Mariana Trench teems with bacterial life

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
An international team of oceanographers and biologists completed the first survey ofbacteria in the deepest ocean depths usingspecially designed robotic equipment that examines the bacterial inhabitants in the sediment at almost seven miles deep in the Mariana Trench .
The researchers found an unexpected abundance of microbial life that they conclude come to reside at great ocean depths because gravitation and seismic activity cause the remains of deceased fish,algae, and other microbes to find the lowest depths.
As expected, the researchers found very few large life forms in the Mariana Trench.
The examination of any life form at great depths requires an in situ evaluation because the pressures and temperatures at such depths cannot be maintained in the transport of life forms from the deepest oceans to the surface. Source with video - www.examiner.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Nice find OP
these locations if not already existing
should have visual/audio monitors that can watch the areas for days weeks with some type of imaging that will filter the occasional MOVEMENTS down there from the life down there. To get a better fell of what is going on if permitted.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Nice find OP
these locations if not already existing
should have visual/audio monitors that can watch the areas for days weeks with some type of imaging that will filter the occasional MOVEMENTS down there from the life down there. To get a better fell of what is going on if permitted.

NAMASTE*******

For sure- Imagine the Monsters that lurk in the depths below.

Discovery (or someone) did a documentary of a place (wasnt the Trench I dont think- But maybe) where they thought life could survive because it was too deep and too much pressure... Anyhow, after a ton of attempts finding nothing, the cameras filmed these GIANT crayfish/Lobster creepy creatures and possibly a weird Shark if I remember right.

Personally, I imagine there are things from our wildest nightmares in Lakes (like Superior) and the Oceans depths and we are just clueless.

OP, very cool find and also makes me think about Europa ( a moon of Jupiter) which very possibly has Oceans teeming with life and possibly MONSTERS. (I luv monsters lol)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

hey the Monsters is of an old age they are misunderstood CREATOR Creations as of now.

exclusive video

new topics

join