It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry Search

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
In my short time here i have probably slandered freemasonry as much as i possibly could. But after some recent events in my life I was thinking maybe i wont know til i join and see it for myself. I still question a lot of what freemasonry does and i still have very high prejudices against it but im thinking I must as well try and see what they are about. So if that were the case I email a lodge by me set up an appointment and I think its the counsel that does a search on me would they search my facebook at all? If that is the case how likely would I to be denied from it i have some anti masonry banners and what not. Like would i be accepted into it even if i have a lot a questions about freemasonry that might offend someone in masonry?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I think you should find out for yourself.Ask and see what they think.
edit on 18-3-2013 by ForwardThinker because: Idiot

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by irishpackerfan68

Do you believe in a Creator or Grand Architect of the universe? Why do you want to be a Mason? Do you know any Brothers? Masons encourage continual learning, what do you hope to find? What has caused your prejudice towards Masons and do you still hold these now? These are the types of questions you will be asked.

Now to answer you...depending on the Lodge you petition, they may or may not look at your facebook; some Lodges preform full background checks. Masons are everywhere and many do not disclose their membership, you may be friends with a couple (I was and had no clue until I joined). The Lodge would first for a group of Brothers to talk with you, possibly come to your home. They will report their findings and you will be notified if you are accepted.

edit on 18-3-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

black balled

I've mulled this option over myself..

doesnt someone have to invite you?

sort of a prescreening ?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
One of my best friends is a lawyer. He's a Free Mason. I asked about joining..It's not quite as simple as that. He was "vague" at best about it. (joining)
..Good luck with that

edit on 18-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

No one will invite you most likely. 2B1A1. You petition asks for signatures of Fellow Brothers, if you are deserving you will get those signatures. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 ...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'm completely confused as to why you want to join...

Go read some mythology, get your hands on some interpretations of ancient texts, then do some abstract thinking and try to see how these stories relate to present day.

If you're having problems, it helps to talk about them with others. But, the last place I would go is a lodge lol. You're seeking help, advice or comfort inside of an institution that is based on doctrines, dogmas, religion and has politics in itself. "Brothers" don't give a %$^ about others in the lodges, it's politics, and you will be thrown under the bus first chance, that is, unless you position yourself correctly.

But hey, in the end of the day... everyone's experiences are different. Joining may be of benefit. I've heard mason's claim their experience was beneficial. I've also heard that after jumping through the hoops, it's clear that it's all just a bunch of crap. Sure the conversations are interesting, and you may gain a different perspective... but in the end of the day we're human; the knowledge of this shouldn't be ascertained through the structures that are these lodges.

Just a slightly educated opinion. I was invited to a lodge once... never went. Many of my family members are masons, so I've pretty much have had access to their literature for a while. Also, many of them have spoken openly about it. Reality isn't the "Life of Pi"(movie reference, I suggest checking it out).

Again, everyone's experience will be different... so I guess, have fun figuring life out lol.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Well, in most jurisdictions you are asked if you join with mercenary motives. How you answer this is up to you.

No, you're not invited.

reply to post by canucks555

It's actually very simple.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

No one will invite you most likely. 2B1A1. You petition asks for signatures of Fellow Brothers, if you are deserving you will get those signatures. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew 7:7 ...

Wow! lol

Besides the 2b1a1 comment, that was exactly what I was going to say!!!!

I decided not to... trying to remove religious references in my conversations, although it fits the context here.

24 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.

28 When Jesus had finished saying these things, the crowds were amazed at his teaching,

Schoolhouse Rock!

en.wikipedia.org...!

Not to change the conversation, but I like sharing this for some reason lol.

Oh, BTW, you want to know the first song produced for Schoolhouse Rock?

Three is A Magic Number
en.wikipedia.org...

R.I.P. David McCall...

Here's a comment from someone else that may illustrate as to why I brought this up.

If they only know the first two lines, it's OK. They are the hook and touchstone throughout the song. Also, the lines that immediately follow are pretty abstract. They seem more like a Freemason riddle than a lesson about multiplication,

Somewhere in the ancient, mystic trinity
Was born a three, and that's a magic number.

The past and the present and the future.
Faith and Hope and Charity,
The heart and the brain and the body
Give you three as a magic number.

everything2.com...

To which I respond:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I disagree Retirednature with a lot of what you said but that could be the case with some Lodges. Someone who is not a member could never know how Brothers treat one another. Brothers are only human and there may be squabbles among them just as siblings would. Some Brother may not give a %$&*^ about you but they are not adhering to the teachings; there is pushing of any belief system only encouragement to expand your knowledge. You are right that he should read up and do some thinking.

Like your Second post though....haven't thought about that song in ages...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
I disagree Retirednature with a lot of what you said but that could be the case with some Lodges. Someone who is not a member could never know how Brothers treat one another. Brothers are only human and there may be squabbles among them just as siblings would. Some Brother may not give a %$&*^ about you but they are not adhering to the teachings; there is pushing of any belief system only encouragement to expand your knowledge. You are right that he should read up and do some thinking.

Like your Second post though....haven't thought about that song in ages...

1. Not a member and could never know:

Lets not speak in extremes here... I'm sure you know as well as I do that sometimes things become less private and secrete as emotions come into play and such.

Press a mason hard enough with questions, interjecting ignorance here and there, press the right buttons... they will tell you everything you want to know. Especially if it's family.

2. Brother's are only human:

This is exactly why I said "Sure the conversations are interesting, and you may gain a different perspective... but in the end of the day we're human; the knowledge of this shouldn't be ascertained through the structures that are these lodges. "

I think that many who wish to be mason are under the false assumption that everything is in order and people agree, that it is free of deceit(tactical deception, whatever you want to call it) and hate, that it's all "Brotherly Love", which is absolutely not the case. It's just a bunch of humans, just like any other place or social structure. So my point is, becoming a mason should not be thought of as a means of escaping ailments of society.

3. Pushing of a belief system:

From everything I've read(masonic literature) I'd say you're right and wrong lol. Granted, the texts from multiple faiths are spoken of, yada yada yada. But! There certainly was an underlying thread of "The Good Book" being the basis for much of the discussion. Although, I could be saying this because most of what I've read was all from the same author (hint((lol)): The author also wrote the official government report in regards to Pearl Harbor).

I've also heard masons admit to being atheist as well, so what does that say lol. In the end of the day, it's all different everywhere you go.

I'm not gonna lie though... I actually learned a lot from the "little"(10 or so 15 page books, and a couple longer ones) that I read.

I just know that pagans rise in the east and that elephants don't like getting molested by blind monks. But the question is, how many heads does the elephant have?

Answer that, and I'd be impressed lol.

"Again, everyone's experience will be different... so I guess, have fun figuring life out lol. "

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Joining for the purposes of gaining alleged proof of whatever nefarious things you have read on the internet will get you nowhere.

Not gonna be joining the Lodge the Rothschild family attends (Yup Free Masons.....)

Researching true history will get you much closer

edit on 18-3-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

You are correct I skipped over the family portion of your post. I am curious what kind of questions would provoke that? Agreed on the second portion. 3. The Good Book? The Bible? My Lodge will allow you to swear in one the scriptures of your choosing, the Bible is only one option. American Lodges were founded around the Bible because that was the book of their time. I think theology in general play a bigger role. Masons admit to being atheists? They either lied (which voids their oaths and should expel them from the Lodge) or they do not know what atheism is...If they are paying their dues and not learning/participating that seems like a waist. As with anything it is situational, a few bad apples can spoil the whole bunch.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
One of my best friends is a lawyer. He's a Free Mason. I asked about joining..It's not quite as simple as that. He was "vague" at best about it. (joining)
..Good luck with that

edit on 18-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

I would dissagree with you, it is just as easy as that ! I cant see why he hasnt invited you to an open night, are you sure he is your friend ?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

To be honest, the conversation started by my suggesting that "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." is practiced with in the brotherhood and that compartmentalization as to particular roles amongst individuals is carried out, all in which is to serve a purpose unknown to the majority of a particular lodge. The conversation, actually originally started by these individuals speaking about conspiracies online about freemasonry hahaha. Something they brought up, not me, randomly I might add.

All I had to do was put into question their strengths and positions with in the lodge... poke the bear a couple times, suggest that they didn't know about something they're a part of. Brought up Alexander Pike... and once I set sail to that ship, they all felt compelled to release the Kraken of truth upon be lol.

End of the day, just a bunch of lions of justice, I like to call them Henry's. I find it most appropriate. If you don't get it, research the reference and the parallels should be obvious.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

I could see how that could bother some, but what were you suggesting? I mean to say the Mason's are conspiering to control the world is like saying (all) politicians are doing the same....some good apples some bad. I am sure that the Brotherhood has been used for less nefarious conspiracies; but that is misuse of the Craft. Albert Pike? What about him?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
Brought up Alexander Pike... and once I set sail to that ship, they all felt compelled to release the Kraken of truth upon be lol.

End of the day, just a bunch of lions of justice, I like to call them Henry's. I find it most appropriate. If you don't get it, research the reference and the parallels should be obvious.

Albert Pike was a very proud mason. He revised the Scottish Rite ritual in the Southern US Jurisdiction. He is the whipping boy of the ignorant who hope that those who listen to them aren't smart enough to check their work. It would be interesting to hear your reasoning for bringing him up.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

Joining for the purposes of gaining alleged proof of whatever nefarious things you have read on the internet will get you nowhere.

Not gonna be joining the Lodge the Rothschild family attends (Yup Free Masons.....)

Researching true history will get you much closer

edit on 18-3-2013 by Mandrakerealmz because: (no reason given)

Which Rothchilds are Freemasons? I had not been able to find any lodge numbers or other proof of that assertion.

We like to keep tabs on who in power are masons since we rule all that is.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

black balled

I've mulled this option over myself..

doesnt someone have to invite you?

sort of a prescreening ?

Nope. You have to ask to join (it isn't even necessary that you need to know someone who's a Mason [I didn't]). There is a degree of pre-screening in the sense that the brethren who sponsor you have to believe you're of good character and want to join for the proper (not mercenary) motives

Fitz

top topics

<<   2 >>

join