It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you thinking even considering Kerry?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Everyone here knows evevryone elses viewpoint. Republicans have facts, Democrats theories and scare tactics.

Bush says what he will do and does it. Kerry says anything to go with the flow.

Bush is a stronger man, Kerry is Herman Munster.

Im through trying to prove a point. Ill prove it with my vote.

Go out and vote, even though when Kerry loses he'll be crying and whining and making our elction process the mockery of the WOrld again... just like Gore did.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
In retrospective of spin, the release of the video by Bin Laden shows the world a few things.

1. Bin Laden is still alive.
2. Bin Laden believes he is still a powerful threat against his opposition.
3. Bin Laden does not care who is elected he will still be there afterwards.

In all honesty, to spin this for either candidate is in bad taste and form. The man orchestrated/supported terrorist acts against the US and continues to do so. Both candidates share the same opinion on Bin Laden:

Bush: "Americans will not be intimidated or influenced by an enemy of our country. Im sure Senator Kerry agrees with this. I also want to say to the American people that were at war with these terrorists and I am confident that we will prevail.

Kerry: As Americans, we are absolutely united in our determination to hunt down and destroy Osama bin Laden and the terrorists. They are barbarians. And I will stop at absolutely nothing to hunt down, capture or kill the terrorists wherever they are, whatever it takes. Period.

In conclusion, do not give Bin Laden so much credit over influencing American people. Most individuals had already made up their mind as to who they were voting for before the new tape.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Everyone here knows evevryone elses viewpoint. Republicans have facts, Democrats theories and scare tactics.

Oh, please. That is a stupid generalization.

Lets consider some Republican facts, shall we?

• There are WMD sites all over Iraq.

• The explosives were removed from Al Qaqaa before Baghdad was invaded.

• Energy Conservation went out of style in the 70s.

• Global Warming doesnt exist.

• Bush: I want justice. There's an old poster out west, as I recall, that said, "Wanted: Dead or Alive. (talking about Bin Laden) 9/17/2001

• Bush: "I truly am not that concerned about him," (talking about Bin Laden) -5/13/2002

• Mission Accomplished!

• Bush: my fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. and The use of force has been -- and remains -- our last resort. (5/1/2003)

• President Bush said Wednesday that American troops under fire in Iraq aren't about to pull out, and he challenged those tempted to attack U.S. forces, "Bring them on." (7/2/2003)

And so on.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
He wouldn't be like bush ??

where Some of the compromised "safety mechanisms" include:

Our system of checks and balances.
Separation of church and state.
Separation of powers (executive, legislative, and judicial branches).
A vibrant and honest public dialogue.
Genuine, rationale and informed debate of legislation in our Congress.
An effective, free, and independent press (media).
Freedom of speech without intimidation.

Without some or all of these in place, it's possible for special interests or other factions to gain excessive control over the government, create unwise policies and laws not subject to rationale debate and constructive criticism, and in general to manipulate governance of the people so that it is no longer genuinely "by the people" and "for the people."

higher food, gas, and tuition prices are going on right now which is a problem for the middle class.

Outsourcing wouldn't be a problem like it is now where so many people are losing jobs.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Bush says what he will do and does it. Kerry says anything to go with the flow.

Kerry hasn't had the opportunity to "do it" because he isn't president...

Whereas bush has "done it" because he is president..

It's his job to DO THINGS..

That's pretty bad bush is standing firmly on a point that is so lame...

"I get things done"

WELL YOUR SUPPOSED TO GET THINGS DONE RETARD, YOUR THE PRESIDENT!

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Are you that blind? stop flapping about hearsay and completely made up false statements that have no substance. He said, she said, that's all we hear regarding the position of Kerry/Bush.

Face the facts!

President Bush appointed former Secretary of State James Baker III as his envoy on Iraq's debt. No problem right? Well, James Baker also owns Baker Botts which is currently defending the Saudi Royal family including the Bin Ladens in a $1 trillion lawsuit filed by the families of September 11 victims.

What in the bloody hell does that have to do with the topic at hand?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What are you thinking, even considering Bush, when he is in bed with the greatest financers and producers of terrorism?

From what i see, bin ladens life doesnt look like hell, in fact,m he looked quite healthy and happy to me! So obviously, Bush hasnt made life anything but slightly inconvienent for Bin laden.

On the other hand, i am really wondering about these tapes. Seeing how this NEW translation fits right into Bush's hands.........

I remeber discussion about possibly Bin laden playing the Machivallian part, wanting us to vote for Bush, because Bush give him a poster child recruitment platform for more terrorists.

As long as Bush is there, the whole Arab world will want to join up. So, Bush in office works wonders for bin ladens nut club.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You make no sense BlackJackal..

This argument could easily be turned the other way. It's known that most white hate groups (KkK etc.) vote Republican so one can say that a vote for the Republican party is a vote for hatered. I mean that's the reason you won't see most blacks vote Republican. There are a lot of older black men/women who do have conservative views etc. but won't vote for the GOP b/c in their eyes (and I agree with them) those still in control of the GOP are no different than they were in the pre Civil Rights U.S.

These bigots like Trent Lott hated us back then and they still hate us today (they conform in public but privately they're still as hateful as ever). Once you get a certain age it's hard to change your ways if you've been brainwashed so I don't for one minuted believed this guys have truly changed their racists views from the past. Not to say the DNC doesn't have their share of white racists and I do believe they take the black vote for granted but it comes down to an issue of the "lesser of 2 evils."

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
[deleted double post]

[edit on 11/1/2004 by truseeker]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally Posted by Gazrok
Personally, I think the timing of this tape is HIGHLY suspect, and almost akin to pulling Osama out of a hat right before election day. The translation is almost equally suspect. The glaringly wrong dates and time frames also make this tape suspect.

The translation of the tape is correct as reported by several different news agencies. It was incorrect to begin with. As to the timing and the idea that Bush made Bin Laden make this tape is a bunch of hogwash. If he had Bin Laden in custody he could make a bigger splash by announcing the capture of Bin Laden rather than a new terror threat.

This is exactly the kind of trick and "October Surprise" we were expecting all along, and it simply reinforces my desire to see the Embicile in Chief go packing...along with his puppet master Cheney.

Again see above. Your logic or beliefs are flawed. It makes absolutely no sense to parade around another terror threat if you have Bin Laden in Custody. So what this means is when Kerry gets to office he will have Bin Laden gift wrapped and ready to bring forward as a Kerry capture. Makes utterly no sense.

Bush has gone from a budget surplus, to a large defecit, the biggest turnaround in US history. He's lost more jobs than any president in the last 75 years. He's engaged in a now shown to be illegal war, and in open defiance of international opinion. We've seen the emergeance of two new nuclear powers, both of which he's done nothing but spew threatening rhetoric to. I can't see how anyone would support THIS guy? Forget about Iraq, Al Queda, NK, Iran, etc. Four more years of BUSH/CHENEY is the biggest threat facing America.....!!! Might as well cast your vote for Patriot Act II, III, and the ceasing of the 2008 vote, as we'll be too busy with WWIII at the time...to hold such elections.

The bad economy was already on the way from Clinton due to the dot.com bust that was the Clinton economy. An economy that looked good on paper but had nothing to back it up. Regardless jobs and unemployment are both improving and have been for a year straight. It cant become perfect overnight.

Illegal War?? Illegal to who? If you are referring to the UN then sure its illegal to them, but since when does the United States get ordered around by the UN? When you say illegal do you think about the Saddam atrocities? What about the illegal Oil for Food program that the damn UN actually ran? Dont start preaching illegal when you dont have a basis for your charges.

New nuclear powers Iran and North Korea Bushs fault aye? As for North Korea this happened on Clintons watch with him actually handing over the capability. He gave them Nuclear reactors for power and took their word that they would not use them to develop Nukes. This is Clintons fault not Bush. Oh and Albright admitted to it

www.newsmax.com...

Iran has been seeking nuclear weapons since 1995 and just to let you know they still dont have any. So no they are not a nuclear power.

news.bbc.co.uk...

As for the remainder of your post, Who is attempting to scare voters?

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I like my civil rights. I like my freedom.

I will not vote for a facist dill hole.

"We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace."

according to him we must live in a dictatorship.

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Cash3w]

[edit on 1-11-2004 by Cash3w]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Howard.... um... those are facts.... thanks for proving my point

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Howard.... um... those are facts.... thanks for proving my point

Oh really, were are these WMD sites? Even Rummy admited that they haven't been able to find any.

If the explosives were removed before the invasion, what was it that the minnesota crew filmed?

As for the bush quotes, yeah they are facts. Facts that point to Bush as an idiot.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Let me think about this . . .

Osama Bin Laden can make that tape because Bush
Three Years after 911 STILL hasn't gotten him.

How is it possible for John F. Kerry to ever make him MORE comfortable than with Bush?

*psssst* (Republicans are math challenged)

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
Yeah I saw Edsingers post and was the first person in said thread to point out that Bin Laden supported Kerry. This needs its own thread because it deserves to be answered by Kerry supporters. How can you support Kerry if he is supported by the 9/11 mastermind.

Because, when it's a vote between "slightly above average" and "the apocalypse". I'll take mediocre Kerry any day of the week.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cash3w
I like my civil rights. I like my freedom.

I will not vote for a facist dill hole.

"We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace."

according to him we must live in a dictatorship.

What a lame post.

What rights have you lost under Bush? Name ONE - I DARE YOU.

Judging by your choice of language, I'll bet you are 19 - if that - and have little life experience, so I won't lay into you too hard

As far as that quote, maybe you missed the whole 'terrorists hijacking planes and flying them into the largest buildings in the country' thing. Or the whole 'Saddam broke the conditions of peace from the first golf war and refused to live up to his end of the bargain' part.

Think before you post. You may dissagree with either/both of the wars, but rushing into conflict was something Bush certainly did not do. We were attacked by OBL - not the other way around. We were reactive.

Saddam broke the peacetreaty and did not allow weapon inspectors to do their job. We warned him and he thought he could call our bluff. He was wrong. We were being reactionary.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe this has been said already, I'm not sure.

But don't you think Bin Laden would have wanted to attack the US before election day?

Instead he had to make a lame a** tape to get his point across.

Bush said he wasn't worried about Osama, probably because we've taken out almost all his henchmen, and Osama can't plan anymore attacks.

Sounds to me like Bush did a pretty good job against Al Quieda seeing as how there haven't been anymore terrorist attacks in the US.

Bush in '04

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join