It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarot & You

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thanks Scribe, looking forward to my turn....patiently

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

READING # 6

reply to post by solargeddon

Significator

For your Significator I have chosen Atu VI: The Lovers. This was most definitely not an unconscious decision on my part. Although your initial request on this thread did not include a subject matter, the follow-up U2U which I send before every reading did. You asked me to see if the Tarot had any advice concerning your inability to move on from a friendship which had gone sour, but which still had thirsty roots within you.

The card for the Lovers details both halves of your situation. On one hand, as the title suggests, the card pinpoints romantic interests. On the other hand though, the card also deals with self-love, and personal contentment. Sometimes the answer we're seeking is not necessarily found in another, but in a more thorough understanding of ourselves. With that in mind, I felt that Atu VI: The Lovers, was a suitable card to use as your Significator.

Note: for the first time in my decade-and-then-some of working with the Tarot, your Significator was the first card to reveal itself during the cutting process. Various Tarot theories suggest that this is a good sign for the reading. I'm not particularly into Tarot from that angle, but, it was a nice feeling to see the card I had chosen appear first among the pack.

Covering Card

The Covering Card details the emotions, events, and circumstances which have caused you to seek a reading.

Your covering card is the 6 of Wands, the Lord of Victory. Contrary to the implications of the title, this card does not mean "accomplishment" or "success" (which is itself a separate card). Victory is about trial and consequence; of owning up to your actions, and surmounting that which comes about because of them. In order to obtain victory, there must have first been adversity, and you must have conquered it.

The imagery of the card depicts 4 crossed wands which form a supportive thatch-work, which are balanced upon two straight ones. All the while, the sun blazes as a fire beneath, slowly being funneled up the card by the guidance of the wands.

The message of the card is that of growth and extension.

The six wands branch out, pressing up against the very borders of the card, looking for a weakness in the cage which contains them. When the fire builds to an inconsolable force, then the wands will escape the frame of the card, and spill outward into a whole new world.

As a covering card, the 6 of wands suggests restlessness, and forced immobility; an energetic spirit in a weakened body. You desire movement, growth, and change, but something impedes you, prevents you from moving forward with your life, of finding—and exploring—new horizons.

Ascendant

The Ascendant details the most likely, or probable, outcome to the inquiry you have asked.

Your Ascendant is Atu XIV: Temperance. The imagery for Temperance features a holy angel, who is transferring water—considered to be the life-blood of Spirit—from one vessel to another. She stands with one foot on the Earth, and one foot in the Sea, while behind her rises a sun.

The lesson of this card is that of transformation and change.

The Earth and the Sea represent two states of being: immovable (Earth), and fluid (Sea). The act of stepping from the Earth into the Sea is symbolic of release, and letting go of those things which support you. Similarly, the pouring of water from one vessel into another is an analogue for personal release; letting go of old hurts, worries, pains, and fears.

The change represented here is not chaotic, as seen in Atu XVI: The Tower, but instead of trust. Letting yourself go, releasing emotions and memories once held dear, is a very, very difficult process. Often times we refuse to let ourselves do it. Releasing control, and trusting in God, or Fate, or Destiny, or whatever force you deem it to be, is often the first step required to do so.

Temperance is you taking that first step.

As an Ascendant this card answers your question: yes, you will move on from this love interest. You will heal, you will grow, and you will change. The process will not be easy, but it is necessary, and it begins with you accepting that you need to let go of that past.

CONTINUED BELOW

edit on 4/6/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

link   

CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

The External World

The External World details the influences of family, friends, and co-workers in the current situation.

The card in your External slot is the 4 of Wands: Lord of Completion. You'll notice right away that the same wand structure central to Victory (the 6 of wands) is present in the 4 of wands. However, a few details are very different. The sun is much more prevalent in the 4, but significantly less active than in the 6. Similarly, the 4 wands are equally as supportive as in the 6, but they do not press against their confines as energetically.

The lesson here is that of complacency.

While Completion, in most readings, would suggest peace, calm, and rest, I feel it is the opposite here. Your friends, and maybe even your family, are not providing the support necessary for movement. They are instead causing you to stand still, when what you need to be doing—what you want to be doing—is moving on and starting the next chapter of your life.

This happens a lot when something deeply personal troubles us. Those we hold dearest, and trust the most, simply cannot relate, however much they try. Everybody handles stress differently, and emotional stress is no exception. They may comfort you, and say they support you, but in reality, what they might be doing is simply echoing your own sentiments, enabling you to continue to experience an emotional fugue, instead of offering constructive energy for reaching a conclusion.

Find that fire inside yourself, the desire to move. Kindle it within, letting it ignite you. Then let other people offer their services to you. If the world is just going to be a bunch of "Yes" men/women, let them at least endorse movement, instead of complacency.

The Root

The Root card outlines the past; those events which have lead to the current situation.

Your Root is the 10 of Cups: Lord of Satiety. The imagery for this card is very exorbitant, and busy. There are 10 cups—each of which is emitting its own energy-field—that are forming a seemingly supportive network. The whole images forms a very beautiful mosaic.

There is, however, such a thing as too much.

Satiety, as a card, tends toward over-indulgence. Too much emotion, too much love, too much caring; and not enough thinking, reasoning, and preparation. While a beautiful card, beauty is often an illusion which is worn outside. The reality of the matter is, that beneath such beauty there is often instability. Few places is this more true than in love. That which we think we know, may turn out to be nothing more than a show: the ruffled feathers of a peacock.

What this suggests is that your friend, the one whom you're trying so hard to remove yourself from, ran you through an act. When somebody so greatly mystifies us, and we so deeply attach ourselves to them, it is much harder to release because we want so bad for the feelings they gave us to remain, even if the rest does not. Over-indulging on those good feelings helps us ignore whatever it was that they did to us.

Your mind is fixated on the good times, and the closeness you had with this individual. So, the real question you need to ask here is: why are they gone? You aren't moving on, because you're refusing to let the "contact high" of that friendship fade, allowing you to see the ending.

As with Temperance: let go, come down, and see the connection you had for what it really is. Then you'll be ready to move forward.

CONTINUED BELOW

link   

CONTINUED FROM ABOVE

The Internal World

The Internal World card is all about you. Who you are, where you are, and what you are feeling/doing now, at the end of the reading.

For the Internal World you have been given the 8 of Cups: Lord of Indolence. Indolence, as a term, suggests lethargy, immobility, and laziness. The imagery of the card depicts two sets of dishes, each containing 4 cups. The northerly set, your conscious-mind, features 4 cups upright, all open to the sky, basking in the gifts which rain down on them. The southerly set, your unconscious-mind, features three empty, upside down cups, and one right side up cup.

There is a disconnect between your heart, and your head. The conscious-mind (Heart) is perfectly content to bask in the memory of things past, completely ignoring your unconscious-mind (Head) which is well aware that the best days are behind you now. You need to bridge the gap: help yourself come to understand that what's done, is really done.

The single raised cup in the subconscious-mind is the key. Part of you is aware now (whether before, or after the reading) that the past was not really so golden. Let that serve as your bridge, to help you see where, and why, the road you're on is so difficult.

Going forward with life starts when your head and your heart are in line.

Additional Notes

Cups and Wands.

An abundance of both suits dot this reading. Specifically, in an "even numbered" pattern: 4 & 6 wands; 8 & 10 cups. Numerological theory holds that 4 and 6 are the numbers of security and growth, while 8 and 10 are the numbers of reflection and completion. If you put stock in numbers, then the Cups in the left-hand side of the reading suggest an end to your feelings; while the wands in the right-hand side suggest an active expansion of interests for you.

The Ladder

The Ladder combines the Root (past) and the Ascendant (future) to arrange a type of "prophecy" if you will (although I don't specifically believe in seers and the like). According to this reading, your past is clouded by emotions, and a longing for better times (10 Cups: Satiety), and your future involves distributing energy, and changing from one state to another (XIV: Temperance). To me this suggests you need to actively separate yourself from what was, in order to create something new.

Thank you, Solargeddon, for your participation and patience with me throughout the course of this thread. I know it's been a long time coming, and I really appreciate your determination to stick around for a reading. I hope some of what the cards have suggested helps you lay to rest the connection you had, and find use for the energy you've got in the future.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
If you happen to get to me, I'd like a reading...
Let's try.. Either the Rider-Waite, Celtic or Necronomicon decks- make your own choice on it. And my inquiry is this: What is the next step in my life? There are so many things swirling around in my life at once that it's hard to name a particular category- Career/Education, Life Path (x2).. If you'll U2U me when it gets closer to my turn I'll explain better. And I'd also like some advice on Tarot if you have time, as I'd like to learn to read them myself.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I love the Necronomicon Tarot. Bast as a running theme is very cool to me .
The ace of cups is my favorite card.
I may make it an avatar at some point.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PtolemyII

I discovered the Necronomicon Tarot almost purely be accident. I've always loved the H.P. Lovecraft mythos, and eventually got around to reading Tyson's re-imaginings of them.

One day I was at Barnes and Noble, saw the deck, and thought: "sure, why not?" So I picked it up and worked with it some. It's not my favorite deck (the Celtic is my favorite), but I still enjoy it.

One of my friends began his spiritual odyssey through a combination of Bast and Horus, before extending his sphere and discovering other, more personal, deity-connections.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Well I am dedicated to Bast ,in many ways . I have lots of decks I like .
I learned with Rider Waite of course .I'm not sure there were many choices when I was learning. It was an Xmas present when I was 15 .My mom found it for me .
I love the Dragon deck . The Gothic deck is amusing .I use the Halloween deck ,but it does play trick or treat on you I have found .
I have the Dali deck,and the Yosh-itaka Amano deck ,which are more for show .

The last deck I got was the Zombie deck . It's hysterical . I wish there was a WARNER Bros deck,with Bugs Bunny as the Emperor

edit on 05/28/2013 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Thanks Scribe for taking the time to do my reading, it is very insightful.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Could I get a reading on my love life?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join