It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tarot & You

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yes, I know, there are already a handful of Tarot-card reading threads all over ATS.

I was hoping to do something a little bit different with this one though. Mainly, instead of a single-card reading, as Rainbowresidue is currently offering right here, I was going to attempt to do a multiple-card reading for the individual who requested it. I also wanted this to be a little bit more interactive of a thread. So, here is what I am offering:

1) This will be a minimal-request thread. I am going to start with only the first 4 replies. This is because I am a busy individual, and often go several days without getting a chance to visit ATS. If, after I have replied to the original 4, I still have time to devote, I will accept requests again for a second round of individuals (number to be decided when we reach that bridge).

2) I am open to trying any type of inquiry, within reason of course. My deck cannot tell you tomorrow's winning lottery numbers, or the exact time and day of your death. Be reasonable if you have a request. If I think it is within the guidance of a spread, I will do the inquiry you ask of me. If I deem your request to be foolish and/or impossible I will decline it. If I decline your request, I will first U2U you, to explain why, and ask if you have another request. If you do not, I will attempt a "general reading" for you.

3) Your choice of deck. To add some specification to the reading, I am letting the Querent pick which deck they would like me to read from. I think deck choice says as much about me (the Reader) as it does about you (the Querent). So, pick whichever one appeals to you most, for whatever reason. Each deck, from my experience, has a slightly different meaning/association for each card as well. So, surprises abound. I currently have the following decks to choose from:

The traditional Rider-Waite
Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot
Israel Regardie's Golden Dawn
The Kabbalistiches Tarot
The Celtic Tarot
Donald Tyson's Necronomicon Tarot

5) Timing. As stated earlier, I am a busy individual. I cannot devote every hour, of every day, to ATS. I will do my best to perform one reading per day. I believe this is fair, as it allows me to respond to everyone in the first round of requests within a week, as well as not taking up all of my time to handle other life affairs. If I am on a roll, I'll certainly do another reading though.

6) Images. I do not, as of right now, have scans of all of the card-images for my decks uploaded anywhere. Obviously, there's a bit of a copyright law about that. But, if I do have an image of the card to accompany the reading, I will be sure to upload it as well.

7) Trolls and/or disbelievers: move along. I will neither respond to, nor take your requests.

My spread.

The spread that I offer utilizes 6 cards, drawn in this order:

A Significator
A Cover
An Ascendant
An External World
A Root
An Internal World

The Significator symbolizes you, the Querent. The Cover will offer some insight into the inquiry which you give me. The Ascendant will present the most-likely route which you will follow. The External World will explain the involvement of friends, family, and co-workers. The Root will explore subconscious elements, or, your past. Finally, the Internal World will analyze you, as you are, and as you will be.

At times I do feel intuitive bursts, which permit me to see other elements in a reading. These are not events which I can control though. If I see something more in your reading, I will expand, and try to include it.

Disclaimer: I would hope that it is obvious by now that requests of a life/death nature will be denied, and I will point you toward whatever authority I deem proper for dealing with such issues. The Tarot, as I use it, is a tool for self-exploration, and guidance through life with issues that help us grow as individuals. Please, do not ask me to try and divine anything related to life/death situations. Those type of events should not be left to anyone's judgment but your own.

Requests are now being taken for the first 4 people who reply.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Hey Wanderiing... I will get on board with this.
Lets go with The traditional Rider-Waite.

What is in the cards on a Law suit I'm dealing with as a Defendant? Alot of money envolved.
What will ever come of the true love I have but can't be with? Will this always be the case consider we are both married.
Could I expect to be always Employed with my current Employer?

What is in my future in Health related concerns.

Thanks for any insight
Jesse

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Tarot readings interest me greatly, I commend anyone who is willing to take the time. Not sure I really have a specific question so this may make it difficult for you. Maybe a direction you could take is family life if that helps.

But if your keen to do a traditional card read for me in a general sense from the traditional deck, well I'd be thankful. Love these threads and good luck with the responses

Eta: I've actually been tossing a few career ideas around in my head and thinking of furthering my education in couple yrs.
edit on 17-3-2013 by feelingconnected because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Sounds good count me in

How will my career and marriage pan out ?

Traditional deck please
edit on 17/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I also would like a reading with use of the Rider-Waite.

No specific question, I would just like to know if I'm on the right path. There are not so may options open and I'm not sure I chose the right one.

Thank you in advance

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Me too please! Damn it I was too slow...
edit on 17/3/13 by Kram09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Hey Scribe, thanks for this...I am a bit of a sceptic when it comes to Tarot, been on the fence for some time.

Will go with the Kabbalistic deck please.

Facing a crucial point in my career ( expansion, accumulation of wealth), my relations within my family and my health.

Thanks for your time.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I know you have your four, but I could realy do with a reading.

Perhaps when you get done tiwth those guys, you could help me ?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I would love a reading with Rider-Waite deck... so many things I need guidance for sure.

Thanks for your time and look forward to reading the outcome!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
ok readings over the net, hows does the recipient prime/season the pack without being nearby?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I'd love one when & if you get a chance. Thx !

The Celtic Tarot

I've been on a path of inner reflection for change and growth to better myself.

leolady

edit on 17-3-2013 by leolady because: cuz had to choose a deck

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
It's going to be interesting, seeing what kind of responses people will be getting and how they're going to perceive it.

Could you do a tarot-reading for me, OP?

As I'm going through financial difficulties at the moment, I'd like to know how the rest of my year is looking...

But I'd also like to know about things from a relationship perspective, if possible.

A reading from the Celtic Tarot would be great too

S&F

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I woud like a reading when you get around to it. I've always been interested in the Tarot. Thanks in advance

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Please count me in, whenever you have time. I'm in no hurry.
And thank you for the generous offer.
Any deck is fine with me.
My main thoughts are about this year in general.

Thanks in advance,
Rainbow

S&F for so much effort
edit on 17-3-2013 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'd love a reading when you have time.

I like the Celtic Deck. My main question would be, am I on the right path and what is my life purpose?

I had a reading by Rainbow, and I would love to see what comes of a reading from you as well. Thanks for giving your time to do this for a few people.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for the responses, and requests!

As per my initial post, I will be doing the following four individuals:

Jessemole
Feelingconnected
Cody599
Notsosunny

To those of you who arrived after the initial four, I am keeping a list of what order your replies came in. Once I have done the initial four, I will begin working through all of you in as timely a manner as I can. I'll U2U you before I begin your reading though, just to make sure the question is still valid. If it is not, or a new one has come up, I will gladly accept that one.

Today happens to be St. Patrick's Day for those of us state side. So, I have some big family functions to attend. I will try to do the first reading when I get home this evening.

reply to post by suicideeddie

hows does the recipient prime/season the pack without being nearby

This is why I asked for questions or inquiries.

Without the Querent beside me to handle the deck, I have to focus myself on the information they are seeking, and try to elicit a proper response in their absence.

It is a method of reading which I have been trying to work out for several years now. Whether or not I can do it, remains to be seen. I have had success outside of ATS though, so I am utilizing this thread a trial-and-error run.

Thanks again everyone for the requests!

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Thanks for getting back to the thread, I realised after I typed my request that I didn't list a tarot deck.

So if its ok with you, I shall let you gravitate to whichever deck you wish to use for my reading...I think having missed listing my preference is meant to be.

Ok, re-taking my place in the queue now....patiently

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by suicideeddie
ok readings over the net, hows does the recipient prime/season the pack without being nearby?

I'm sure it is possible to pick up some form of psychic impression based upon your avatar, and/or username.

After all it is personal to the individual who chose it and is something to focus upon.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If you decide to do more than just the first four respondents to your thread, I could really use a reading. Just a general reading would be fine. I've been going through a really difficult situation for the past few years and I really just can't take it anymore. I need to know if things are going to get better and go back to normal, the way they should be. I know that's a vague request but I sincerely mean it when I say that I NEED to know. I read the cards and obviously, I can't read my own...it's "against the rules" to read your own cards...so I would greatly appreciate it if you would give me a reading if you choose to do more than the first four. I'm in great need of some insight. If you decide to offer me a reading and need the specific details of my situation so that you can better understand why I so desperately need a reading, please feel free to U2U me and I'll tell you everything. Thank you so much.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Your post prompted me to do a reading of my own.

I do not use them in any formal way, I have certain methods and layouts of my own devising, but have preferd to use them instinctually. I purchased the deck in Salem Mass. over ten years ago. There is a distinct relationship with the deck, an extremely strong bond, and they speak to me in uncanny ways. The last time I used them I was explaining to someone, and used an example of someone else, and they where so dead on we both laughed. I have also long left in the unicursal hexagram, which adds another element of unbelievable uncanniness by the manor and frequency it comes out.

The situation is recently I made a very decided and somewhat dramatic career move, during which I had a very distinct sort of religious experience or moment of enlightenment, which entailed a realization of my own divinity. I won't go into specific details, but I basically walked out during one of the busiest days of the year at a point of complete physical and emotional exhaustion, and utter frustration at being under appreciated by severely incompetent people. Within three days I found another job, the place itself has deep symbology, reflecting my place of origin in both name and mutual heritage of the new owners. I'm also basically going from one side of my genetic line, to the other, in terms of the owners I left and those whom I'm embracing. The new owners also being of the side that I have more strongly identified with. It also appears I am already thought extremely highly of at the new position, and I haven't even started yet. Just to give the reading a bit of a framing.

I used the list you gave as a reference this time, which makes it all the more distinct, and for which I thank you.

I thought it was pretty eerie...

This is a good site I use for card meanings...

Interactive Thoth Card Meanings

If you have any additional insight to add I would appreciate it if possible.

Thank You!
edit on 3/17/13 by Infernalis because: Site not sight!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join