It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osho ( Bhagwan Rajneesh) if you live in India,USA, or if you have enough knowledge about this one !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Hellooooooooo

it's my first time participating here!!!!!!!

I just want the largest Number of opinions about the thing - the strange dangerous thing I have in mind now.

have you ever heard about someone called : OSHO or the old name
( Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh)!!!!!????????

he's an indian Guru, spiritual leader or sth ..

I've been reading for him since a year , he creates paradise on earth ( only in your mind ) but now i'm hearing scandals about him ..

I live in syria, I've never been to india (where he lived ) nor USA ( where he lived )
I'm searching the net about him , but I need more information and opinions ..
so

Pleaseeeeeee

tell me everything you can get to about this thing ..

or email me ( [email protected] )

and if you have an experience with his writings BETTER!!!!!!!!
I don't know if I actually LOST or FOUND myself with him ..

thanksssssssss

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I've had a book of his called "My Way" for about two years, but I have yet to read it. From what I remember reading off the back, it sounded somewhat like Pantheism.

What have you been reading?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
This was a big cult in the late 70's or early 80's, I belive it was. He and his followers took over a small town I Oregon I think it was. What I remember: he had many rolls royces, and would bus in street bums from many parts of the country for membership (I think to form a voting bloc). Many of the members were "intellectual" types with no common sense. One of the head people in the cult, a lady (can't remember her name), was notorious and got into trouble for trying to poison people at a salad bar?

The Bagwan eventually got kicked out of the country and died in India. Many of the remaining followers now make camp in Sedona, AZ (known by native Arizonan's as the place the whacko's took over) with all of the other new age groups. I know that because I had to conduct business with one of them. Rich guy, had a big poster of the Bagwan hanging over his indoor swimming pool. They're an odd bunch, for sure. Whatever floats your boat!

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I have some acquaintances who live in the area who are familiar with the exploits of the Swami and his followers.

They had no kind words for any of them, and made it clear that a lot of the evil deeds surrounding them did not find their way into the news.

My sense is that it would be wise not to grant unearned trust to that group.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It's hard to find archived news but here's what i found.

Allegations have arisen in Australia that the sill devoted followers of of a dead guru named Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh are attempting to recruit minor children.

The Rajneesh sect, often called a "cult," was linked to an infamous 1984 criminal case in which salmonella bacteria was used to contaminate a US restaurant's salad bars, 750 fell ill. American authorities later deported Rajneesh on immigration fraud charges. He died in Pune India on January 19, 1990.

www.rickross.com...

And the womans name is/was Anand Sheela now Sheela Birnstiel.

Sheela, now Sheela Birnstiel, is a Swiss citizen and the owner and operator of two nursing homes.

www.rickross.com...

I remember 'Bhagwan' had about 50 Rolls Royces. The Simpsons took the p*** out of them
in an episode where most of Springfield joined "The Movementarians"

Sanc'.
edit:bold added

[edit on 2-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I wouldn't go so far as to call Rajneesh a Guru, everything I have read on him has suggested he is a complete charaltan. He would preach a form of modern ascetism but ride around in fleets of limosines and lived like a god from the financial support of his followings. I didn't know about the criminal misconduct sanctum posted though.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

PORTLAND, Oregon (AP) -- A cult leader of the defunct Rajneesh Ranch in central Oregon pleaded guilty to a charge of conspiracy to murder a U.S. Attorney and was sentenced to a year in jail and a $10,000 fine.

archives.cnn.com...
and

In 1981, Rajneesh went to the United States (fleeing tax evasion charges in India) and bought (for $6m USD) a ranch in Wasco County, Oregon previously known as "The Big Muddy", but later renamed Rajneeshpuram where he settled for several years.

This chapter finally ended in 1985, when Rajneesh was arrested in North Carolina as he allegedly was fleeing the U.S. On October 23, 1985, a federal grand jury in Portland, Oregon had secretly indicted Rajneesh, Sheela, and six others of his followers for immigration crimes. Two days later, a Wasco County grand jury returned indictments against Sheela and two others, charging them with the attempted murder of Swami Devaraj, the Bhagwan's personal doctor. Rajneesh entered an "Alford plea," also called a no-contest plea, and was given a suspended sentence on condition that he leave the country.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh and I said he had about 50 Rolls Royces...sorry, he had 93!

Sanc'.
edit:text bold

[edit on 2-11-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I do not know much, except I know one of his followers, whose our neighbour. I had learned about him from family many years ago, and they told me he was worshipped, and given expensive gifts, like cars, and his own private jet. I was also told he would have his devotees have sex fests, saying that were all brothers and sisters anyway, so it does not matter if they have sex, some sort of twisted logic like this.

His follower, who went there to learn massage in his Ashrams, paid �4000-5000, to do that!, and a few thousand mroe on other things whilst she was there for some 9 months. Now, this was some 20-30 years ago, and �5000 from one person, would have been a huge deal of money in India. I can just imagine, with the cult following he had, of hundresds of people, how much money he was rolling in.

When I asked this neighbour if the allegations of the sex orgies were true, she confirmed it, by supporting it with more twisted logic - "His philosophy was simple, we all think about sex anyway, so have sex with each other, so you can pay attention on your work.

She, is one of the most gullible people you will meet. Not only doe shes have this Rajneesh's photos on her walls, but even the child molesting Sai baba.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thirddensity
I've had a book of his called "My Way" for about two years, but I have yet to read it. From what I remember reading off the back, it sounded somewhat like Pantheism.

What have you been reading?

I actually read so many books , but the most significant one was ( from sex to super consciousness ) and it has really twisted my mind..
it says ( conclusion ) ( if sex was a sin , then there's no sinner more than god in this universe

sex is the coal, Nirvana is the Diamond ,
without the coal , no Diamond ..
you have to have sex, so that you can attain what is higher .. )

and a lot of other stuff in other books like : ( Take is easy , the book of secrets , Only for madmen )

the problem is I'm loving him everyday more and more, and i'm afraid it's all an illusion ........

he DOES create paradise on earth ...

try reading and tell me

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
You guys are going to have stop posting on his ideas of sexual freedom, I'm starting to like this guy...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Osho Zen are my favourite tarot cards.

Is the world turning orange for some people again?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have read the same information about the dude...sounds like an interesting character...
none-the-less, one of his books (big pink one, book of secrets) is pretty cool. (portions of it, but it has some nice zen like qualities to it, which Im into.)

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
You guys are going to have stop posting on his ideas of sexual freedom, I'm starting to like this guy...

That is one of the main reasons he had such a huge following. "A spiritual movement that endorses sex orgies, and has them everyday, boy am I wasting my life here!"

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I lived in central Oregon when the bagwan was there. He caused a bit of turmoil with the locals. The people who came to live in their compound always dressed in red clothing, and really stood out. They seemed like a pretty peaceful, non-threatening group, but the leadersere strange. The bagwan had a fleet of rolls-royce limos that he would ride in so his followers could see him. They would throw rose petals in front of the car.
I remember they stirred up some trouble by poisoning a salad bar in a restaraunt, and they registered a ton of people to vote in the county they were in to try to take over the local government.
When they moved out of the compound, they sold tons and tons of stuff. A friend of mine bought two 24' U-Haul trailer worth of sound gear for $5000.
He got about $40,000 worth of equipment. The sound gear came from a great pavillion where they held dances and parties on Friday night. All of the speaker cabinets were painted white. The equipment was professional grade, very high quality.
All of the people who were left to run the auction were very nice. We spent a full day loading all of the equipment into the trucks to haul away. They were very kind, offering us water, they seemed very conciderate and concerned that we were comfortable.
I don't know if this will help you, but I thought I'd throw in what I know. If you want more info U2U me and I'll reply when I can.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Oh, I remember a book he published about the same time. The title was "Don't just do something, sit there", It struck me as kind of funny. But in the context of meditation it sort of made sense.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
[edit on 11-11-2004 by PeaceLoverYomen]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
so ,
I guess I read enough and collected enough info about the guy ...
it's been weeks of reading , and searching , now I guess I know what I'm gonna do ..

He's just the one .. he is really amazing
no matter what the history would say , but I have to read what he (WROTE) not what was ( WRITTEN) about him ..

and reading him ,its magical .
it would turn your whole life ..

he knows about you more than you do .. I BET ..

besides .. there's just no harm .. he's not a trend or sth ..
you just have to turn to your heart , and feel the beat , the grace!!! nothing more ..

Love you all .. thanks for your help ..

this was my very first participation in the (ATS) and I loved it ..

keep on guys , you are all amazing ..

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
It is funny, how people try to shatter a person, to reject his teachings.
It's a conditioning Osho talks about, how people have been conditioned by society, to cling to misery, be miserable! Enjoy it!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceLoverYomen
Hellooooooooo

it's my first time participating here!!!!!!!

I just want the largest Number of opinions about the thing - the strange dangerous thing I have in mind now.

have you ever heard about someone called : OSHO or the old name
( Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh)!!!!!????????

he's an indian Guru, spiritual leader or sth ..

I've been reading for him since a year , he creates paradise on earth ( only in your mind ) but now i'm hearing scandals about him ..

I live in syria, I've never been to india (where he lived ) nor USA ( where he lived )
I'm searching the net about him , but I need more information and opinions ..
so

Pleaseeeeeee

tell me everything you can get to about this thing ..

or email me ( [email protected] )

and if you have an experience with his writings BETTER!!!!!!!!
I don't know if I actually LOST or FOUND myself with him ..

thanksssssssss

there you go :

www.messagefrommasters.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reading bhagwan in the 70's was to me a revelation there are loads of his books etc available there are vids on youtube he taught people to think freely so he was regarded as a threat. thats why there is so much propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join