It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming proved to be fake

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It was proved to be BS a while ago, about the same time it was re christened climate change, next it will be the big season, utter garbage.
It's just political extortion, I bought an SUV because of it all.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

If such information as you speak of exists and is valid, you may depend on it that it has been considered by the IPCC – who, unlike climate-change scoffers, have to take all the data into account, not just the ones that suit their thesis.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

If such information as you speak of exists and is valid, you may depend on it that it has been considered by the IPCC – who, unlike climate-change scoffers, have to take all the data into account, not just the ones that suit their thesis.

I do not deny climate change. I challenge the assertion that co2 and man are solely responsable.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

All three lines of the graph you show a stastical increase in global temperatures from the 1960s. How can you surmise from this graph that temperatures are about to crash. The evidence is not shown.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by inverslyproportional

You do realize right that our current climate is what enabled us to evolve to humans, that our bodies are designed to live in this climate? You do realize that warming and cooling are meant to happen over thousands of years not hundreds? That's how natural warming and cooling work... much longer spans of time. Rapid warming or cooling throws the weather patterns out of whack and before we get to the warm point we can't survive (in another 100-200 years) we will have spent quadrillions of dollars in the attempt.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with farmers adding CO2 to their greenhouses? They do not. CO2 levels rise because the clear material (glass or now more likely plastic) allows solar radiance in but then traps the heat, and the more CO2 is trapped the hotter it gets. That's the whole greenhouse effect, and you have the nerve to call other people stupid? Do you even understand what the greenhouse effect is?
edit on 17-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Yes I do understand, and also understand at most they are predicting a couple of degrees of rise, which will mostly haooen in the arctic and antarctic, and even if it is as kuch as a ten degree rise, we will be just fine. As we at present live in -80 f and +120f right now, and oeople live just fine.

Life diesnt evolve just because it wants to, on the contrary it evolves because it has to. Our evolution can be kuch more easily linked to luck of a comet wiping out the dinos, than to do with anything concerning environment.

Animal life lived in way warmer and colder worlds, it will live in both warmer and colder worlds in the future.

It is blind faith, much like religion, that fuels global warming fear.

Much like all the hardship from the sequester, even though they can still find the money to spend biilions on tanks and guns fornuse against american citizens, but cant the ability to cover last years bills with more money this year.

It is all just grand theatre designed to pray on the weak of mind, as anyone who actually looks at the evidence can clearly see that co2 was way way way higher during on of the earths most stable andnlongest lasting climate cycles, and tye sea wasnt eating the animals alive, as there were way more species thriving in the waters of the time, than we have at present in the entire world.

Their fearmongering, and quite successfully I might add, nothing more.

Your quite mistaken, many add co2 to their greenhouses, your resoinse to this is so uninformed in its ignorance I will kink you this one time, as you obviously know nothing about what your trying to tell me is fact.

Here is the link, I wasnt able to add it, I lost my connection to the ats servers for awhile thers, a nd just now got reconnected.www.google.com... .19020.0.22344.16.13.1.2.2.0.281.1429.6j5j1.12.0.les%3B..0.0...1ac.1.6.mobile-gws-hp.d2xDkv3EXVk&rlz=1Y1YYEK_enUS522US522

Here is the page from google where you get about a million hits to supliers and diy kits, as it is very popular and well known, has been going on since we discovered plants use co2 and realised there isnt enough in tye atmosphere to feed them enough to grow to their potential, there is barely enough to keep them alive.

Um link me irrefutable evidence the world is " meant" to warm or cool at any rate, thought just to be fair there isnt any, as there ia not a meant to anything in the world except things invented by man.

The world has gone from tropical to hellish thousands of degrees in minutes, is that not natural then? Or how abut the resulting nuclear winter after the dust blocked out the sun, was that not natural either? Seems natural, as a naturalky occuring comet, followed it natural course, and collided with the earth, causing both the above to happen in nature, with nothing but natural causes. So either you are quite mistaken about what is and is "meant" to heppen, or nature cares not about any of your rules ane will do as it wants.
edit on 17-3-2013 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Also to add, I jever said any one was anything, you through out the insults not me. I may used the word ignorance, but that itsnt an insult, it is a statement about ones knowledge level of a given subject, it is perfectly natural ane easily curable.

Coukd you ple ase furtyer ellaborate on the statement

Also, what the hell are you talking about with farmers adding CO2 to their greenhouses? They do not. CO2 levels rise because the clear material (glass or now more likely plastic) allows solar radiance in but then traps the heat, and the more CO2 is trapped the hotter it gets. That's the whole greenhouse effect, and you have the nerve to call other people stupid? Do you even understand what the greenhouse effect is?

As I think either you mispoke, or you are the one that has no idea about co2 and or plants, and or the greenhouse effect. They add the co2 because it is good for the plants, no other reason. Co2 is to plants as oxygen is to animals.

If you also want ke to link you the botany details because you cant be bothered to even inform yourself about these things, which are wuite pertinent to this discussion.

In fact from the ignorance you have been spewing, the only reason you believe, and then attemot to tell us we should also believe, is you complete lack of knowldge of any type on the subject.

I will gladly answer any of your questions or link data I am commenting on, as long as you can bring it down a couple of notches, and use you mind to take in all the facts, not just the ones that support your view point.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
measuring climate in 10's of years is stupid

everyone knows about the last 12 years

it's most likley due to volcanic activity

it would still be a good idea for us to conserve fossil fuel and limit emissions

unless you work for big oil

do you ?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty

Originally posted by Astyanax

I do not deny climate change. I challenge the assertion that co2 and man are solely responsable.

there are 3 options

mankind has a net zero effect, literally no effect on the environment/climate at all
mankind has a beneficial impact on the environment/climate
mankind has a negative impact on the environment/climate

?
edit on 17-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Option #4 Mankind has a small impact, and is not solely responsable.

You do understand the word solely ?
edit on 17-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
some of the AGW people are real fanatics- apparently in the UK our colder weather can be blamed on global warming, apparently they DEFINITELY know this in respect of this tiny part of the world..............yet rewind 10 years and I can recall various serious articles in the likes of the BBC talking about warmer UK meaning wine growing would become more prominent..................

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Option #4 Mankind has a small impact, and is not solely responsable.

You do understand the word solely ?
edit on 17-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

anyone who says mankind is solely responsible doesn't understand the issue. I don't think any credible sources are claiming that. I'm not making that argument.

if mankind is having any impact ;

it would be smart to reverse the impact before it is too late
we should stick our heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening

?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

anyone who says mankind is solely responsible doesn't understand the issue. I don't think any credible sources are claiming that. I'm not making that argument.

not necessarily, particularly if it is negligible

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

This is in my opinion disinformation for the ignorant!

We are killing the planet and denying it wont stop it!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Global warming. Stinks of double speak so you do not argue about pollution. You cannot debate that our industrialization is causing GREAT harm to us and our earth. You can debate global warming. This has more to do with diverting the issue to one that can debated and not get anything done but have a left right debate.

Stop falling for this crap people! Keep your eye on the ball. Cancer rates and environmental toxins are so high it is killing massive amounts of life in the oceans and the land. We cannot keep doing this. The global warming issue is a stall tactic until they have you in full control...and dumbed down enough to not understand the game that is being played upon you.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I honestly never heard of anyone adding CO2 to a greenhouse, I suppose for commercial gardening/farming maybe it's needed to kickstart rapid growth. It happens all on it's own though so I don't see a need for it. I also know that CO2 is good for plants, I never stated it was a pollutant, just that we are producing too much of it as well as other greenhouse gases and it's causing global warming. And FYI you do stop just short of calling people stupid, that isn't a projection.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

not necessarily, particularly if it is negligible

I live in connecticut. where warm air meets cold air

2 years is not long enough to make any concusion, but it sure feels like there is more energy and moisture in the atmosphere up here when you get 3 "once in 100 years" storms in 18 months

next fall will be the proving ground for me. 1 more october snow storm and I'm moving

I have made changes in my life, I am conserving heavily. I still drive a car that burns gas, and have propane heat, but I have invested in insulation and timers and the like

all I'm saying is we should do more things like that

and I am very against a carbon tax fwiw

edit on 17-3-2013 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
reply to post by cody599

Global warming. Stinks of double speak so you do not argue about pollution. You cannot debate that our industrialization is causing GREAT harm to us and our earth. You can debate global warming. This has more to do with diverting the issue to one that can debated and not get anything done but have a left right debate.

Stop falling for this crap people! Keep your eye on the ball. Cancer rates and environmental toxins are so high it is killing massive amounts of life in the oceans and the land. We cannot keep doing this. The global warming issue is a stall tactic until they have you in full control...and dumbed down enough to not understand the game that is being played upon you.

I think this one is truly awake and using his noodle, I wish more would see this issue with so much clarity.

Star for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I honestly never heard of anyone adding CO2 to a greenhouse, I suppose for commercial gardening/farming maybe it's needed to kickstart rapid growth. It happens all on it's own though so I don't see a need for it. I also know that CO2 is good for plants, I never stated it was a pollutant, just that we are producing too much of it as well as other greenhouse gases and it's causing global warming. And FYI you do stop just short of calling people stupid, that isn't a projection.

I apologise for my demeanor, but I am who I am.

Co2 is the main component in the chemical reaction that feeds plants, by giving them more they dont just grow faster, they grow bigger as well, this is the honest reason why dino plants were so large, high co2 concentration in the atmosphere, which was honestly thousanrs of times higher than it is today.

The sea wasnt an ancidic waste land, it was full of life in everyform imaginable, there was no out of control warming either, as they thrived for hundreds of millions of years, in the earths longest known tropical period.

I say the evidence goes in the exact opposite direction as the global warming nonsense.

But will not further try to convince you, as I have stated my reasoning, and the facts for my stance. You are free to think and believe as you wish, for whatever reason you choose, though I still believe your position is based off of ignorance of the actual facts, not just the cherry picked data from the 50s as a suppossed temp the earth "should" be at. As it is not possible for us to know what the earths temp " should" be, since by nature it should be exactly what it is, no matter what we think it should be.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

what the earths temp " should" be, since by nature it should be exactly what it is, no matter what we think it should be.

Yeah, "by nature" - we are far from that now. Nature didn't release gigatons of fossile CO2 from igniting fuel.

This thread is another one of those where you can easily, far too easy spot the US-americans from the members of the rest of the world, with the possible exception of Chinese members, too.

I am sorry to say this, but if you ignore what we are doing right now, we altogether, billionaires and beggars, will suffer the consequences in the not-too-far future. Ignore science, tell us that the bigbad UN wants to stop your "american way of life" - nature will play a nice shoot-em-up with us. 2 degrees celsius more won't matter, it is too cold right now outside your window anyway?

Wellllllll - 2 degrees will destroy more than I could list right now.
You will see. I will see. We all will see.

This is not an "energy cloud from the galactic plane we are crossing", this is not "the barrier to the 5th dimension", this is a change in our planets ecosystem which far-but-very-possible-in-the-future-consequences we are able to see right now, right here, with a minor telescope:

look at the planet Venus.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Interesting graph... I would interpret it to mean that the reflective particulate spraying program began some time around the year 2000 and has been rather successful (so far).
edit on 17/3/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join