It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Bee-Killing Pesticide Ban Crumbles Under Corporate Interests

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

I respect your style of deflection, i dont agree with it because I think it resembles a trash magic street hustler but I must say it even got me looking back to the OP to see what the topic was. Has the subject really transitioned from pollinating bees that are essential to our very existence to some pole raising hippies from 30 years ago.... Bees need protection and respect....just not beezlebub....hes a di(k

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

RedbeardedFool

Take a really really close look at this issue.

Bee colonies are collapsing in some areas mainly for two reasons. A mite that is infecting the bees with viruses and lack of biodiversity.

Although the activists have presented a couple of laboratory studies showing that there are sub-lethal affects from the pesticides, these studies have NOT been confirmed by real world experience. Both Australia and Canada have wide spread use of these pesticides and both countries have healthy bees.

France banned the pesticides in hope of improving bee health - it didn't work! It made NO difference.

This isn't unusual. Laboratory studies often don't work out in real life. This is one of the reasons by Big Pharma sometimes spends billions marketing drugs that either don't do what they are supposed to do or have side effects that weren't picked up during the laboratory studies. The reason is because lab studies are restricted in their findings by sample size.

Now lets look at those pesticides - Farmers report that use of these pesticides raises crop yield by 40 %. Now imagine if the ban was passed and the yield of food crops dropped even by 20 %. What do you think would happen to food prices? Who do you think would suffer the most?

So what can be done? How about slow patient working toward a resolution. How about working on developing plots set aside for biodiversity. Tobacco smoke has been shown to kill the mites. These solutions aren't glamorous. They are not dramatic but in the long run - they will make a difference.

now take a closer look at activists. here is a link for just one such group asking the public to donate $$$$$ to the cause.

www.motherjones.com...

note this sentence!

No one disputes that neonics are highly toxic to bees.

Now this sentence completely contradicts the scientific studies that the activities are putting forward to support a ban! The studies identifies POTENTIAL sub-lethal effects (sub-lethal means effects that don't in themselves kill bees). Read the site and note how it talks about "high" concentrations without ever telling you exactly what those concentrations actually are.

Note how the site seeks to instill fear in you. Fear that all the bees in the world are going to die and leave us with a sterile planet! Fear that corporate interests in profit-making are over-whelming common sense and that the industry doesn't care if they sterilise the planet. (Does it really make sense to you that people in industry, who also have children and must also exist on this planet, don't care if we all die). Do farmers really have an interest in over-using expensive pesticides?

Now go back and read what is being proposed. That the pesticides should be subjected to further field studies!

Take a good look at the whole picture and you will see that activists never ever admit to any benefit from the use of the pesticides or even allow any argument from any of their opponents (which include Farmers, Bee Keepers, the food industry) has any kind of point and that they have a vested interest in exaggeration and alarmism. They want MONEY. And what do you think they will do with the MONEY. Well the first thing is to pay themselves a salary.

In short - they are in the business of scaring you into donating money and creating their own lucrative jobs!

And they do it OVER AND OVER again. Remember when frogs started dying off? Remember the accusations that it was pesticides that caused the problem. Remember the money that was raised to fight the pesticide industry and farmers then. Remember how it all went away when real scientists doing real field studies found that the cause of the frog population decreases what a FUNGUS.

Ever remember anybody announcing that they were giving the donations back?

Remember Racheal Carson and her book Silent Spring that blamed DDT for the death of birds by causing thinning of the egg shells. Remember DDT being banned. Well, now think of the 50 million people (mostly woman and children) who died of malaria because DDT was banned! and know that the use of DDT to control mosquito populations has now been approved by the WHO. Well now they want to bring DDT back!

www.thedailybeast.com...

Those people died for NOTHING.

There are two sides to every story and unless you know them both - then you know nothing at all and you are living exactly in the state of fear that allows others to manipulate and control you!

Good luck with that!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

DDT is not a safe compound it bio accumalates as you move further up the food chain. I thought there where better ways of dealing with malaria these days. Rachel Carsons silent spring was for its time a classic and educational book. Maybe it was not all correct but it did serve an important service in opening peoples eyes..

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I agree but funny that....how they managed to ban DDT just as malaria was eradicated in the developed world AND how the WHO resisted calls to lift the ban until the death toll in undeveloped countries became intolerable!

I agree that DDT should be used sparingly and cautiously.

But that does NOT detract from the fact the Rachael Carson had her factsWRONG and that some people do consider her to be the greatest mass murderer in the history of the world.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Huge Blow to the Bee's of the world and the Anti-GMO movement. Looks like Monsanto and Bayer got their cronies into the EU and lined someone's pockets to make sure this goes through and i'm FUMING MAD.

Consider this:

Monsanto, the massive biotechnology company being blamed for contributing to the dwindling bee population, has bought up one of the leading bee collapse research organizations, Beelogics.

Read more: naturalsociety.com... T

Talk about Unethical conflict of interest. Research firm proves that your products pollute or cause disaster to wildlife, then just silence them by buyin them out. How is this company not in Jail?

Makes me sad this didn't pass. Someone needs to torch those Monopolies that are responsible for Colony Collapse Disorder, higher food prices, less food .....really sad and disgusting times I'm living in
edit on 21-3-2013 by dominicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

US Government Sued Over Use of Pesticides Linked to Bee Harm

This thread was closed and recommended the conversation placed here. Apparently the government is being sued for allowing genocide of bees.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join