It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican Drug Cartel Violence about to spill over into US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok so theres a few stories here that the media has been totally silent about. I caught wind of it today on my way to work I had fox news on and just heard a snippet. At the time they were talking about Reynosa/McAllen, well if you are familiar with the area as am I you know that the only thing separating these two is the border. But it caught my interest because so many details were left out and the mention of McAllen and the Mexican Army. Of course if shots were fired from one side to the other this would be considered an act of war. But after work I looked into it more and thats not the case.

What is interesting though is that the Mexican Army killed 5 gunmen two were women and uncovered an underground tunnel and cache from Reynosa into McAllen loaded chalked full of meth, marijuana and fully automatic weapons. No wonder the media is silent. (crickets)

www.foxnews.com...

The city has been a hotbed of drug cartel activity, but the prosecutors' office did not say whether the dead appeared to belong to a drug gang.
Each of the five had a rifle. They were traveling in a pickup truck when the confrontation occurred.
Women have been increasingly drawn into Mexico's drug war, but usually as couriers or in money laundering.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Mexican federal police say they have seized more than nine tons of marijuana, 370 pounds (168 kilograms) of crystal meth and a large cache of weapons this week in a northern border city caught in a bloody turf war between two drug cartels.
A Friday statement says a citizen's complaint led officers to two underground warehouses near a highway that links Monterrey with Reynosa, a city across the border from McAllen, Texas.
Police found five tons of marijuana and the crystal meth in one warehouse and 20 automatic rifles, thousands of bullets, 10 bulletproof vests, 20 uniforms, radios and tire spikes in the other.
Authorities didn't say where the other four tons of marijuana were found or what drug cartel owned the weapons and drugs.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

But wait there is even more.

Last week there were four trucks filled with dead bodies after a cartel firefight.

www.themonitor.com...

During the protracted gunbattle, dozens of gunmen were killed, but authorities Monday would only confirm the deaths of two bystanders and the injury of a third.
A Tamaulipas law enforcement official, who asked to not be named citing security reasons, confirmed that the death toll was about three dozen, however the exact figures were not known because cartel gunmen picked up their own people’s bodies during the struggle.
In a news release, the Tamaulipas Attorney General’s Office, known as the PGJE, confirmed that the two slain bystanders were a taxi driver and a teenager who was riding a vehicle with his father. The release confirms one person was injured and seven gunmen arrested, and it states that authorities seized 22 vehicles that were used in the melee, but it doesn’t mention any gunmen dying.
The Tamaulipas law enforcement agent called the new release issued by his superiors an insult to common sense.
“There were four trucks filled with bodies that (members of organized crime) picked up,” the official said. “That is not counting the (bodies) that were left behind.”

Wow.

Whats going on down there, besides the obvious?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I live in the area nearby mcallen.
I got a buddy that goes every weekend across the border to see his gf and he didnt go this weekend due to the shootout that hapenned a few days before.

He explained to me pretty much what was going on but I cant say much .

Things are just gonna start getting worse in my opinion.

edit on 18-3-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Let's just continue to to aid Mexico in fighting the "war on drugs" and hope that the cartels magically disappear.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I agree, it won't be long before these gunmen start riding shotgun on their shipments all the way into the US. Another reason I got the hell out of California and as far away from the US / Mexican boarder as I could get. I'll be watching that war from a distance.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The CARTELS WILL REALLY COME ON STRONG AFTER THE COLLAPSE, THEY MAY EVEN BE THE NEW REASON TO DECLARE MATIAL LAW??

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

It's so saddening to learn of all these people dying. To think that all those efforts of killing are in place... all to get a piece of American wealth. What makes it worse, is that legalizing drugs in the U.S. could likely put a large dent into the successes of cartels.

It's horrible to think that a war on drugs is acceptable, as long as the large portion of deaths in the war on drugs stay out of U.S. borders. Think about that... the war on drugs is OK to have a chance of keeping our U.S. citizens off drugs... all to come at the cost of a guarantee that Mexicans will definitely kill each other to get a piece of the money from drugs. All the while, the war on drugs keeps the prices of drugs at a high cost.

Laws of government are so hurtful to humanity. It's clear that laws are made to increase profits... not to increase the humanity in people.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Reply to post by txinfidel

Well . . . technically you have Hidalgo separating Reynosa and McAllen.

Might just be a blue and gold Pirate speed bump, but it is there. lol

Good to see some RGV peeps on here.

I got nothing across the border save for Los Indios, and a bit more land separating us from them . . . but I feel for the people in Hidalgo County.

Starr County . . . meh.

lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Reply to post by ElOmen

How long ago was it that bullets hit UTB/TSC?

And that was just a blip in the news.

I agree that it will get worse.

I am prepared for both fight and flight.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
I live in the area nearby mcallen.
I got a buddy that goes every weekend across the border to see his gf and he didnt go this weekend due to the shootout that hapenned a few days before.

He explained to me pretty much what was going on but I cant say much .

Things are just gonna start getting worse in my opinion.

edit on 18-3-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

"He explained to me pretty much what was going on but I cant say much " yeah right!

What could you have that's so secret on a website like ATS thats trying to expose stuff.. .

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Or better yet, let's just keep sending them guns and act all the while like that's not what we are doing at all..

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I live on this nake of the woods. It's a fast problem quickly getting out of control!
Spill over violence is here & here to stay. Sometimes daily reports of home invasions
Kidnapping,vehicles hyjacked,drive-by-shootings,& other criminal behavior.
The worst fear is our law enforcement agencies & politicians involved to some degree.
When anything(politicians&leos) goes wrong in their area of illegal activity; it will
start trickling down to the street level.
Yep,maybe it is better not to report all the killings from our southern neighbor.
Lots of people in the KNOW HOW,maybe want it quite not to alarm anyone.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by txinfidel

You haven't been paying attention to Arizona.

A Headless Body in Arizona, More Severed Heads in Mexico Link

On January 9, more gruesome details about the crime were revealed by Tucson’s KOLD-TV, Channel 13 News:

Not only was the victim decapitated, but he was missing his hands and feet as well. Somebody either wanted to send a message or make it very difficult to identify this person. Authorities and the public are concerned about both.

4 home invasions in 2 days in Tucson, all tied to drug smuggling LINK

Tucson woman, 87, killed in home invasion Source

Kidnappings, Home Invasions Sparked Ariz. Law Source

The frustration had been building for years in Arizona with every drug-related kidnapping, every home invasion, every "safe house" discovered crammed with illegal immigrants from Mexico.

Fatal Arizona Home Invasion Sparks Fears of Mexican Military Involvement Story

Phoenix Law Enforcement Association President Mark Spencer said the men involved were hired by drug cartels to carry out home invasions and assassinations.

The Mexican drug cartels have been operating in AZ for years.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
this is old news

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
the US government runs the drugs over there hahaha

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Huh, if i was still interested in law enforcement i would join the border patrol. but, iam out of shape now and i don't see the American people as deserving of any sacrifice from me.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
out of the border states only two of the four are ready for the drug cartels.

Kalif has almost no protection due to there gun laws.

Arizona and Texas are armed to the teeth and have gun laws that let the public protect themselves.

In both Texas and Arizona a sheriff could call for volunteers and have a very large army within hours if need.
many would be veterans that were trained in Iraq and Afghanistan.

in Kalif the cops would get there a** blown off as they would never call for volunteers and expect anyone with any usable guns.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
the violence will get worse. there is now a drug bubble similar to the housing bubble, people don't have enough money for drugs anymore so paying back on big shipments will be seriously impaired causing more crime to get the money to pay back debts and more cartels killing people that cant pay back debts. the cartel people are so drugged out of their minds they do not care anymore and will kill anyone that gets in their way.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by conspiracy nut

Mexican drug cartel invasion and the democrats (especially in Kalifornia) want to disarm the american populace.

Who wants to destroy the USA from within? Maybe the satan obozo wasn't just a mistake.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Why can't we just tie frankenstien, obozo, holder, boxer and the rest of them to a pole, with a large amount of cash beside them, and let them experience the "hard working mexicans" in action for themselves?

new topics

join