Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Hate threads

page: 2
21
<< 1   >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 
smylee I know which thread you speak of. I started reading it and then quickly moved away as I felt indignation rise. I guess there will always be individuals who wish to blame others for their own shortcomings and seek others with whom to commiserate. After much thought I came to the conclusion that the OP of that thread deserves my pity rather than my anger. Apparently he has been hurt very much by women and does not realize that people can only treat you badly if you allow them to, and that if you continually choose women who treat you badly that the fault lies in your system of choosing.

The whole thread brought to mind something my dear mother inlaw (may she rest in peace) used to say to her friends when they would complain about their husbands/boyfriends: "What are you complaining for? YOU picked him!"




posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Isn't this just a hate thread about hate threads?

It happens on ATS from time to time. I just learn to ignore whatever thread strikes a nerve.



posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


one of the threads as been 404`d

that one was the unity of females one

anyway keep
smyleegrl

s+f



posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Is it not good to hate evil manipulation? I agree the generalized labeling is ridiculous though.



posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


why do you let threads on the internet get to you??



posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


why do you let threads on the internet get to you??


Overly-sensitive, especially with regards to fair play. That's the main reason.

Now this next statement makes me sound like a pompous jerk, but it's true. I'm far too empathetic for my own good. I want people to be happy, I want to defend those who (IMO) need defending, I'm an idealist who wants everyone to get along and play nice.

Those are my issues, and it's not fair of me to assume others want my "help" and I know this. I'm working on it, though.

Compassion, empathy, and insight are my greatest strengths and biggest weaknesses.
edit on 18-3-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


why do you let threads on the internet get to you??




Compassion, empathy, and insight are my greatest strengths and biggest weaknesses.
edit on 18-3-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)


Those are strengths as long as you do not let them control you, if you let them they can be viewed as weaknesses. I understand you now.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Greetings

I made a Topic about woman and Relationships , it has nothing to do with hating Woman or any thing like that.

I was just hoping to find some answers for a problem i have.

I Never hated woman and Never will.

TheGreazel.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreazel
Greetings

I made a Topic about woman and Relationships , it has nothing to do with hating Woman or any thing like that.

I was just hoping to find some answers for a problem i have.

I Never hated woman and Never will.

TheGreazel.



I wasn't referring to your thread, hon. The one I was upset about has been 404ed.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


No harm done
if it was deleted then no doubt with good reason

TheGreazel



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl
 


I agree completely! I've been in the exact same situation, before I married my husband. Had I lumped him into the category of an abusive, hateful person based solely on the fact that he is of the male persuasion, I would have missed out on a wonderful loving marriage.

We can't blame a whole group for the actions of a few. That's where the trouble starts. The sooner people learn that, the easier (and happier) their lives will become.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
everyone have a nice day
edit on 19-3-2013 by asher because: i jumped to conclusions



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by asher
the OP is talking about my threads. i don't blame all for the actions of few. i just have a problem when the actions of few go unchallenged and anyone who criticizes those few are called hateful. this is the case of israel and whenever someone talks about them they are called anti semitic.


Actually, I'm not talking about your threads at all.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 

awesome. my bad



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl


Overly-sensitive, especially with regards to fair play. That's the main reason.

Now this next statement makes me sound like a pompous jerk, but it's true. I'm far too empathetic for my own good. I want people to be happy, I want to defend those who (IMO) need defending, I'm an idealist who wants everyone to get along and play nice.

Those are my issues, and it's not fair of me to assume others want my "help" and I know this. I'm working on it, though.

Compassion, empathy, and insight are my greatest strengths and biggest weaknesses.
edit on 18-3-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)


I like the fact that you are an idealist. I kind of feel like I am one too but at times I take it a little too far, especially if I'm trying to prove a point to someone who seems inconsiderate towards some else. Especially when they have a set bias towards someone.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 



I'm an idealist who wants everyone to get along and play nice.


Idealists are the ones who wish to lump people into categories. Notice your use of "everyone" here, implying that you wish to see everyone get along and play nice. Though it is a good ideal in my opinion, not everyone can be lumped into the category of people who play nice and get along.

Those who place women or men into stereotypes are comparing them to their ideal, without admitting that not everyone of that category fits it. They are not considering the particular individual on its own merit. This is idealistic thinking.

I realize my pedantry here, but it's best to keep one's idealism in check.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by smyleegrl
 



I'm an idealist who wants everyone to get along and play nice.


Idealists are the ones who wish to lump people into categories. Notice your use of "everyone" here, implying that you wish to see everyone get along and play nice. Though it is a good ideal in my opinion, not everyone can be lumped into the category of people who play nice and get along.

Those who place women or men into stereotypes are comparing them to their ideal, without admitting that not everyone of that category fits it. They are not considering the particular individual on its own merit. This is idealistic thinking.

I realize my pedantry here, but it's best to keep one's idealism in check.


I would like to disagree with that post you made but I see how you are right when I think about it. Especially when I reflect I things I've done at times to make a point.



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl
 


The Thread in question really bothered me too Smyleegrl...infact I had written a post to respond to the OP but the thread was closed before I was able to post it. I think the reason that thread hit such a nerve for me was because anyone that has ever thrown thier heart in the game of "Love" has probably had thier heart broken and has probably broken someone's heart...no fun either way...


It makes me sad to see another person make such broad statements about the opposite sex...call me a hopeless romantic.....I know Men and Women are different and that's what makes it all worth it. LOL...can Women be "crazy"...you bet! Can Men be "jerks"...you bet! Can Men and Women meet the right person and be happy together...you bet!

There are plenty of things to "Hate" in this crazy world...but we're not getting through this mess without each other......



posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
MOD NOTE

This is what the Rant forum is for:

Rant: Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members, the staff, or ATS itself.


If you see a thread that you believe is not within the T&C, please alert staff and allow us time to act.

Contacting Staff: Alerts, Suggestions, Complaints



**Thread Closed**





new topics




 
21
<< 1   >>

log in

join