palpatine?

There's coincidental similarities between people all the time.
Sometimes in media this is done intentionally. Other times, not.

the pope looking like palpatine is a coincidence.

That one was probably on purpose by someone trying to force opinion, this one was all natural

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Why does the devil in 'The Bible' look exactly like President Obama?

Because he IS the DEVIL!

This pic is more like it...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

It would be cool if there were some connection... like the actor marketing himself as an Obama lookalike.

In any case, the executive producers are loving the free publicity.

Now, to find out if Roma Downey is for some reason not a fan of Obama.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

ahaha my family got a kick out of this one.

Definitely an hilarious coincidence, if nothing else.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
"Why does the devil in 'The Bible' look exactly like President Obama?"

Cause all black people look the same, huh?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

The viewpoint has a lot to do with it. The two men do not favor one another other than the hue of the skin.
The eyes are very different, the lips on the actor are full where Obama has a clear dip, the actors nose is more upturned, the eyebrows are spaced differently. People who see "all black people looking alike" are going to make stronger claims that they look alike due to their own inherent racism

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

ah more proof you didnt even watch it........hes actually not black in the show......he sometimes is shown with a silver face, other times with a goldish silver face.......

but nice stereotype there......i love when people make off hand remarks in an attempt to be ugly, especially when they show their ignorance at the fact that they obviously didnt really look into it

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Well,

The only way I would see Obama being the anti-christ is if he serves 3 and a half terms as president. DOUBT that is going to happen. Obama has not shown the world peace, he has shown the world the opposite of peace. And when the anti-christ comes he will show the world peace like it has never seen before, at first anyway...

The world will not hate the anti-christ, the world will admire and wonder over the anti-christ and he will appear great to most, at first that is...

Now another individual that just came into the mix of things I think would make a better candidate. This individual has come in to the picture with great authority, at an opportune time to lead the world astray, and in the image of "peace".

Whoever the anti-christ is he will be very influential and will perform miracles. What miracles has Obama performed? He can't even save the economy, he has brought more division to US society than since the Vietnam War era.

As for Satan, he is here for sure, but he does not expose himself. He is in immaterial form and his purpose is to tempt mankind. Satan influences everyone, but appears to nobody... before his appointed time or God wills otherwise that is.

If Satan came out in material form and people saw it, they would instantly turn away and worship God.

If God came out in material form and people saw God, they would worship God and turn away from the temptations of Satan.

However, if either were true, there would not be free will now would there?

Even when Christ came he did not come in some inhuman form that likened peoples ideals of what a divine being would look like, he came in the form of a man. It was his actions that were divine, and even this was denied by some who claimed his actions were evil. He did not trample on the idea of free will, it was through faith that people were healed by him.

As for Satan being the most beautiful angel, well, this could be backed by scripture, but so could the idea that Satan can take many forms. It says that during the fall God made Satan hideous. In the Second Book of Adam and Eve, Satan comes in an image similar to that of God and deceives Adam and Eve with temptation for the second time.

Depending on what God wills and what Satan's objectives are, I think its form could be many. Either with form or formless. And if in form, it could appear as a beautiful angel, a being of light, an animal, a terrible hideous beast, or a man. Personally, I think most likely it will be of divine appearances and non-divine actions.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
ah more proof you didnt even watch it........hes actually not black in the show......he sometimes is shown with a silver face, other times with a goldish silver face.......

but nice stereotype there......i love when people make off hand remarks in an attempt to be ugly, especially when they show their ignorance at the fact that they obviously didnt really look into it

So what?

OP was comparing a pic, that was posted. I have no interest in watching the show.

I was attempting to be ugly? I was just pointing out the obvious mate.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beatbox
So they have satan as a person of color but Jesus and Moses are white? Pure comedy....

Not that I believe in this stuff but Jesus was not white, he was from the middle east so he was brown or black. Moses I have no idea where he came from.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Some of you are just racist, and think all people of color look alike. There is no "right wing conspiracy", you are just a racist.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

So what?

OP was comparing a pic, that was posted. I have no interest in watching the show.

I was attempting to be ugly? I was just pointing out the obvious mate.

So your "obvious" opinion is that all black people look alike?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join