It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece's Collapse [Cyprus]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Maybe this is the edge of the roller coaster....if so hang on tight, its gonna be a helluva ride.....
The situation will be moving swifter than thought once the cats out of the bag ....i plan to suck my account dry this week......

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Why would they out right steal? They have tried to push things into a collapse but everyone is so apathetic it did not work.
That is how sad we are in this world today.

They have to out right steal before people say enough is enough. I bet this might not even cause the collapse people will probably just complain for a few days.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
This is how it will play out.

The banks start taking peoples savings.

The UK poops there pants and votes to leave the EU

UK then starts to take the rights of the people away as we are no longer under EU rules.

This is all planned.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by judus
This is how it will play out.

The banks start taking peoples savings.

The UK poops there pants and votes to leave the EU

UK then starts to take the rights of the people away as we are no longer under EU rules.

This is all planned.

I think we were relatively more "free" before we were in the UK

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
This is Cyprus, not Greece, believe me you do not want to get those two mixed up
they don't share a friendly history.
Monday is a bank holiday in Cyprus, im not too certain if it is in any other country, but this will hit them hard.
Cyprus used to be seen as a sort of tax haven for the public (not as good and Luxenburg, but thats more for business) that had an attractive 3% interest rate (as apposed to the UK's 0.5%, and many of the EU countries floating around the bottom) so many people started saving their money in countries such as Cyprus.
However, now this has happened, everyone will suck out all their savings. But that wont be the end of it, once everyone has seen this done, no one will trust any other tax haven or attractive (financialy speaking) countries to save in. More money will leave Europe out of fear of it repeating, which will, ironicaly, cause it to happen again to another country.
Luckly for Greece, not many have money saved there, so it wont happen there. Germany are ok, until the end anyway. Once Germany has a bank run or a panic, then the whole lot will go down.
The high risk countries, for now, will be the smaller countries. The countries where people save their money to escape the risks from Italy and Spain.
I guess we will find out where the money will go on Tuesday, but i doubt the money will stay in one place for long.

Cyprus and Greece don;t share a friendly history? Cyprus has been protected by Greece since always... maybe you mix the INVASION of the turkish army in 1974 that cut the island in half. But that other half (north cyprus) is illegaly possesed by turkish forces.... just to clarify cause people seem to be mixed with this whole thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
German here, the aid package from Germany to Cyprus isn't 100% sure yet either, since some parties in the German Bundestag want some other things implemented such as the guaranteed closing of tax loopholes in Cyprus.

This could spark a chain reaction in all the affected countries in the Eurozone, such as Italy, Spain, Ireland, Portugal & Greece. More and more politicians in Europe state that they think this could turn into a new war in Europe, the last who said it was Luxembourg's Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker, he said that the situation atm reflects 1913 almost exactly.

As a German I ask myself if all this is worth it. All of this sparks hatred towards Germany so much and we had to regain the trust of the other countries in all those years. But on the other hand I have to think 'why don't these countries get their # together on their own?'.

The Euro is done, end of story. Germans can't stand the talk about the saving of the Euro anymore, most of us want to leave the Eurozone asap. This expropriation will light the fire and soon all the people of the EU-countries will run to the banks and try to get their money out. Don't underestimate the psychological effect something like this can have. This is a "state of emergency law", nobody can trust our banks anymore. In March 2013 history has been written.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I have a bad feeling this will lead to a worldwide run on the banks, who is going
to risk saving in a bank if it can simply be taken, this will of course force
a move to either all digital based currency or laws that prevent you
from removing your money from the banks because we all know they
are "Too big to fail".

I really don't understand how anyone was convinced that a company
can be too big to fail, if they fail it means they are running the business
wrong and cannot be trusted to continue, not that they should be
given chance after chance only to take more and more......
edit on 18-3-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerschmetterling

Please correct me if I am wrong, but if my memory serves me right, it was the German politicians who wanted to join the Euro, the Bundersbank were dead set against it. I remember thinking at the time, as the Bundersbank was an incredibly powerful bank at the time....listen to the bank you idiots!
Sorry to go sort of 'off topic' a bit....

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alda1981

Cypriot–Greek relations are foreign relations between Cyprus and Greece. Cyprus has an embassy in Athens and a consulate-general in Thessaloniki. Greece has an embassy in Nicosia. Both countries are full members of the European Union, Council of Europe and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). Relations between the two countries are extremely close, owing to a shared ethnicity, religion, and language between the Greek majority in Cyprus and the Greeks of Greece. Large numbers of Greek Cypriots view Greece as the "mother country," despite the fact that Cyprus and Greece are two separate states.

This is an IMF test case for sure and if little resistance is put up, then I'm sure it will go EU wide. This is the writing on the wall. Waiting to see if bank runs start on Tuesday in the EU.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
welll....now the banksystem are closed....but as soon the Cyprus banks are getting open again ...i'll bet most of the saving accounts will be closed...cousing an infarct for the banks.....who will need much moore money to survive...

the chain reaction will start then....

old principle....if you offer an finger...they grab youre hand....
edit on 18-3-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Well I'm going to buy myself a door and find a corner to put it up in and hide behind it.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is just blatant embezzlement. And now they close the banks while they conspire to change the rules to allow them to get away with it.

Who will trust any bank after this?

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Do we really need yet another cyprus levy thread? Especially one that thinks cyprus is part of Greece.

Theres been a number already and they were timely rather than being 2 days after it kicked off on saturday lunchtime in europe.

And those threads aren't erroneously about greece either.
edit on 18-3-2013 by merkins because: Typos

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Could you provide links please, as this was the only one I could find...ta very muchly.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As this is really about the situation in Cyprus, and not Greece, please note:
This has been posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join