On the Brink: Israel to grill Obama over possible military strike on Iran

page: 1
54
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+44 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
On the Brink: Israel to grill Obama over possible military strike on Iran


Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu will have one key question for President Barack Obama when they meet Wednesday: If push comes to shove, will America attack Iran to stop the Iranians from developing a nuclear bomb? Obama has a question of his own, just as critical. Will Israel promise not to attack Iran without American approval? Ahead of the U.S. president's trip, Israel’s President Shimon Peres described Iran as “the greatest threat to peace in the world.”


As usual Israel wants war but wants America to do the fighting for them. It's time for Israel to put up or shut up if you want to fight Iran go ahead just leave America out of it. Israel didn't help America with Iraq or Afghanistan so why should we help Israel with Iran? The main reason why Israel doesn't want to fight Iran alone is because just as Israeli military leaders have said "We can't handle Iran alone". And it's funny how a terrorist like Peres calls Iran the greatest threat to world peace. Which nation is the greater threat one that hasn't started a war in 300 years like Iran or one that votes known terrorists and criminals to lead their country like Israel?




posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
You obviously don't know too much on world politics.


+28 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtlcruisin
You obviously don't know too much on world politics.


Obviously far more than what you do. Where am I wrong?



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtlcruisin
You obviously don't know too much on world politics.


You beat me to it.


The American/Israel relation is a little more complex than the OP is alluding to. Why do you consider starting a war the basis of what you consider a threat?

If you see a man in the parking lot waving a gun at you and yelling that he wants to kill you would you consider that a threat?

Apparently the OP wouldn't because the man hasn't done anything yet.

Will the US help Israel if they decide to attack? Probably, in the form of support but I don't think any President has enough political capital to spend to get involved in another war in the ME.

Given Obama's doctrine on intervention I'd say he will offer up refueling capabilities, if Israel needs more, and the weapons to make the strike, but thats probably about it. Israel will do the actual fighting.

They can only do airstrikes anyways since nobody is going to want to get wrapped up in another quagmire over there.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You just don't know how the world works. Israel is funded by the US for a reason. Just like they do military training together and there is so much more going on that neither of us know. Do you work in the CIA or Mossad? Didn't really think so.

You might want to ask the Kurds how they feel about Iran. Or maybe load up google and educate yourself a bit.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Danger directly ahead. Lets hope this all passes without any major incident, and that more good than harm comes from it.

It's not too late to reschedule....



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
An actual attack on Israel is actually the least of the concerns about Iran getting nuclear weapons.

Israel has them of course but they don't use them to threaten. They still to this day will not even admit they have them, they are strictly being used as a deterrent. If Iran gets them it will create a hegemony in the region that has a very violent past.

How would Iran threaten its neighbors to pursue its own goals?

Another key issue is that it will set off an arms race in the region. It will not be long before countries like Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Egypt, and Kuwait are demanding nuclear weapons to deter a strike by Iran, or at least the threat of one. Do we really want the most unstable region in the world to be armed to the teeth with nuclear weapons?

A third key issue is the well documented support of terrorism by Iran. I highly doubt they would openly attack Israel but one of their little suitcase nukes could very well find its way into the hands of a terrorist group.

A fourth issue is the spread of nuclear technology into the western hemisphere which would directly go against the Monroe Doctrine which the US still follows. We all know that Iran was very friendly with Venezuela and Cuba so who's to say they won't export technology and materials to one of these countries in order to spread their beliefs? We all know how Castro went all out supporting the "revolution" in countries in the western hemisphere once he turned to marxism. Give Iran a powerful tool like nuclear weapons and they may take the same attitude with their ideals.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Israel will attack with or without U.S premission.
edit on 17-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
Israel will attack with or without U.S help.


They've already had US help.

Where do you think they got all those shiny airplanes and big bombs?



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Iran is never going to be allowed to have a nuke, or so they say. Iran is already very close, and in time will test a nuke. That is when diplomacy will end.. Regardless of the position of the Obama administration.

Iran has no intentions of overtly attacking Israel, or other enemies in the region.

It is difficult to understand the insanity that motivates Iran, they must provoke aggression from the "great Satan" and Israel, and that aggression on Iran must be seen by the world as unjust aggression. That will provide the fulfillment of prophecies and provide religious justification for their ultimate attack plans, and to unite Muslims in war. They will retaliate with conventional, and possibly nuclear weapons overtly in the region, and attack the west, western interests and the USA covertly through their networks of terrorist proxies, affiliates and sleeper cells.

They believe their plans are God's plan.... Their cells are independent of the regime and theocracy in Iran.

Hopefully you'll never have to see just how truly dangerous all of this can be.

Good luck.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest
 


You got me.


I will change one word premission.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
Iran is never going to be allowed to have a nuke, or so they say. Iran is already very close, and in time will test a nuke. That is when diplomacy will end.. Regardless of the position of the Obama administration.

Iran has no intentions of overtly attacking Israel, or other enemies in the region.

It is difficult to understand the insanity that motivates Iran, they must provoke aggression from the "great Satan" and Israel, and that aggression on Iran must be seen by the world as unjust aggression. That will provide the fulfillment of prophecies and provide religious justification for their ultimate attack plans, and to unite Muslims in war. They will retaliate with conventional, and possibly nuclear weapons overtly in the region, and attack the west, western interests and the USA covertly through their networks of terrorist proxies, affiliates and sleeper cells.

They believe their plans are God's plan.... Their cells are independent of the regime and theocracy in Iran.

Hopefully you'll never have to see just how truly dangerous all of this can be.

Good luck.


There is no proof Iran is even trying to build a bomb. Israel has been screaming they are making the bomb since the 90's and still no bomb. You are doing nothing but spouting off the usual Israeli propaganda.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by mtlcruisin
You obviously don't know too much on world politics.


You beat me to it.


The American/Israel relation is a little more complex than the OP is alluding to. Why do you consider starting a war the basis of what you consider a threat?

If you see a man in the parking lot waving a gun at you and yelling that he wants to kill you would you consider that a threat?

Apparently the OP wouldn't because the man hasn't done anything yet.

Will the US help Israel if they decide to attack? Probably, in the form of support but I don't think any President has enough political capital to spend to get involved in another war in the ME.

Given Obama's doctrine on intervention I'd say he will offer up refueling capabilities, if Israel needs more, and the weapons to make the strike, but thats probably about it. Israel will do the actual fighting.

They can only do airstrikes anyways since nobody is going to want to get wrapped up in another quagmire over there.


Ordinarily I would agree with you. However, if the strike is intended to penetrate the underground Iranian nuclear facilities it will have to be the USAF.

Theres only one non nuclear weapon that can do that and only american strategic bombers can lift it.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

There is no proof Iran is even trying to build a bomb. Israel has been screaming they are making the bomb since the 90's and still no bomb. You are doing nothing but spouting off the usual Israeli propaganda.


That is why, you and so many millions out there will only believe it when Iran actually tests a nuke and makes an official declaration of it to the world through the international press.

Then and only then will the diplomacy end and the military confrontations begin. The only potential problems with that is the unpredictability of Israeli restraint, and whether or not they can wait, or act preemptively to "remove the threat"

Doesn't matter what YOU believe now, and with any luck maybe you'll never need to see a worst case outcome here.

It is what it is.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mtlcruisin
You just don't know how the world works. Israel is funded by the US for a reason. Just like they do military training together and there is so much more going on that neither of us know. Do you work in the CIA or Mossad? Didn't really think so.

You might want to ask the Kurds how they feel about Iran. Or maybe load up google and educate yourself a bit.


What Kurds? The ones who Saddam slaughtered while the Iranians stood there and watched in disbelief? Maybe you should check out some facts..



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ausername
 


If Iran wanted nukes they would already have them... Just like North Korea. If you want to worry about a country, turn your focus to Asia. Israel are just a bunch of terrorist run warmongers.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
reply to post by ausername
 


If Iran wanted nukes they would already have them... Just like North Korea. If you want to worry about a country, turn your focus to Asia. Israel are just a bunch of terrorist run warmongers.


They are actually so close now that it is hardly worthy of argument. Seeing is believing.

All that matters now is when they "officially" cross the line.

As for Asia, the North Korean covert alliance with Iran is solidifying. Enjoy the distractions while they last.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ausername
They are actually so close now that it is hardly worthy of argument. Seeing is believing.


Seeing what? I cannot see anything to suggest they are close to a nuke let alone are going to use one as soon as they get one.


All that matters now is when they "officially" cross the line.


Israel crossed the line 65 years ago. I don't see Iran ripping out their crayolas and drawing lines through Israeli bombs.


As for Asia, the North Korean covert alliance with Iran is solidifying. Enjoy the distractions while they last.


What distractions?




posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy
 


It's sad, so many people are blinded by their biased perspectives that they will not see the truth until it's too late to matter.

You're not alone in that regard.

Good luck.





new topics
top topics
 
54
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join