It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Perhaps all religions are 'correct' but a rather low aim on the grander scale. Most interesting tr

page: 1
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I daily check in on ATS for what is fresh, exciting, uplifiting, interesting but I hardly post these days. However, here are one of those 'WOW' moments when I am sure I have something excellent to contribute.

A very dear friend of mine sent me this via email. I was totally fascinated and felt instinctively that this document reflects accurately what we all are wondering about.

Very much worth the read.

I would like this document to stay in the 'Cospiracies in Religions' sections because our immediate 'dilemma' concerns our differences in base beliefs which is causing massive disruption of harmony between man and his brother on every scale here on earth, from a personal, political to a global scale. However, this doc could also have been posted in 'paranormal experiences' or even 'creationilism' - I think that is the name of that particular forum here on ATS.



Here is what he wrote.




Subject: In 1982 I died..... an amazing story

Mellen-Thomas Benedict is an artist who survived a near-death experience in 1982. He was dead for over an hour and a half and during that time, he rose up out of his body and went into the Light.
Curious about the universe, he was taken far into the remote depths of existence, and even beyond, into the energetic Void of Nothingness behind the Big Bang. Concerning his near-death experience,
Dr. Kenneth Ring has said,
"His story is one of the most remarkable I have encountered in my extensive research on near-death experiences."

The road to death.
In 1982 I died from terminal cancer. The condition I had was inoperable, and any kind of chemotherapy they could give me would just have made me more of a vegetable. I was given six to eight months to live. I had been an information freak in the 1970's, and I had become increasingly despondent over the nuclear crisis, the ecology crisis, and so forth.

So, since I did not have a spiritual basis, I began to believe that nature had made a mistake, and that we were probably a cancerous organism on the planet. I saw no way that we could get out from all the problems we had created for ourselves and the planet. I perceived all humans as cancer, and that is what I got. That is what killed me. Be careful what your world view is. It can feed back on you, especially if it is a negative world view. I had a seriously negative one. That is what led me into my death.




edit on 17-3-2013 by UnlimitedSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-5-2015 by Springer because: Removed huge quote of external content and incorrect name




posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
How about a couple of things he says. Like your two favorite things.
Thats such a long long thing you posted there.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky
 


Before I invest any thoughts into the insanely lengthy post here, a simple google for "Gary Sycalik" reveals very little to corroborate the authenticity of this.

A quick scan revealed a lot of god bonus points for those who did read it.

So..

I very much doubt someone died ot terminal cancer for an hour and a half, complete with rigor mortis, only to come back and say "Oh goodness, that was a close one!", shake their legs out and reevaluate their relationship with god...

It's funny that there is a big empty room in our minds when it comes to the perception of how futile everything is.. such a vast empty space that we allow ourselves to imagine any old stuff in there. To establish some sort of comprehension of it.. aliens that stare at us personally as they control our bodies, to giving yourself entirely to jesus.. both the same personal experience that says you are special. it's just an inability to grasp the nothingness, really...



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Great thread OP a very thought provoking story indeeed!

Normally i would not put much stock into these types of stories but i cant shake the feeling that this one whether a hoax or not has hit on some very important truths of what we are my mind is blown!



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
When I died it was nothing like that.. I feel like the story is 'beefed' up a bit for glamour effect.

"Light of God" stands out for one.

Seriously, if this world is so full of god and whatever then why is it avoiding me,

I EVEN DIED DAMMIT, SHOW YOURSELF YOU WEAK FOOL.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky
 


So why is it you believe this story is actually true ....The vision to me is clearly completely Luciferian in nature...but I have a discerning eye for detecting religious BS and the agenda/philosophy behind the message.

You do realize that if the 'Light' was actually Jesus in one of its earthly iterations that the Light would be a complete liar then? (based on the Biblical positions on the state of the dead, immortality of the soul, commandment to only worship Him ect ect.)

Firstly the visions puts Jesus on the same level as all these other 'gods'...then when your mind has been acclimatized to this thought it presents a series of information that contradicts clear passages in the Bible...then after people are feeling that the Bible should now be turfed out we hear that the Egyptian version of Heaven is better than the Christian Heaven.

So what are the conclusions if we take the vision at face value and read into its implications...Christianity is true to an extent but it is a complete contradiction so don't ever read the Bible and all the other religions have a better afterlife anyway so you might as well just turn to those instead.

Unfortunately I know too much about Jesus (working through Moses) to show the worth of the Egyptian religion and its pretend gods by actual archaeological evidence.

I know too much about esoteric secret societies that uphold Horus/Osiris, the main god of the Egyptians and that insiders know this is just disguised Satan so for anyone who knows insider teaching of some secret societies like freemasonry and mysteries schools or have researched archeological findings of the Hebrew Exodus and Thutmose III tomb know the vision is BS in its conclusions.

A more discerning understanding is needed in knowing what info from a supposed NDE is true or deceiption
edit on 17-3-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky
 


Although I haven't been able to be in touch with you for some time, I hope you are well dearest Alex, and this is a most wonderful and interesting story you have given to us today


Thank you very much; SnF.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
All that he did was wrap up esoteric and occultic beliefs in a story


"Remember this and never forget; you save, redeem and heal yourself. You always have. You always will. You were created with the power to do so from before the beginning of the world." 
"People are so busy trying to become God that they ought to realize that we are already God and God is becoming us"
"The Light explained to me that there is no death; we are immortal beings"
"We are each both male and female"
"Just as God is not "there". God is here. Don't look "out there" for God. Look here for God. Look through your Self. Start having the greatest love affair you ever had ... with your Self"


Same old words as the serpent.....

"Going within" to find your "god hood" was the same iniquity as in the garden of Eden. Yes, it opened the spiritual eye to the knowledge of good and evil - but the Biblical text is clear - it SHUTS it to the Kingdom of God. Trees are people, and looking at the root words in Hebrew reveals the reality.

6086 - "trees"  carpenter, gallows, helve, pine, plank, staff, stalk, stick, from Hebrew atsah 6095

 # 6095. "Atsah" -  fasten (or make firm), i.e., to close: reference to this is # 6096.

 # 6096 atseh - the spine, (as giving firmness to the body):-backbone."

There was and is no greater iniquity in man than desiring to be "god". This man's words will seduce those who have the same iniquity and deceive those who have itchy ears. Man does not want to hear that eternal life is a gift of their Creator. Man does not want to hear that he will be judged. Man does not want to die to his old self. Self love kills. Self love excludes neighbour. Self love is worship of the created. Self love is sitting in the temple of God declaring yourself to be God. The Bible is clear: those who are perishing will believe the lie instead of the Truth. At the end of the 'Millenium' the serpent is unbound to deceive the nations - again. It's the reason why ATS is filled with appeals to "go within" by yoga, meditation and drug trips, it's why our schools devoid of Jesus Christ are bringing in yoga and eastern meditative techniques to your kids, it's why the corporations are pushing training in 'visualisation' and meditation, it's why psychiatry pushes it.... open your eyes and notice the same practice everywhere. They NEED you to experience it because the delusion of visions and voices that it brings is that powerful, and devoid of truth from your Creator, it will convince you of the "truth" of their lies. In the same manner of parents and Santa Claus, they give you the presents signed "from Santa" and you conclude what? That Santa really exists. Is that really true? No.

Stay in Adam or be born again in Christ. Adam believed the lie because of the iniquity within his heart. That same iniquity is within us as his descendants. It is the mystery of iniquity which is racing across the planet today. The strength to reject the lie is to be in Christ whereby the Holy Spirit is greater than the serpent spirit in the world.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Fascinating and thought provoking read. Thank you for posting.
Regardless whether or not the story is authentic or not it is wonderful to read and should be appreciated as such.

"...our immediate 'dilemma' concerns our differences in base beliefs which is causing massive disruption of harmony between man and his brother on every scale here on earth, from a personal, political to a global scale."

Well said! ^



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas
 


Dearest Veritas Aequitas,

It is so good to hear from you and sorry for the long silence. Nice avatar, mate!

Your strong support is much appreciated.

I can't say that I expected this thread to boom, but I did at least thought more would find it at least inspiring and interesting.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by UnlimitedSky
 


Before I invest any thoughts into the insanely lengthy post here, a simple google for "Gary Sycalik" reveals very little to corroborate the authenticity of this.

A quick scan revealed a lot of god bonus points for those who did read it.

So..

I very much doubt someone died ot terminal cancer for an hour and a half, complete with rigor mortis, only to come back and say "Oh goodness, that was a close one!", shake their legs out and reevaluate their relationship with god...

It's funny that there is a big empty room in our minds when it comes to the perception of how futile everything is.. such a vast empty space that we allow ourselves to imagine any old stuff in there. To establish some sort of comprehension of it.. aliens that stare at us personally as they control our bodies, to giving yourself entirely to jesus.. both the same personal experience that says you are special. it's just an inability to grasp the nothingness, really...



Just because the guy is not found on the internet does not mean it did not happen. I can't be found on the internet and I can assure you it is not because my experiences are not true. He does though, leave you his email, phone numbers and contact address. It would require a very sincere person to make personal contact with him because it would be on a more personal and direct basis that a quick post on the net. I do like that about him. (I am sure someone will find something negative to say about this statement of mine, no matter what.)

There definitely is not nothing out there, my friend. No, I cannot prove it to you; only you would be able to prove it to you.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesuitGarlic
reply to post by UnlimitedSky
 


So why is it you believe this story is actually true ....The vision to me is clearly completely Luciferian in nature...but I have a discerning eye for detecting religious BS and the agenda/philosophy behind the message.

You do realize that if the 'Light' was actually Jesus in one of its earthly iterations that the Light would be a complete liar then? (based on the Biblical positions on the state of the dead, immortality of the soul, commandment to only worship Him ect ect.)

Firstly the visions puts Jesus on the same level as all these other 'gods'...then when your mind has been acclimatized to this thought it presents a series of information that contradicts clear passages in the Bible...then after people are feeling that the Bible should now be turfed out we hear that the Egyptian version of Heaven is better than the Christian Heaven.

So what are the conclusions if we take the vision at face value and read into its implications...Christianity is true to an extent but it is a complete contradiction so don't ever read the Bible and all the other religions have a better afterlife anyway so you might as well just turn to those instead.

Unfortunately I know too much about Jesus (working through Moses) to show the worth of the Egyptian religion and its pretend gods by actual archaeological evidence.

I know too much about esoteric secret societies that uphold Horus/Osiris, the main god of the Egyptians and that insiders know this is just disguised Satan so for anyone who knows insider teaching of some secret societies like freemasonry and mysteries schools or have researched archeological findings of the Hebrew Exodus and Thutmose III tomb know the vision is BS in its conclusions.

A more discerning understanding is needed in knowing what info from a supposed NDE is true or deceiption
edit on 17-3-2013 by JesuitGarlic because: (no reason given)


I apologize, JesuitGarlic, I am unable to respond to your post. It honestly does not much pertain to what I have posted and I feel that your response does not reflect on anything in it besides that there was a light.

You come across as rather aggressive in your convictions. Peace.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
When I died it was nothing like that.. I feel like the story is 'beefed' up a bit for glamour effect.

"Light of God" stands out for one.

Seriously, if this world is so full of god and whatever then why is it avoiding me,

I EVEN DIED DAMMIT, SHOW YOURSELF YOU WEAK FOOL.


As he mentions, when he came to the Light he did not just go with the flow but asked if he may ask some questions. He points out that that is what he did different to most who have an near death experience. Your judgement that he 'beefed it up a bit' is your perception and may or may not hold to reality. What if it is exactly what he experienced. You cannot know.

As for your closing line in you your post, (I am not sure who you are addressing, me or the author) but there is a mirror in front of you every time you respond verbally, written or even in thought to anyone. It reflects back to you.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldlikecustard
Great thread OP a very thought provoking story indeeed!

Normally i would not put much stock into these types of stories but i cant shake the feeling that this one whether a hoax or not has hit on some very important truths of what we are my mind is blown!


My thoughts exactly!

It really hit something in me that felt like it really holds truth. Our existence and all of what is is so much larger than what we can imagine, so much more complex than we can figure and so much more compassionate than what we are able to perceive. Surely every man following his religion is so deeply convinced of his reality that it is in fact possible for all of it to be true, but in fact not very 'deep' in the grander scene of things.

I would love to follow that 'stream' as I am sure it leads back Home.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire
 


It is rather lengthy, sorry. However, I found it so fascinating that in my view it was a very worthy read.

I do not have the document open in front of me but this is what I remember as being very clear:

How we are all one and how that is.
Everything that is has been. He has seen it and how it works.
There are much more out there than what we think. We are so much more.
The energy force is within everything that has ever been created. God is in everything.
Man is inherently good but do bad deeds. However, his soul is forever positive, immensely beautiful and created in the image or part of God. We were created in God's image, that is the soul not the body. The same energy flows through everything.
There is much more to it than religion.

Oh boy, and just so much more.

Some things are just worth reading and to me the entire thing was.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky
 


The stream he describes sounds very much like a wormhole although I am sure he was talking of something much more spiritual in nature.

Also the way I read it is we are already "home" as we are always connected to the source/creator/god even though we don't know it.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
As for your closing line in you your post, (I am not sure who you are addressing, me or the author) but there is a mirror in front of you every time you respond verbally, written or even in thought to anyone. It reflects back to you.


I was talking to God.



posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
During the day today while I took my five minute breaks I read the entire post. Beautiful story. It lines up with a lot of what I was suspecting.

While I wont take it as face value FACT, I am not in the camp that is doubting this testimonial.

Some of the topics it touched upon resonated with me. Namely that all faiths are correct and should not exclude each other as they are all one in the same. I think it's kind of tragically funny that the messiah/savior so many seek out is present within themselves.

The concept of god being the permeating structural energy that envelops both existence and non existence and that every soul alive is actively part of god exploring every outcome that consciousness permits: It's beautifully in line with my on beliefs.

I have been reluctant to buy into reincarnation for some reason but it makes a lot of sense. All past transgressions may not carry over but they may play a part in the formation of our next life. It also drives me to live the best life I possibly can - love my family warmly, work hard with passion and determination. Strive to build a life meaning something even if it in the scope of time doesn't make a dent on history - because it may produce something that will change the course of things in the future.

Sure you can look at this story as new age BS, but for me it really made sense.

I believe god to be an ever present energy that holds the cosmos together. God is not a single consciousness but the culmination of all that is (which is touched on in the story when it mentions how god knows when a leaf falls). God is within all of us, consciousness is god experiencing itself.

I could go on and on but, thanks OP, this was a great read.



posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker
 


oh, ok.

There are only three concerns:
A thing is either my concern
Or another man's concern
Or God's concern.

So, I leave that between the two of you.
Go well!



posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SaintLuck
 


If my post resonated as something meaningful to only one person I would have been delighted. Reading your response (with all the other positive remarks) makes it clear to me, that we are indeed going through an awakening, an opening of minds that can only be conducive to growth.

Thank you for reading and posting. To me there is nothing more meaningful or constructive to do with your time than spending it on growing yourself. As is in the case of this reading the experience of this letter.

I love the part where he asks: which religion is right, and the answer comes: I don't care.

Yip! I just loved it.




top topics



 
5
<<   2 >>

log in

join