It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the polls underestimating the young vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The polls show the race in a deadheat, however the question I pose are the polls underestimating the youth vote? With the new voters project, and MTV out doing there vote or die thing, will the youth be a major factor on whether Kerry or Bush wins? I have voluteered with the New voters project, and I am a college student myself and I see a huge historic record turnout of the youth vote. Im curious on what everyone else thinks.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Most people I know my age range(18-24) are registered and are going to vote. A lot have stickered up their cars and volunteered to campaign for Kerry of course.,

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I believe that the young voters will make an impact on elections and also the women votes specialy young single women.

The polls reflect mostly already resgister voters with political parties, in my house is 4 voters this time 2 of them young and none of us are registered under any particular political party.

So we are not counted under the regular polls. And yes this year is gong to be a record braking on young voters and women voters.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
its one thing to get into a concert for free if you register, its another to get your a** outta bed, put down the x-box controller, etc, to go line up to vote

speaking of MTV - while watching their video awards from Miami a couple months ago, they had on both candidates' daughters on to "get the kids to vote". The Kerry daughters were live on stage and the Bush daughters were live "via satellite" - obviously to avoid the expected boo's and abuse! But something strange happened - the Kerry daughters were boo'ed continuosly while they tried to speak...to the point of them looking like they were going to walk off stage.

made me wonder - who really has the youth vote?????

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
and then not even half of them. Many of the WWII generation are refusing to be polled, which in tern skews the results. This election will make fools out of all polling organizations just like the last one made all the news agencies in this country look STUPID!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by rayzor11
its one thing to get into a concert for free if you register, its another to get your a** outta bed, put down the x-box controller, etc, to go line up to vote

I believe us youth will get our a** outta bed, put down the x-box controller, etc, and go line up to vote. The reason for it is because we are motivated, enegrized, most of the youth realizes how important this election is. Thats why tomorrow the politicians will hear our voice and recognized that the need to pay attention to us. And we'll know for sure on how well these new voter project groups did by tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Todays' youth tend to have the same values that my grandfathers, WWI, generation had, they help raise their kids, think that a job isn't as important as their family and friends and they are willing to work hard when it is needed.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There's been a lot of stuff in the media that's been trying to sway the vote of the youth. It'll definately count for a lot this election, probably more than ever before.

Look at MTV for example. Check out Mosh by Eminem, and Counting Bodies Like Sheep (To the Rhythm of the War Drum) by Perfect Circle.

Two videos basically putting down Bush, and probably influencing a lot of voters at the same time.

(you can see perfect circles video on their website for free...I dont know if its the same with Eminem's video though)

new topics

top topics

join