It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I deal with all my families problems?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is a rant about all my families problems that again tonight is blowing up in our house. I feel like I'm going insane because I cannot believe I'm related to all these people. But I need to get this off my chest and to look for support. My family is really mass. Both my brothers (Paul and Peter) are drug addicts and my parents are too nice and not strict or serious enough. For years so many problems that keep coming that I wonder if my family is truly crazy. Paul "supposedly" has two children(Lexi and Chandler with his so called girlfriend (Stephanie) who is a terrible drug addict. Both my brothers are bed drug addicts and are terrible at be responsible adults. They focus way too much on drugs. Which results in pointless drama which causes fights and legal battles. This isn't just something recent either. This has been happening for years now. Paul has no real responsibility with being a mature adult. He's bad at managing money, drugs come first before anything, he doesn't care about being used by Stephanie and his children are destined for terrible lives as adults. My parents are used by them for money, shelter, etc. I cannot express how many times they messed up. My whole body is literally shaking. It's just so insane I cannot believe I'm in this position. What can I do! I have nothing and everyone is clashing daily.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Have you spoken to God about it?

He's much better at dealing with problems than any one else I know...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Well I'm an atheist and would see that as talking to myself than talking to someone else. I want to find a solution to the problems and talks to others to gather ideas. It's frustrating. I have no one to talk to. My parents don't like me be serious and wanting to solve the problems and none of my friends ever contact me. It's lonely dealing with these problems as am individual.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Some people have it way worse trust me on this.

Just remember that.
edit on 17-3-2013 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

I wouldn't doubt people have all kinds of problems. But that doesn't help me. I want to finally solve these issues than just think happy thoughts.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

It's hard to offer suggestions when we know nothing about you. How old are you? Are you old enough to get the hell out of that environment? Your responsibility is to yourself. What good does it do you or society if these people drag you down to their level?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ask yourself,did you cause those problems,are you responsible for that?

Sounds like your best avenue would be to escape all that by all means,if possible.

If you can't help them,help yourself.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
It's actually quite simple. They want you to expend mental time thinking about Them. "The problem" .."Your problem"..Everyone's problem...Whatever... Their game is for you to do exactly what you are doing. Expend your time and energy on thinking about "The problem" "Your problem" "whatever" . ..which (consequently) you shouldn't give two ^%^%$ about.
-problem solved

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

It's hard to offer suggestions when we know nothing about you. How old are you? Are you old enough to get the hell out of that environment? Your responsibility is to yourself. What good does it do you or society if these people drag you down to their level?

I'm 24 and a legal adult. But having limited funds and no where to go limits me to stay here were all the problems happen.

link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
Well I'm an atheist and would see that as talking to myself than talking to someone else. I want to find a solution to the problems and talks to others to gather ideas. It's frustrating. I have no one to talk to. My parents don't like me be serious and wanting to solve the problems and none of my friends ever contact me. It's lonely dealing with these problems as am individual.

I understand...

I wasn't trying to make light of your situation.

It's just that prayer IS the solution to your problems.

Which is really the only reason I brought it up.

I have no one to talk to.

YES you do.

God LISTENS to atheists.

I am living proof of that fact.

One of the biggest mistakes some of us make in life is trying to fix what ONLY God can.

Is God Hearing Your Prayers?

link   
reply to post by kdog1982

No, I didn't cause the problems. But I want to get outta here and just talk to someone to calm me down.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

True. I think it's best to join a gym. Where I can exercise instead constantly think about these issues.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Well I will watch the video you linked. I have been thinking about visiting my friend's church when he's out of the hospital again (long story). It will give me something to do instead of being in a bad environment.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Are you kidding me?...

God is not going to help this kid.

I feel your pain.

Some of my family is insane and I can't believe I'm related either.

I hope things get better for you.
edit on 17-3-2013 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Thanks. Well I know the user is trying to help. But I doubt I'll find God. He did made me think of going to church just to get out more. It's better than being my house most of day with pointless drama.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

1) Find a source of income/job.

2) Learn quickly how to live affordable, making meals on the cheap, thrift store clothes, etc.

3) Get a studio apartment and get the hell out of there.

4) Be honest with your family members concerning how serious you feel their problems are. Advise them accordingly/as respectfully as warranted. Then go about living YOUR life, reaching YOUR potential, and finding the happiness and peace you have as much of a right to as everyone else.

Failure to do this will make you dependent on your family's poor choices. You will be dragged through the mud in life/held back/possibly have a lot of the best years of your life completely tainted by them. They may need to hit rock bottom on their own to learn their own lessons. Why should you pay the price?

link   

Gym, hobbies, whatever.
...But it's not just doing those different things. Whether you're buttering toast or raking the leaves..going to the gym.. It's about "Thinking Less About It" and if you are forced to do that, To think about it.. then its about "Thinking About it in a positive way.. That puts you not necessarily on top of the situation, but in a place where you can think of it as a "non-problem" in your life

edit on 17-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Originally posted by jiggerj

I'm 24 and a legal adult. But having limited funds and no where to go limits me to stay here were all the problems happen.

You write clearly enough so you are intelligent. Are you healthy enough to join the service? Join the army or the navy or the Coast Guard. Do anything you can to get away. The environment you're living in is so low that no matter what you do can be considered a step up in life. Get away and don't ever look back. This is your ONE life. Don't let others ruin it for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AkumaStreak

Thanks for the reply. I figure that is best option for me now. I can get a small apartment where my friend Jeremy lives and it has a gym and two pools. Which is awesome. I can find work and live simple. Thanks again for that message. I'll consider this.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I have complimented on joining the military. However I have to make sure what I need to get in order to enlist. But I agree and thanks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join