It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new Pope and his mate, Baphomet

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
when I started reading this thread, I was taking everything with a relaxed grain of salt. You know, the usual pareidolia, it's just rocks argument.

Now that the mirrored images have come out. Dude, I am oficially freaked out.

I'm a catholic and those images above the pope are really creeping me out. I can not begin to wonder why would they choose such a thing to preside over the enthronement of a pope!?!?

Those single mirrored images have made me, for the first time, consider seriously the whole catholic church is the whore of Babylon argument.

There is something deeply disturbing about this.

Brain wrenching day ahead.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
It is a powerful sculpture - an intimidating presence that dwarfs the humans in front of it - 66 feet high! Wow!
It is also violent in its expression of, according to the artist, Christ arising from a nuclear explosion in the olive garden where he was originally betrayed. So, it combines Resurrection with Armageddon.

It makes an odd statement when the Pope and others are seated in front of it - there is a sinister, hellish quality about the twisted forms. NOT a sculpture depicting peace, or love, or blessing! It feels like Christ is being shot straight out of hell (which is where he was before the resurrection).

I can understand how the eye would be drawn into the idea of Baphomet, which is an inverted triangle shape with horns, basically. If you look at the side view (I googled it as much as I could - no good close ups of the twisted shapes, btw, that I could find) the idea of Baphomet is not readily seen. I really don't know if such an image was intended or not.

Thank you for the thread, as I had never seen this before!

peace,
AB

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This thread has gotten a lot more fun. Now everyone has to go touch that sculpture at some point, like the Muslims go to mecca the ATS's have to get in front of the sculpture and take pictures of themselves posing by it.

The mirror image where Jesus is holding his arms wide reminded me, at first glance, of the Shroud of Turin. The image looks very much like the shroud's Jesus if he was animated and holding his arms up.

And the horned stuff, as I've said in threads before, the catholics took the image of Pan, who was and still is a popular God, and put a propoganda spin on him to make him into the depiction of evil, and changed that images name to the Devil, or Satan. Poppycock! Pan is the playful God of nature, of erotic play, of lots of different things, and was honored for many centuries before the catholics decided to blitz the old goat. Pan is cool. This image, it's also becoming quite interesting as, as one poster said, it morphs as more people play with it.

And lastly it is very weird how it's actually grown since the early pictures of it, when it was new, and I don't understand how that can happen unless the artist added to it. That's an aspect of this that should be explored more, maybe the image people here can show us the old one superimposed over the present-day statue. Thanks.
edit on 19-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The friend of mine who originally pointed out something that he thought odd, has just sent me a picture of something he has just spotted. He is following this thread and is completely fascinated by it all..

Anyway, what he has found is related to this mirror image of Baphomet

Remember right back at the begining of the thread I posted that picture of Baphemt, youknow, the hand drawn artistic version..

Go back up to the mirror image.. look at Christ..He is between the two horns.. now look at his chest..

Notice anything similar to the hand drawn image of Baphomets head between the horns?
We now have three prongs between the two horns...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

OP, in the making of this thread, has exposed the depth of evil that is coming to bare more and more everyday now.
In regards to the Catholic church. What was just a short time ago, only vague in reference and easily refuted by a lack of proof ? From what I'm witnessing, has just been exposed at the same time, it seems to be gaining confidence and finally coming out of the closet.
I think you have an exclusive OP !
I have seen this nowhere else except
RIGHT HERE ON ATS !

edit on 19-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Extralien

OP, in the making of this thread, has exposed the depth of evil that is coming to bare more and more everyday now.
In regards to the Catholic church. What was just a short time ago, only vague in reference and easily refuted by a lack of proof ? From what I'm witnessing, has just b
een exposed at the same time, it seems to be gaining confidence and finally coming out of the closet.
I think you have an exclusive OP !
I have seen this nowhere else except
RIGHT HERE ON ATS !

I can't see how this exposes anything.

ItS an interesting topic and thread, but that's it. To me, this looks much more like H.R. Gigers alien depictions more than any Baphomet. We see what we want to see in art, that's the beauty of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the Luciferian doctrine is very similar to Gods doctrine. Wasnt it Lucifer who was created perfect and because of his own reasoning he corrupted himself from within?

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning? and cut down to the ground which didst cast lots upon the nations?

Yet thou saidest in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven and exalt my throne above beside the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation in the sides of the North.

I will ascend above the height of the clouds and I will be LIKE the MOST HIGH. Isaiah CH 14 V 12-14

I recommend anyone who is interested into the mysteries and occult but consider yourself a Christian to read books by David Flynn. He opens up a new perspective to the UFO phenomenon and concludes that before Adam was created, beings lived on a planet called Rahab and also on Mars. They worshiped the Lord and all of his glory and built massive structures in geometrically sound locations that mirrored the heavens which is where the phrase "as above so below" comes from. When the beings rebelled against God, Rahab was destroyed and Mars took a huge hit as well as the earth. This could have been what destroyed the Dinosaurs. Anyway not to make this too long but David talks about these things as well as Catholicism and how it was created. As for this picture I think that the Vatican is a secret society and they are practicing idolatry on the inside and telling everyone on the outside that its the opposite. They are already breaking commandments as the Pope holds himself higher than God. If you look at the structures in the Vatican it is blowing up with symbolism (exoteric and esoteric). This picture is definitely disturbing.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

We see what we want to see in art, that's the beauty of it.

That's a load of carp.
I'm convinced you see, what you want to see. But if my kid draws a pic of a monkey jump'in a
coconut ? Most likely I will see, a monkey jump'in a coconut.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

We see what we want to see in art, that's the beauty of it.

That's a load of carp.
I'm convinced you see, what you want to see. But if my kid draws a pic of monkey jump'in a coconut ? Most likely I will see, a monkey jump'in a coconut.

And you clearly see Baphomet, huh?

Do me a favor. Google "Giger" and "alien". Im fairly certain you will agree, this statue looks MUCH more like those. Or simply watch Alien or Aliens.

My main point was, this is proof of nothing. Interesting and certainly sinister looking, but proof? Hardly.

edit on 19-3-2013 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Case closing and concrete proof ! Earth shattering, cookie crumbling, fact based and case closing evidence.

Evil resides at the Vat.

It doesn't surprise me that you disagree. You've obviously been choosing to see what you want in everything for a long time.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Sarcasm noted and accepted. This of course is what i was originally refering to:

In regards to the Catholic church. What was just a short time ago, only vague in reference and easily refuted by a lack of proof ?

If this is proof to you, im glad your not currently doing jury duty.

Ps. And trust me, im no fan of the catholic church.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

I know, I pretty much had you pegged for atheism two posts back.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

I know, I pretty had you pegged for atheism two posts back.

Love how we exchanged a few messages and you claim to know me. If it helps you feel better about yourself, keep slinging.

You dont like to be disagreed with, do you?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I must enjoy it or I wouldn't be here ! No, I don't think I know you. I just admitted that I pegged you for atheism that's all. I don't mind if somebody disagrees, but when it's blatant and people seem to just deny? For denials sake ?
That gets me a lil peeved maybe.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I don't mind if somebody disagrees, but when it's blatant and people seem to just deny? For denials sake ?
That gets me a lil peeved maybe.

And just what is i have denied? Please, look though my posts and tell me where i said it wasnt Baphomet. Oh, right, you cant.

I simply said it wasnt proof of anything, while at the same time agreeing it looked sinister. Please, refute anything i just said.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

To me, this looks much more like H.R. Gigers alien depictions more than any Baphomet

No it doesn't.

And you clearly see Baphomet, huh?

Yes I do. And so does just about everyone else passing thru. I suppose now I got the wrong impression from your posts ?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
The friend of mine who originally pointed out something that he thought odd, has just sent me a picture of something he has just spotted. He is following this thread and is completely fascinated by it all..

Anyway, what he has found is related to this mirror image of Baphomet

Remember right back at the begining of the thread I posted that picture of Baphemt, youknow, the hand drawn artistic version..

Go back up to the mirror image.. look at Christ..He is between the two horns.. now look at his chest..

Notice anything similar to the hand drawn image of Baphomets head between the horns?
We now have three prongs between the two horns...

Congratulations, OP!

I did my best to save you and your buddy from yourselves; but you've cracked the 9th degree secret of the O.T.O.!

Now, we're having a special today; would you like to be disemboweled, and have your entrails devoured by hell hounds? Or would you rather go with being drawn and quartered, and having your remains scattered to the four corners of the earth. Your choice!

Please stand by; a car will be along shortly.

Have a nice day.

edit on 19-3-2013 by Bybyots because: ?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Im pretty sure we have already moved past the part where we agree that we see two different things.

Care to actually address my last post and tell me what i have denied?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

You denied it's proof. Hang on, I'll copy and paste everything from all of our posts right here for you.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

You denied it's proof. Hang on, I'll copy and paste everything from all of our posts right here for you.

If this is proof to you, i need to hand you a dictionary.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join