It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take a look at my Creepy Christmas Picture.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've been sitting on this picture since the 1st of the year. I wasn't sure if I should post it because sometimes the debunkers can get a little mean. But then I thought "Hey, Its all about sharing. Right?"
As long as I know it to be the truth, that's all that really matters. Meanwhile, you all can enjoy the creepy photo too.

Let me give you a little info. about the picture.
Its of a Lighted Christmas Decoration/Display at our local County Park.
Every Christmas over 100 local business' each create a display, then the public can drive thru and admire all the displays and all the hard work that goes into making them (some are VERY elaborate).

Its a drive thru only and on this night we only saw about 5 or 8 cars while we were there. Since it was a slow night we were able to pull to the shoulder a couple of times so I could snap better pics.

This particular display was about 5 - 5 1/2 ft. long with the bottom about 3 ft off the ground. So you can judge where the ground is, notice the blue lights across the bottom. That's the ground (so it looks like the whale is jumping from the Ocean).

Most of the displays are made by shaping wire and attaching/stringing the lights on the form you shaped (simple enough, right).

There is no "back" on the display, its just shaped wire (you can put your hand thru it).

Keep in mind, there were NOT people walking/milling about. Like I said, its a drive thru.

I'm the one who took the picture and I was in the habit of trying to snap 2 images of each display so when I got home I could upload them & see which angle was the best.

I did snap 2 pic's of this particular display (one right after the other). The 1st pic. shows nothing at all and promise you there wasn't even 2 seconds between snaps.

Now before anyone says, reflection etc. The face on the right looks nothing like my manfriend and he was wearing a white shirt that night. I can also say with certainty that those are NOT my bare legs on the left. I wore pants AND a coat that night.
Remember I said, the displays are just shaped metal with no back... then where's the upper body that goes with the legs. Hmmmm

Keep your fingers crossed, I can upload the picture......

So without further ado.....

P.S. The only thing Ive done to the picture is to play around with the contrast an color, so the images are clearer.

edit on 3/17/2013 by delionqueen1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/17/2013 by delionqueen1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Can you imbed the other picture you took, just for reference?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by delionqueen1

I can see an upper body, but the head is out of proportion with it. Could this be a double exposure? What kind of camera were you using? Hopefully some of our members who know cameras will be along and have a better informed idea, I just point and push the button.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The "legs"aren't legs at all. It's a sign on the display facing the other direction.

As far as the face goes, I gotta say reflection. Reflections rarely look exactly like what they're reflecting.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It's Jonah.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

All I see is a whale of lights - very pretty, but can you point out the anomaly please ?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
The "legs"aren't legs at all. It's a sign on the display facing the other direction.

That's why I wanted to see the duplicate pic she took - if it was a sign, it would show up in the other pic as well.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Oh yes I see it now - quite creepy actually. So you say there is no reflective surface there ? How big is the whale ? It does look like a reflection in a window.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Oh, I know what it is.

It's one of the other displays in the background, viewed at an angle.

Neat pareidolia

EDIT: If you stretch that shape out, it could even be a house. After all, it was Christmas, right?

edit on 17-3-2013 by DaTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

can you show us other pictures from the display so we can get some visual context please ?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Were you in the car shooting through the window glass?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If the window was down in both pictures, then wow! I believe energies are all around us and are caught time-to-time on film. Maybe it is someone who loved the beach.

This is a very interesting picture and thank you for sharing!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What type of camera? digital or film.

Was it shot while in your car through a window as you said drive through?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

I was using a Fuji FinePix (The hot Pink, Chrome looking one)

I dont know anything about cameras, I just point & click. I got it because I liked the color.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Yeah sure,,,Here it is...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

hahaha...I didnt think of that.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

There were woods behind it...It was on the side of the road...and the next display was some distance away. Thats prob. why you have to drive thru,, because they are spaced a good ways apart.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Quest11

You're welcome...Thanks for looking..and for the reply.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Thanks. Did you crop at all the first pic you posted? It seems there's a lot less space shown beneath the whale on that one, compared to this other pic.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The image looks authentic enough and doesn't seem to have been manipulated at all.This close up crop with the levels cranked up shows uniform levels of noise inherent with low light photos,something that's VERY difficult to fake even for experts.Also there seems to be a shadow on the face (or what ever it is) cast by the display......

I'd say based on an educated guess that what ever we're seeing was there when the photo was taken,probably just a guy with a beard kneeling down behind the display.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join