It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greece's Collapse [Cyprus]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The Eurozone has ordered Greece to take 10% of all money held in their banks. This is possibly the beginning of the currency collapse of the Euro and the Dollar. I am not one for doomsday prophesies; but, this is a reality. In addition, Greece is going to have a bank holiday to prevent people from removing their money. I want people to understand how this may all go down.

A few months back, the Federal Reserve lent the Eurozone a trillion dollars and in exchange they received a trillion dollars in Euros as security. Within the last two weeks, England agreed to trade in the Chinese currency. Basically, the world has already stopped using the Dollar as the reserve currency. If Greece defaults on their debt there will be a domino effect and all the currencies will collapse.

The International Monetary Fund has anticipating this collapse. Here is a link to their own website. IMF - The Chicago Plan Revisited. Basically, their plan is to hyperinflate all the currencies at the same time, pay off all international debt and then deflate the currencies and regulate the value of all currencies based on a nations Gross Domestic Product. We will not go to a gold standard, it will however be asset based currencies.
edit on Sun Mar 17 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Isn't it the country of Cyprus? It is a separate country.

Apparently, they tried to do this in Greece last year and were met with extreme resistance, so they backed off.

As far as collapse, it will happen to the EU eventually. How it will happen is the difference between dominoes free-falling, and a controlled collapse.

Then, the USA.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I have spent a lot of time watching the markets and looking for warning signs.
This is the major news that I was looking for. It won't be a matter of weeks or months now. It will be a matter
Of days before we see this type of news hitting our banks. First Cyprus, now Greece. Soon Italy and Spain will follow and by then it will be a worldwide epidemic. Everyone is worried about other things like NK and Iran,
Meteors and earthquakes while this is secretly slipping through.

Won't be long now

ETA: Is there any news links that is showing this yet? I will begin my search now
edit on 17-3-2013 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Yeah i thought it was just Cyprus that's getting the 10% EU aproved robbery. Will be interesting as it's a Russian gangsters favourite cash harbour. Only on accounts with more than 100k so the skint won't get hit.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Fiat money is somewhat workable when based upon domestic production less depreciated assets. It is highly functional when capitalism is removed from the equation. Capitalism is a destabilizing force in the distribution of assets and production because when money generates money, it pools resources in inefficient clusters.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
This is Cyprus, not Greece, believe me you do not want to get those two mixed up
they don't share a friendly history.
Monday is a bank holiday in Cyprus, im not too certain if it is in any other country, but this will hit them hard.
Cyprus used to be seen as a sort of tax haven for the public (not as good and Luxenburg, but thats more for business) that had an attractive 3% interest rate (as apposed to the UK's 0.5%, and many of the EU countries floating around the bottom) so many people started saving their money in countries such as Cyprus.
However, now this has happened, everyone will suck out all their savings. But that wont be the end of it, once everyone has seen this done, no one will trust any other tax haven or attractive (financialy speaking) countries to save in. More money will leave Europe out of fear of it repeating, which will, ironicaly, cause it to happen again to another country.
Luckly for Greece, not many have money saved there, so it wont happen there. Germany are ok, until the end anyway. Once Germany has a bank run or a panic, then the whole lot will go down.
The high risk countries, for now, will be the smaller countries. The countries where people save their money to escape the risks from Italy and Spain.
I guess we will find out where the money will go on Tuesday, but i doubt the money will stay in one place for long.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Flyzoid

Dear Flyzoid,

Asian and Australian markets are already falling.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Dear Trollooks,

I think there is a possibility that we will see bank runs throughout Europe. And it is Cyprus, my bad. I cannot imagine waking up and being told that 10% of all my money had just been taken. I expect rioting in the streets. I have never seen anything quite like this. It is surreal. I am going to go read the European papers to see what they are saying.

edit on 17-3-2013 by AQuestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Cyprian Banks extend Bank Holiday Weekend - They clearly know whats coming once those doors open!

TextOf course it's a holiday weekend and banks are closed on Monday, preventing a panicked bank run. It is now being reported that the Cypriot cabinet has extended the bank holiday into Tuesday and possibly Wednesday in an effort to calm the growing unrest. Electronic transfers have also been halted in order to prevent capital flight. EU banksters really know how to pull off a heist. Reuters reports:

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Yes and Dow futures are falling, we shall see what happens overnight.

On that note, the sooner we have this worldwide collapse, the sooner we can really fix the system. From the inside out. It is going to hurt, but it won't be forever.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Dear Fission Surplus,

Yes Cyprus. Here is an interesting article showing how it is even effecting English banks. This is amazing. Mail Online - The great EU bank robbery: British taxpayers to bail out victims of outrageous raid Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

The article says that the chief of the Eurozone has said they may do this in other countries. I expect the Greeks, Italians and Spanish to all empty out their bank accounts.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Asset based currencies are the only currency ultra rich even deal in. They trade properties all the time.

The ones who end up screwed in this, the middle class WORKERS.

America will never run its banks. Digital currency will save a lot of panic in time. But the money wont be worth as much, and it will be become evident when we see prices double in a matter of weeks. (gasoline,milk,bread, DOUBLED)
edit on 3/17/2013 by truthinfact because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Dear FissionSurplus,

Apparently the Germans are the ones that demanded this action. I would like to be a German living in Cyprus right now. This alone could break up the Euro.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Now that Cyprus has done it with relative ease and minimal public disorder it sets the tone for other countries.

The banking cartel implements these things in small dribs and drabs to gauge public perception. To see what they can get away with.

Seems your money in a bank is really only 90% yours, soon!

What happens when i go to the bank and ask to withdraw all my funds only to be told i must leave 10%, incase of future funding crisis?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Thank you whoever corrected the thread's title. This is utter madness what is going on. It is amazing that this is not the number one news story. Interesting that they are only stealing from bank deposits, I guess if your money is in the stock market, you are safe.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sometimes when the warning is in plain sight, we shrug and look the other way.

Well, I am not waiting until it is virtually impossible to withdraw my hard earned cash, so I decided a month ago to get it all out...

And am I glad I made the right choice, as things seems heading downhill at the moment and it's not fear-mongering but a call for others to see this warning and to be as prepared as much as possible to ride it out.

Peace
edit on 17-3-2013 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Bitcoins anyone? lol!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

Yeah i thought it was just Cyprus that's getting the 10% EU aproved robbery. Will be interesting as it's a Russian gangsters favourite cash harbour. Only on accounts with more than 100k so the skint won't get hit.

Those accounts with less than 100K, will have 6.7% taken out.
No one is escaping this.
They "say" this is a one time payment only in Cypress, but if it's done once, it'll happen again somewhere...

For those living paycheque to paycheque, even 6% is a hardship.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
They have not taken the private money yet... By private money I mean the deposits of there customers.. How could they take the private property of the public,, Its not there money it the property of the customers..
A bank account is not a bond or a stock or any sort of investment.

This is stealing plane and simple.. Now If you want to know were people really stand just listen to talk radio tomorrow,, Hannity Rush Fox CNBC will again not say anything about this, they always complain about the middle class wanting Santa Claus, and never say anything about how the banks get Billions every month from the Fed,,, and how the GOV needs to stop over regulating the banks, and let free enterprise work..

even Obama lets these crooks get away with stealing and at the same time both sides R and D take huge amounts of cash from these guys,,, JP Morgan used there customers deposits to trade with. then lied about it.. that happened Friday,, What would happen if you did that. Now the people of Cypress are getting robbed blind by these Same bankers,, and from Fox news and the rest of there lap dogs (RUSH Hannity) Crickets

Make no mistake about it Corp America runs the world right now,, Backed up by the MSM,,,

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
In Australia they are going to take all, the thats ALL 100% from inactive superannuation and Bank accounts ,that have been inactive for three years [one Bank Account was reported to have $990,000.00 in it ] how would you like to lose that ? Now dimwit Australian Treasurer Wayne Swann [only qualification is an Arts Degree ]that the next Official budget will be an ''Austere One'' due to the Government not getting the Taxes from the mining Industry they Thought [ hmmmm[ they were going to get ! After blowing tax payers money left right and centre ,they are now going to sting the taxpayer Again !!! to make up for their Economic Mega Incompetence

top topics

<<   2 >>

join