It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sword of The Stars: The Pit [Roguelike]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Anyone been playing this easy to pick up hard to put down game? It has perma death so it's no so much a question of how long did it take you to beat, but rather how far did you get?

Playing on Easy it's doable to reach the bottom but on normal, hard or insane is another story! The crafting and scavenging is fun, plus they keep updating the game so it gets better and better. Need crafting if you plan on surviving long!

I like the art style of the game has that retro feel as everything is hand drawn. Here's the description of the game from the wiki if you haven't heard about it before.

A deadly plague ravages your world. Your last hope: a legendary alien facility dug deep into the Feldspar Mountains...a massive Pit, built by the ancient Suul'ka.

If 'The Pit' really exists, there might be something left. Something that will give your doctors a fighting chance at the cure.

All you know for sure is that every expedition into those mountains has failed to return...

And Nothing Sows Death Like the Suul'ka.

Quamdiu Poteris Superesse?

Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted turn-based RPG, where the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games meets the sci-fi Sword of the Stars universe, where the question to ask isn't "Did you make it to the end?" so much as "How far did you make it into The Pit before the monsters got you?"

Be brave, press on for the sake of your planet, and when all else fails, go out in a blaze of glory!

sword-of-the-stars-the-pit.wikia.com...:_The_Pit_Wiki

The game costs around 10 bucks I had got it on sale for like 8.
store.steampowered.com...

Check out some video;

DEMO
here
edit on 17-3-2013 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I guess nobody GAF about SOTS: The Pit.

for anyone that does stumble across this, I vouch for it, it's an addictive game

Well worth the price considering how many hours you can spend playing it, and the high replay value of the game is off the charts for such a small game.

I tried to lead horses to this water, up to them to drink.

posted on Mar, 24 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
You sold me
downloading now

join