It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Scorpion sting, Miracle cure?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Before I even begin let me preface this story by saying that I had watched a show before i got stung, It was about some crazy religious snake handlers and one got bit, his mouth went numb and he almost died.
On a recent surf trip to Costa Rica I was stung by a scorpion, heres my story. I visit central america quite often to surf and enjoy all of the other good stuff. A year prior to the sting I had stayed at a creepy hotel on a hill kinda secluded and there were tons of cool people my age hanging around. Well this trip, I got to the same place and there was no one there. I was alone and was actually getting depressed because this girl I met the year before was no longer living there, the hotel had new owners, it cost twice as much, so I was bummed. I had been alone for days before getting to the hotel, this trip was a remote area trip,on purpose, so I was feeling really weird and once again, lonely.
So it was about midnight, only person in any of the cabins,I walked outside to look at the stars and my big toe starting burning just like a wasp sting, so I stomped around and was like OUCH ! The pain lasted about 30 seconds at the tip of my toe. There was no blood or evidence of any sting. So I got kinda curious as to what stung me. I grabbed a flashlight and went to investigate. There was a dead scorpion covered in ants, apparently I stomped it accidentally, it was dark so I couldnt see what stung me. I went inside and actually forgot about it really, until about 10 minutes later my mouth went numb. Ofcourse i remembered the hilbillies mouth going numb and he was in critical condition, so naturally I freaked. Thing was, I felt like a million bucks . So I got in the rental jeep and headed out to find someone, anyone to ask if I need to go to the hospital. Of all people, a guy from back home that owns a pawn shop was walking down the road with his girl, they told me its cool because a kid that actually was riding his bike past at that moment had been stung 8 times and he was fine so that was a releif. Although I felt so good i didnt even care.
I went straight back to the room. Every pain, every bad feeling I had, had disappeared in no time. My sore neck from the long drive and pain from having 2 bulging disks , my being bummed out, completely gone. Not only gone, I was happy, like REALLY happy. I didnt have any internet service or anything, I just knew there was something good about that sting. So I layed down on the bed ,smiling, and closed my eyes and started having these insane visuals with my eyes closed. I walked down the hill to the beach , looked at the amazingly clear sky and was , "content" I guess was the only wway to describe it, but better. Later while going to sleep, i had the most insane dreams, not bad but very visual. I was in a very blissful state indeed.
The next day i felt wonderful. I got up, went straight out to surf and actually surfed better that day than the whole trip. I told everyone in the water about getting stung and it being awesome, they were all ears.
The pain free, happiness buzz wore off after about 72 hours, but slowly. Then back to surfing like crap and neck pain. Im not supposed to talk about drug use but the only way I could describe the feeling is like this, combine the good feeling that coc aine gives a person without the withdrawal and other negative aspects, with a little ecstacy and some pain pharmaceuticals ,without the addiction and withdrawal and thats what you have, the sting was the best drug i have ever had (from what i remember in my younger years).
Finally back to some internet I researched the venom from this particular scorpiuon and theres some good stuff in there. Like neurotoxin and serotonin. What more can ya ask for ? Now it makes perfect sense to me, I wasnt crazy, the stuff works.
Last thing, DO NOT purposely sting yourself, there are many different kinds that will kill you or put you in a coma. Fortunately for me I got lucky, really lucky, I got the one that had serotonin and neurotoxin. I will definately be seeking out a scorpion on the next trip though. All I can say about the sting is it was the best. Miracle drug if you ask me.

edit on 17-3-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2013 by jazztrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sounds like you got an Endorphine high.

Any of a group of peptide substances secreted by the anterior portion of the pituitary gland that inhibit the perception of painful stimuli. Endorphins act as neurotransmitters in the pain pathways of the brain and spinal cord. Narcotic drugs may stimulate the secretion of endorphins.

Endorphine

Maybe the toxin from the sting acted similar to a narcotic drug and stimulated the Endorphin secretions and made the feeling of euphoria last longer than it normally should?
edit on 17-3-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jazztrance

I have images of you approaching shady characters on street corners and asking if they have any scorpions.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thats is pretty amazing I could use a few stings right about now... the weather in my area
has every bone in my body aching! Can you tell me if it was a black scorpion?
A few years ago a friend of mine was traveling back from a vacation from somewhere in South America
can't remember exactly where, but she and her husband were on the plane
coming home during the flight she got chilly so she slipped on her jacket and 2 seconds later she was screaming in pain she was stung by a black scorpion that was inside the sleeve of the jacket, it stung her in 3 times.
Needless to say she was freaking out thinking she was going to die till someone in the next row of seats told
her not to worry normally that species sting is like a mosquito bite and sure enough he was right she said shes had worse annoying mosquito bites that stayed longer!
She arrived home she did feel great and incredibley relaxed so unnormal for her and never went through the needing "a vacation from her vacation feeling" if you know what I mean..... WOW bottle it up I'd pay a pretty penny for some

top topics

join