It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea a truly heartbreaking Story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I wonder if any of you think it such a good idea to nuke or obliterate this sad
and downtrodden people after watching this harrowing video.
Having just watch a 5 year old documentary I am a ashamed that this abomination is allowed to
to exist in the 21st century.
The film tells a story of what it is really like to be a North Korean. After watching this you will pity them like
you have pitied no other. These poor souls are a huge tear on my humanity and they should be on yours too.

Little Kim Un has known his entire life what he and his cronies are doing to their people, he should be stopped, but not by killing millions of NK people through war, they deserve better.

Please watch the video.

Thanks.

Mods move this to the correct forum if misplaced.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Should we blame the North Korean government or the Western nations that have imposed sanctions on NK.

What was the living standards like there before any hostilities ?..........maybe there lies the answer.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
Should we blame the North Korean government or the Western nations that have imposed sanctions on NK.

What was the living standards like there before any hostilities ?..........maybe there lies the answer.

I think you need to blame the total control mechanism used by the North Korean Kim family, After 50 or so years
of being lied to and no contact with the outside world for comparison, the people believe what their told.
But their poor fortunes sit squarely with the Kim family.

You can't have watched the video , I urge you to watch it.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

I'd say the blame lies solely with the NK government. It is their actions which were the cause of the UN sanctions to be imposed in the first place.

King

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

Sanctions certainly don't help and because Nth Korea are still developing certain weapons and technologies, I really can't see what sanctions have achieved.. Waste of time and the people pay a higher price than they were beforehad.. International politics is a joke.
edit on 17-3-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingears

I'd say the blame lies solely with the NK government. It is their actions which were the cause of the UN sanctions to be imposed in the first place.

King

It would be great if it haulted the government but thats not what happens. The sanction hit the lower class in the hope of starting a riot or something and from there we can send our cronies in to tear the country apart or something. Its counter-productive simply because Kimmy Jong is still making threats and smiling at the same time. It hasn't achieved anything.. People are just worse of than what they were beforehand.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Due to not wanting to argue with others on ATS, I have not written about the backstory of this place. There is a reason why we do not bother them, there is a dynasty there that even the U.S will not mess with.

In actuality those that are crying and weeping are cases of mass conditiong, and we here in the west learn from it. Its kind of like a large scale project and those that care to learn how to control others sit back and watch. We allow the shennanigans because all in all its a free for all, and those poor people are a part.

Maybe one day this will all come out, but we should really ask ourselves why we never invaded N.K.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ken10

North Korean government is at fault. There politics (Juche and Songun) are disastrous. Juche gives the excuse for the leaders to close the North Koreans within their own borders and live off what scraps they can get; if they can get anything. Most of the land is not usable for farming, many, many people starving, etc. The military has a strong authority thanks songun. The government is just terrible.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

King

It would be great if it haulted the government but thats not what happens. The sanction hit the lower class in the hope of starting a riot or something and from there we can send our cronies in to tear the country apart or something. Its counter-productive simply because Kimmy Jong is still making threats and smiling at the same time. It hasn't achieved anything.. People are just worse of than what they were beforehand.

I totally agree you. The problem is that even though the sanctions achieve very little in the way of stopping their nuclear program, the west will not back down because it shows weakness.

King

link   
reply to post by rigel4

It is shocking what goes on there.

I have been one of those calling for the NK regime to be dealt with lately, I feel like Im wasting my time though. People seem to forget what the NK people go through.

You are right in saying nuking them isn't the answer, as more of their people will suffer. A well thought out series of strategic strikes is what's needed. We have the means to take him and his closest "cronies" out with minimal loss of innocent lives. If done properly the regime would crumble and boarders would open, unless china jumped in to help, then it's a whole new scenario.

link   
And then there is the influence on NK from China ......I mean didn't China support NK against the south and its allies like the US !

From what I see NK are caught between a hard place and a rock, because China will not tolerate US bases on its border.
edit on 17-3-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The bottom line of why we never invaded NK has been because China backed them. The Korean War was almost won until China sent in their troops to reinforce and drive us back until there was a cease fire called and the 38th parallel otherwise known as the DMZ was established as an excepted border.

The cease fire holds till today however I can attest that even now that border is routinely tested and remains a volatile area.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

King

A very fine post, I've been trying to get this point across for days. People seem to think that NK are the victim in all this, when in actual fact it's quite the opposite as it is they that are being the aggressors.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

King

China made them, China needs to fix them

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

The bottom line of why we never invaded NK has been because China backed them. The Korean War was almost won until China sent in their troops to reinforce and drive us back until there was a cease fire called and the 38th parallel otherwise known as the DMZ was established as an excepted border.

The cease fire holds till today however I can attest that even now that border is routinely tested and remains a volatile area.

Exactly, They couldn't be beaten militarily so sanctions were imposed to try and achieve the same ends....Only sanctions only affect the common people and not the regime, which is where my point is.

Oh and eta, Imo if NK was attacked I believe China and Russia would ally with NK again.
edit on 17-3-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire

King

A very fine post, I've been trying to get this point across for days. People seem to think that NK are the victim in all this, when in actual fact it's quite the opposite as it is they that are being the aggressors.

I'm not suggesting that the North Korean government is not to blame , but instead look at the PEOPLE of NK as a humanitarian instead of an opposite warring faction. These nk people have no say at all about their fate and are living as animals in the country side. We as fellow human beings should be concerned about this and doing anything we can to bring it to an end as quickly as possible.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I really don't get that country. We hear so much oppression yet an ex US crossdressing basketballer goes over to Nth Korea, has a chuckle/great time and then tells the world his people love him.. Next thing you know, Rodman leaves and the threats are coming daily...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Your exactly right and I honestly couldn't agree with you more. I'm getting the impression, because of the replies I've had in other threads, that people think I just want NK turned to glass. In actual fact I think it needs to be done strategically to avoid the massive loss of innocent life. Like we've both said, the NK people have suffered enough.

Kudos to you for the thread.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't think there's any doubt that the situation there is desperate, but the US has no business interfering. In fact, it's most likely that US interference got the situation where it is right now.

If people think something ought to be done to the NK leadership, they need to think twice. Any country that's worth living in probably had 'founding fathers' that made it that way. If a country is led by a despot and the people are oppressed, then the people need to shed their own blood to change it. Bottom line, end of story.

If the UN or US or anybody else provoked NK, there would be a massive national following that would fight at the direction of their leadership. There would be losses on both sides. If they're left to their own devices, then the only losses and bloodshed is one side.

Besides, who are we to decide who is worthy of government? It probably sucks there, I don't doubt it one bit. But it's certainly not my place or the place of any of my elected officials to decide that the NK government is not worthy from halfway around the world. It's such an arrogant stance and is what gets places like that in their dilemma in the first place. If we didn't have CIA interference and the SK didn't have their interference, and we didn't have inane sanctions that don't work, then there would be no threats and certainly a lot less suffering inside the NK border.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

I'm not suggesting that the North Korean government is not to blame , but instead look at the PEOPLE of NK as a humanitarian instead of an opposite warring faction. These nk people have no say at all about their fate and are living as animals in the country side.

ANYONE knows that, really.

It's not about the populace, we KNOW they are oppressed, brain washed etc. it's about the REGIME, not the NK people. Your plead somehow implies "we" have something against the NK people - this is not the case.

NK is like old communism, times 1000. The regime MUST brainwash and control everything, it knows that only with total control (not allowing free/opposing opinions), free information etc. it would fall apart - as ANY other similar regime on this planet has fallen apart the instant freedom came to such countries.

BASICALLY, it is almost like a "hostage situation" where a crazy person hold several people locked up in a cellar for many years and tells them it's "good for them" and the world outside is bad - brainwashed that the hostages really BELIEVE that it's "good" for them be locked up, "protected" in the cellar and some of them likely even thankful for their captors which they do not see as "captors" but as protectors instead.

edit on 17-3-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join