It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming proved to be fake

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Hi guys

Did a search and didn't find this

Just came across this and thought I would share it.

The Great Green Con no. 1: The hard proof that finally shows global warming forecasts that are costing you billions were WRONG all along

No, the world ISN'T getting warmer (as you may have noticed). Now we reveal the official data that's making scientists suddenly change their minds about climate doom. So will eco-funded MPs stop waging a green crusade with your money? Well... what do YOU think?

The graph shows in incontrovertible detail how the speed of global warming has been massively overestimated. Yet those forecasts have had a ruinous impact on the bills we pay, from heating to car fuel to huge sums paid by councils to reduce carbon emissions.

Academics are revising their views after acknowledging the miscalculation. Last night Myles Allen, Oxford University’s Professor of Geosystem Science, said that until recently he believed the world might be on course for a catastrophic temperature rise of more than five degrees this century. But he now says: ‘The odds have come down,’ – adding that warming is likely to be significantly lower. Prof Allen says higher estimates are now ‘looking iffy’.

You can read the whole article HERE

So what do you guys think ?

+5 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

So what do you guys think ?

I think that global warming is a scam designed to remove cash from our pockets and put it into the pockets of Western governments and their business cronies.

It's a scam. A very expensive scam.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Global warming or climate change doesn't exist. It's the Earth's natural cycle, carbon increases and decreases naturally the Earth warms up and then cools down naturally and the government are using to scare people and cash in off the back of it. The extreme weather around the world that's happening is probably more man made with Geo-engineering and things like that. They can blame it on our 'carbon footprint' as much as they like, but I don't buy it.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I gotta agree seems like one massive gov't scam
to get to our money

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

And it unfortunately works. They hit companies hard with the 'carbon tax' and terrify people with horror stories of what 'climate change' is doing to the planet, even though this cycle has happened numerous times in the past.
The government used scare tactics to get people to recycle more, which is also a great money maker for the government. I'm all for recycling and reducing my carbon footprint, it just annoys me that they use it to make money off an already stretched economy and use it to scare people.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sarahlm

Don't get me wrong,
I'm all for a cleaner planet, that's better for everybody.

But don't give me a jam sandwich and tell me it's bacon

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bacon

+14 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Daily Mail? Seriously? That's like saying "here's proof from the Weekly World News that Elvis was an alien!"..

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The Global Warming scheme is tied directly to the CARBON TAX which is part of the New World Order This tax will be used to support the NWO Banksters and not be given to poor countries . Agenda21 will use the Global warming to enforce it's policies where by you will be stripped of your private property rights and moved to population centers to cut your Carbon footprint .

Global Warming is a fraud to defraud you .

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
Daily Mail? Seriously? That's like saying "here's proof from the Weekly World News that Elvis was an alien!"..

Academics are revising their views after acknowledging the miscalculation. Last night Myles Allen, Oxford University’s Professor of Geosystem Science, said that until recently he believed the world might be on course for a catastrophic temperature rise of more than five degrees this century. But he now says: ‘The odds have come down,’ – adding that warming is likely to be significantly lower. Prof Allen says higher estimates are now ‘looking iffy’.

The Telegraph was slow on the uptake

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Original source of the leak online: Full AR5 draft leaked here

The Daily Mail's interpretation of that graph is rubbish. The light pink areas are error bars. The black line shows that Earth is still warming, and the warming is within the predicted margin of error. This does not refute the IPCC's projection – so far, it bears it out.

The actual fuss is, as this article explains, about a single sentence in the report regarding the impact of cosmic rays. However,

The leaked draft... says: "There is consistent evidence from observations of a net energy uptake of the earth system due to an imbalance in the energy budget. It is virtually certain that this is caused by human activities, primarily by the increase in CO2 concentrations. There is very high confidence that natural forcing contributes only a small fraction to this imbalance."

By "virtually certain", the scientists say they mean they are now 99% sure that man's emissions are responsible.

The verdict of this leaked draft is clear: human energy use and the resultant emissions are, indeed, warming the planet.

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
This actually made me laugh out loud in real life. The graph states that:

...the heavy black line is the world average temperature which is about to crash out of them both

The title of the thread "Global Warming proved to be fake" automatically makes deniers eyes lie to them. Did any of you notice that the black line is going up?

The black line still tells us that we have warmed about .5 degrees Celsius since 1955.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
i dont even have to read this thread to tell you this is true.

No such thing.

Our earth KNOWS how to take care of herself, and she would never allow such a thing to happen.

Human kind has become a parasite, and any "global warming" that is man made..will be eradicated..

The beaching of marine life is because there are things going on with our planet from solar activity, that is also affecting our daily lives, even tho we dont pay attention.

We really SHOULD pay attention, because it will one day, and probably soon, be a devastating consequence.

Scientists dont know diddly..humanity doesnt know diddly.. No one knows even a smidgen of what is happening on this wonderful planet, yes, even me.

We have come here as "guests"..and we've lived as traitors and pirates, destroying everything we've touched.

The "global warming" phenomenon is something THEY made up to justify our asinine behavior..dont believe a word of it!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

...the heavy black line is the world average temperature which is about to crash out of them both

The title of the thread "Global Warming proved to be fake" automatically makes deniers eyes lie to them. Did any of you notice that the black line is going up?

The black line still tells us that we have warmed about .5 degrees Celsius since 1955.

Yet another paper demonstrates warmer temperatures 1000 years ago and even 2000 years ago.

“The level of warmth during the peak of the MWP (Medieval Warm Period) in the second half of the 10th century, equaling or slightly exceeding the mid-20th century warming, is in agreement with the results from other more recent large-scale multi-proxy temperature reconstructions.” Now another paper, by Esper et al published in the Journal of Global and Planetary Change, shows that not only was the summers of the MWP equal or greater than our current warmth, but that the summers of the Roman Warm Period of 2000 years ago were significantly warmer than today.

Source

It's a natural thing
edit on 17/3/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Cognitive dissonance.

You say global warming is fake, made up.

No such thing.

Our earth KNOWS how to take care of herself, and she would never allow such a thing to happen.

And then say:

Human kind has become a parasite, and any "global warming" that is man made..will be eradicated..

You are correct that Earth will survive and be just fine, it's just that it will take 100-200K years and humanity won't survive it.

The beaching of marine life is because there are things going on with our planet from solar activity, that is also affecting our daily lives, even tho we dont pay attention.

Solar influence has been proven not to be the cause of our extreme warming over and over and over again. Solar influence has minimal effect. Ocean acidification is not the result of solar radiation. The ocean has been one of our largest carbon absorber, it has now absorbed too much carbon, changing the chemistry.

The "global warming" phenomenon is something THEY made up to justify our asinine behavior..dont believe a word of it!

Global warming is the reality that should curb our asinine behavior. Denialism is something THEY made up to justify it.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

That is what happens when an ice age ends......the world gets warmer.......hence the ice melting....

I thought even my dog understood this simpkest of concepts, you know like when spring comes and the snow melts, as winter is finally over.

Hhmmm, I guess it takes all kinds though.......

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

Cognitive dissonance.

You say global warming is fake, made up.

No such thing.

And then say:

You are correct that Earth will survive and be just fine, it's just that it will take 100-200K years and humanity won't survive it.

Solar influence has been proven not to be the cause of our extreme warming over and over and over again. Solar influence has minimal effect. Ocean acidification is not the result of solar radiation. The ocean has been one of our largest carbon absorber, it has now absorbed too much carbon, changing the chemistry.

Global warming is the reality that should curb our asinine behavior. Denialism is something THEY made up to justify it.

You do realise right, that the co2 concentration was thousands of times higher in the dino days than it is today, hence their plants being as big as houses, as co2 is plant food, thats why farmers ad it to tyeir greenhouses, it makes plants grow better. We barely have enough in the atmosohere for plants to conduct photosynthesis right now, we need much more of it.

Also I didnt see any science paoers on the oceans acidity eating the giant animals that thrived in it back in the day, can you link any peer reviewed evidence, that the oceans acidity will do this, as right now it is only speculation as far as I am aware. Which means just more the sky is falling talk from the gore camp.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

The MWP and the little Ice Age that followed it were not global events but localized to Europe.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

You do realize right that our current climate is what enabled us to evolve to humans, that our bodies are designed to live in this climate? You do realize that warming and cooling are meant to happen over thousands of years not hundreds? That's how natural warming and cooling work... much longer spans of time. Rapid warming or cooling throws the weather patterns out of whack and before we get to the warm point we can't survive (in another 100-200 years) we will have spent quadrillions of dollars in the attempt.

Also, what the hell are you talking about with farmers adding CO2 to their greenhouses? They do not. CO2 levels rise because the clear material (glass or now more likely plastic) allows solar radiance in but then traps the heat, and the more CO2 is trapped the hotter it gets. That's the whole greenhouse effect, and you have the nerve to call other people stupid? Do you even understand what the greenhouse effect is?
edit on 17-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Dailymail lol what a laugh. Predictions are one thing climate models from previous years says otherwise. Temperture had been rising in the last 100 yrs or so. to say theres been no rise in temp since 1997 is so laughable, as 2012 was the hottest yearr so far to date.......

tamino.wordpress.com...
edit on 17-3-2013 by minor007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Manmade????

In recent years, much publicity and fear has been generated concerning the idea of "Global Warming" / "Climate Change." In addition, a large number of people around the world are convinced that Global Warming is due to human behavior to a significant degree (especially the burning of fossil fuels), and they are urging that sweeping political action be taken to force people to change their life-styles in order to "save the world" from this feared warming trend. ...However, do the facts demonstrate that this truly is a fearfully threatening concern?

Before governments and nations become overly anxious, and encur a lot of expense, and change whole economies, we must put the Global Warming / Climate Change issue into long-term perspective. -- Of course, this can't be properly done by considering the temperature measurements of a few years or decades ...but we need to look at centuries and ideally hundreds of millennia, if possible.

Fortunately, such long-term evidence is apparently available, as we consider the following "Paleomap" put together by Dr. C. R. Scotese, of the University of Texas

worldview3.50webs.com...

edit on 17-3-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/3/2013 by ArMaP because: corrected bad link

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join