It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Cloud May Be Triggering Rapid DNA Changes & Evolution

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by richard42smith
reply to post by Bluesma

It's a fascinating subject. Whether or not there is a collective unconscious is, in itself, very interesting to consider. Do all the human brains on the planet participate in some sort of collective activity? Have you heard of Rupert Seldrake's Morphogenetic Field Theory? I have no idea if it's right, but it is testable. Likewise, I feel we should pay more scientific attention to phenomena such as channelling/summoning - even if they are nothing more than a mental malfunction of some kind, that in itself would be interesting.

Yes! I find Sheldrakes theory very interesting! It would explain a lot of things. This is why I generally do nto want to throw out some of the more "fantastic" claims and ideas- because it would be too bad to "throw out the baby with the bathwater".

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Thats your issue not mine i only provided simple evidence to show the possibility, and your only and continued argument is that it is not "science".

That's right. My argument is that you challenged me with irrelevant evidence. Later you had the gall to claimit was science. It is not.

No, i didnt because i dont really care if we share the same perspective, and im not going to spoonfeed you anything, if you really want the info you know where to look.

More whiny excuses. You're wrong.

the only reason i keep responding to your posts

The real reason is that you can't admit being wrong. If you were actually interested in this other thread you'd have gotten right to the point.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

For starters here is some info you are either missing or ignoring... Local Interstellar Cloud

And your link contains some info that you are failing to comprehend or are just ignoring

The Solar System is thought to have entered the Local Interstellar Cloud at some time between 44,000 and 150,000 years ago and is expected to remain within it for another 10,000 to 20,000 years.

Why are some viewing this LIC as if it's something new?

Also this caption from your link

Diagram of the local clouds of matter that Earth's solar system is moving through,

I see clouds of MATTER. So, why after some 44,000 to 150,000 years in the LIC are we discussing

"Energy Cloud May Be Triggering Rapid DNA Changes & Evolution"?
edit on 19-3-2013 by DenyObfuscation because: bb code

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Bedlam

We are currently moving through it according to the Nasa link that I provided in my post. Go back. take a look.

Are the magnetic poles going to flip on our sun March 21, 2013?

Will the magnetic poles then soon flip on Earth?

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

I can't speak to that.
Sorry.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The Sun's magnetic poles flip every 11 years on average. The Earth's magnetic field has not flipped in 700,000 years. The two are not linked. The Sun's magnetic field changes quickly, but the flip happens over an extended time, not a day.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

The Sun's magnetic poles flip every 11 years on average. The Earth's magnetic field has not flipped in 700,000 years. The two are not linked. The Sun's magnetic field changes quickly, but the flip happens over an extended time, not a day.

The word is that they will be this time.

We won't have to wait long. The latest SDO photos show magnetic lines jumping out of the suns

south pole right now. The north pole is next.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Thats your issue not mine i only provided simple evidence to show the possibility, and your only and continued argument is that it is not "science".

That's right. My argument is that you challenged me with irrelevant evidence. Later you had the gall to claimit was science. It is not.

No, i didnt because i dont really care if we share the same perspective, and im not going to spoonfeed you anything, if you really want the info you know where to look.

More whiny excuses. You're wrong.

the only reason i keep responding to your posts

The real reason is that you can't admit being wrong. If you were actually interested in this other thread you'd have gotten right to the point.

Seems you left out a good portion of my post that you misquoted....

Yeah...you got me, im wrong.
Now can we move on with the actualthread topic?

So it would seem to me after giving many opportunitiee to stay on topic you only wish to argue and derail the thread from its topic.
Ill not be responding to your posts any longer, since you dont understand me and only wish to argue to the last word please have at it just try not to intentionally misquote me again.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

Infact, that was the exact bit of info i was trying to bring to bedlams attention because he was refusing to acknowledge it.
While we have been in it for a long time there is also an understanding that this "energy cloud" is not of a homogenious state, that its content and density varies throughout and science is showing that the region we are entering currently is increasing its effects on the heliospere and the solar system as a whole.

Now as i have said before im not sure about the video in the OP, but the research information i found because of my interest on the subject shows that there are indications of increased radiation that at the very least merit discussion (not petty bickering over terminology).

Whether or not these levels of radiation are or have or will effect our DNA i suppose remains to be seen. Some of the research suggests that it may have happened in the past.

My only real intent here in this thread is to get people to read that research, but as i stated before, you can lead a horse to water...

edit on 19-3-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

We won't have to wait long. The latest SDO photos show magnetic lines jumping out of the suns

Magnetic lines always appear out of the Sun, the Earth, and all objects with magnetic fields. The complicated nature of the Sun's field is due to the equator of the Sun moving faster than the poles.

The Earth's field changes very slowly compared to the Sun's. The Earth's field is due to current in the liquid part of the core. The two are obviously separated as the Sun has reversed polarity some 60,000 times since the last time the Earth reversed its polarity.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

So it would seem to me after giving many opportunitiee to stay on topic you only wish to argue and derail the thread from its topic.
Ill not be responding to your posts any longer, since you dont understand me and only wish to argue to the last word please have at it just try not to intentionally misquote me again.

Seems there is no need for you to inject nonsense into the thread by making a false statement about science sweeping things under the rug.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

While we have been in it for a long time there is also an understanding that this "energy cloud" is not of a homogenious state, that its content and density varies throughout and science is showing that the region we are entering currently is increasing its effects on the heliospere and the solar system as a whole.

Bedlam was trying to tell people that we have not entered the fluff and it is not an "energy cloud."

Almost all of the material in this other thread is being speedily debunked in that thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Magnetic lines always appear out of the Sun, the Earth, and all objects with magnetic fields. The complicated nature of the Sun's field is due to the equator of the Sun moving faster than the poles.

The Earth's field changes very slowly compared to the Sun's. The Earth's field is due to current in the liquid part of the core. The two are obviously separated as the Sun has reversed polarity some 60,000 times since the last time the Earth reversed its polarity.

Yes, the sun flips its magnetic poles usually every 11 years.

The Earth , not so much.

BTW, i'm not so sure about that 60,000 number but it really doesn't matter.

We should know more by Friday March 22, 2013.

Our suns energy pattern may look more like this.

edit on 19-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

BTW, i'm not so sure about that 60,000 number but it really doesn't matter.

The last earth flip was 700,000 years ago. On average the Sun flips every 11 years.

60,000 times 11 is 660,000 years which is roughly 700,000 years

Remember that the Sun flips slowly and the magnetic field of the Sun is complicated. Not really possible to assign a date it happens. I have not found anything firm in the literature, but it looks like the Sun is constantly changing. The process never seems to stop. There may be a date which could be assigned in hindsight after examining the data.

The Earth on the other hand takes a long time to flip - probably thousands of years.

en.wikipedia.org...

Most reversals are estimated to take between 1,000 and 10,000 years.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by RadicalRebel

You really need to go read the links and information provided by many people in this thread, your arguments are contrary to what is already known and published by "real" scientists, seriously....read more talk less....

Ok, please point out which argument, and which information. Please be precise - that way I can learn what I got wrong! Of course, this post is one of those "I'm rubber and you're glue" responses that are so popular on ATS, so I don't expect you're going to manage this.

Obviously the info isnt pertinant to your argument but if you were to actually spend some time reading the research information you would see its relevance clearly.

Please point out this exact relevance to the discussion. Be specific. Not just 'here's a link that has info!'. State 'data x in link y refutes your argument made in post # z, specifically, this statement'.

This has already been covered and links providing the information are given, your not even reading this thread...

In what way, specifically? I await your very specific, non-foggy, non-mystic responses, with 'bated breath.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50

local "fluff?" I guess I should be reading this whole thread. If only the words "local fluff," appealed to my sciency side, no matter how stupid I am. What are the two of you going on about.

The reference is from here.

What's going on is that the OP posted some pseudo-science reference to a fictitious 'energy cloud' that's supposed to induce some sort of 'ascension', it's a throwback to 2012 fever. A number of posters are attempting to rationalize the 'energy cloud' as being co-identical to gas clouds that the system passes through, and one is also trying to ring in LaViolette's cosmic ray burst conjectures as ALSO being the same, while simultaneously arguing that it's the local cloud.

Not only are gas clouds NOT 'energy cloud of galactic wave' as described by 'Russian scientist' in the top of the thread, the cites being used clearly state that they are postulating effects that MIGHT be seen if we were to POSSIBLY hit some very dense gas cloud at some future time.

But hey, why waste a good chicken little article by reading it?

Does "local fluff," have anything to do with the concept of aether?

Nah, there isn't an aether, but a local gas cloud doesn't fit the description of luminiferous aether.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

The Sun's poles flip all the time. If they didn't that would be spooky. Who is stating they'll flip in a day this time? Is it a reasonable source?

It won't influence the Earth's poles, though. If some process occurred that was so energetic it flipped the Sun's poles in a day it might have some secondary effects,like flares and CMEs. But the Sun's magnetic field at the Earth is not very intense. The Earth's field totally swamps it out. The Sun flipping poles doesn't have enough effect here to do much at all.

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

What's going on is that the OP posted some pseudo-science reference to a fictitious 'energy cloud' that's supposed to induce some sort of 'ascension', it's a throwback to 2012 fever. A number of posters are attempting to rationalize the 'energy cloud' as being co-identical to gas clouds that the system passes through, and one is also trying to ring in LaViolette's cosmic ray burst conjectures as ALSO being the same, while simultaneously arguing that it's the local cloud.

Not only are gas clouds NOT 'energy cloud of galactic wave' as described by 'Russian scientist' in the top of the thread, the cites being used clearly state that they are postulating effects that MIGHT be seen if we were to POSSIBLY hit some very dense gas cloud at some future time.

But hey, why waste a good chicken little article by reading it?

reply to post by tetra50

.. this poster didn't just answer your question (which seemed pretty clear to me) but took it as an opportunity to slam everyone else in this thread and twist their words, intents, motives, and thoughts!

His "chicken little" comment, at least, explains why such actions feel necessary to him- he finds this stuff scary.

I'll speak for myself- In examining other theories and concepts which might be "similar to" the elements described in that video, my intent is not to say "This is the "energy cloud"! It is going to do exactly what that video said!"

My experience in life has shown me that sometimes a correct intuition can become wrapped in nonsense when the person "intuiting" tries to interpret and explain it. This is often due to lack of knowledge in the area it pertains to, or limitations in their thought patterns (difficulty going "out of the box" ).

So even claims which come off as completely ridiculous may have a seed of truth in them.
Though trying to sift through the parts to find them means a critical analysis, it also necessitates a mind open enough to continue searching for the elements that were misinterpretted, and are not exactly as the person thought.

This is my own interest in the other theories brought to this conversation (which I have taken the time to read more thoroughly now and find some fascinating information!) .
The "fluff" is written about and linked to as a possible reference. Whether or not it could trigger any sort of DNA changes hasn't been explored much because this poster has been very good at posing an obstacle to that. But at first glance it doesn't look like a reasonable candidate.

....and unlike the poster that took it upon himself to speak for all of us, I am not frightened by the concept in the video at all.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

.. this poster didn't just answer your question (which seemed pretty clear to me) but took it as an opportunity to slam everyone else in this thread and twist their words, intents, motives, and thoughts!

His "chicken little" comment, at least, explains why such actions feel necessary to him- he finds this stuff scary.

Not at all. If you post articles as happening RIGHT NOW that are wrapped in weasel wording like 'might happen in 100,000 years', then yep, it's Chicken Little. I don't find it scary, I find it self-contradicting and, well, nuts.

I'll speak for myself- In examining other theories and concepts which might be "similar to" the elements described in that video, my intent is not to say "This is the "energy cloud"! It is going to do exactly what that video said!"

You didn't above...

My experience in life has shown me that sometimes a correct intuition can become wrapped in nonsense

Or an incorrect 'intuition' may also be wrapped in nonsense. Or, you may strain so hard trying to make it be sensible that you lose track of the info - like trying to cast gas clouds as "energy rivers"

The "fluff" is written about and linked to as a possible reference. Whether or not it could trigger any sort of DNA changes hasn't been explored much because this poster has been very good at posing an obstacle to that. But at first glance it doesn't look like a reasonable candidate.

Think that might be why I "pose an obstacle to that"? And I'm speaking for sense, and factual evidence, but not 'everyone'.
edit on 20-3-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

You didn't above...

No, which is why that statement came after it, refering to what follows it.
An interesting dynamic you can observe in everyday exchanges with other people- they tend to reflect to you the types of behaviors and attitudes you project outwards. Not a woo-woo belief, a simple matter of social psychology.

(but maybe that could be considered as "co-identical" behaviorism???
Interesting creative wording there, by the way!)

Think that might be why I "pose an obstacle to that"? And I'm speaking for sense, and factual evidence, but not 'everyone'.

I think if one gets carried away on either end, they pose an obstacle to creative discussion, cooperation, and even reason. One can lose their focus in trying too hard to control the focus of others.

edit on 20-3-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join