It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes turn water into gold.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I was bored and looking at different websites, came across a pretty interesting article that I thought I would share with the ATS community.

Earthquakes have the Midas touch, a new study claims.

Water in faults vaporizes during an earthquake, depositing gold, according to a model published in the March 17 issue of the journal Nature Geoscience. The model provides a quantitative mechanism for the link between gold and quartz seen in many of the world's gold deposits, said Dion Weatherley, a geophysicist at the University of Queensland in Australia and lead author of the study.

When an earthquake strikes, it moves along a rupture in the ground — a fracture called a fault. Big faults can have many small fractures along their length, connected by jogs that appear as rectangular voids. Water often lubricates faults, filling in fractures and jogs.

Source

Some pretty interesting stuff right there. Enjoy.

-SAP-

edit on 17-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It is interesting because I've always heard the area near where I live has gold and it does in fact exist on a fault line.

Now all we need is some sleazy corporation trying to mine fault lines for Gold.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Could be an explanation to the "manmade earthquakes" ie HAARP, i mean gold is the precious metal egyptians were slaved to mine, maybe its gold harvesting time..again..

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by grindhouzer

I can't say for sure if HAARP is real or not, I don't know where I stand on that one, but IF it is real then watch out. Quakes will be goin' off like crazy. Get out the drills and shovels.

-SAP-
edit on 18-3-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
It is interesting because I've always heard the area near where I live has gold and it does in fact exist on a fault line.

Now all we need is some sleazy corporation trying to mine fault lines for Gold.

Or creating earthquakes to create gold?
It could happen.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Earthquake turn water into tusnami

top topics

join