It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

peoples views on celio green and dwarfism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
This must win moron of the world awards: the link below asks is celio green a dwarf?

realitytvmagazine.sheknows.com...

Is this where we have came to with body perfection that people really wonder this? He is too tall to be a dwarf. The fact is that anyone with a very large chest measurement and only average height must therefore be a dwarf. I think his music is brilliant: he is a true musical genius. But really how tall can a dwarf be? If his height then why not 6 foot.
edit on 16-3-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by werewolf99
But really how tall can a dwarf be?

That is a difficult question that great philosophers have pondered for centuries. How tall can a dwarf be?

The answer lies on Wikipedia:

A typical defining characteristic of dwarfism is an adult height of less than 147 cm (4 ft 10 in)

Cee Lo Green is clearly not a dwarf, but he does remind me a bit of an Oompa Loompa:

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

At first I was like "How can some strange mold or fungus be a dwarf?"

then I learnt who cee lo green was. or is. or.. why?

dear america, please stop making idiots on fake stages into pseudo celebrities. It's really really annoying.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It may be that the ideals of physical perfection have reched a level where anyone a but short ,stocky and famous could be called a dwarf? The odd thing is that the ideals of physical perfection are moving in some ways away from the direction people in the uk and the usa are moving in: yes we are getting taller but fatter. We set greater levels of perfection upon an increasingly imperfect population: taking the ideal to be physicall fit.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

4'10", you say?

I am gonna have to stop giving the wife a hard time. She is 4'11" (but always says 5' even), and I kid her about being a dwarf. She isn't. She is just short (and insanely cute)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Somewhere online it said he was 5"7. But really there must be a minimum height for a dwarf? I mean how the hell can you have a dwarf as tall as everyone else is? The world is insane. So does that mean the Warwick Davis isn't a dwarf? I mean if as some people say there really isn't a maximum height for a dwarf, and there's certainly not a minimum one: is Warwick Davis still a dwarf? Incidentally I think Warwick David would maake a great Dr Who.
edit on 17-3-2013 by werewolf99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I prefer Elves to Dwarves (personally) as I prefer greater magic proficiency to improved Constitution. Also, the +1 to longsword doesn't hurt either.

-If you understood the above- You TOO are a Nerd. =P

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Actually in medievel britain dwarves were thought to possess magical powers and this is why they were so popular to have at court. The supply outstripped demand and people came up with methods of making dwarves: usually causing the children to grow up with twisted limbs. People bought children to try to make into dwarves. In China they used to put children in large pots with no bottom. They grew up on the pot; when it was smashed you had a pot shaped person.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

At first I was like "How can some strange mold or fungus be a dwarf?"

then I learnt who cee lo green was. or is. or.. why?

dear america, please stop making idiots on fake stages into pseudo celebrities. It's really really annoying.

It couldn't be more annoying than your repetitive ignorant, cynical, negative, boring and off topic posts you like to inject into most threads. I think you're just jealous.

Cee Lo Green is a musician. Before he went solo he was a member of the group Gnarls Barkley who created hit songs like "crazy". He's performed with artists like Lauren Hill and Carlos Santana. I like his music and so do millions of other people.

Crazy

F--- You

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I for one think celio Green is a very good musician and performer. I would not bother to out a thread about him otherwise. He is extremely talented.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by werewolf99

Sounds like you might be the same height and are a little defensive! Kidding :p. I don't really know who the guy is, he's on one of those talent shows yeah? I don't see why it would matter, but in the movie/music/television world, everyone is a celeb I guess!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
No I am taller than he is. It just seems that journalists do not focus on the music. Surely that should be the most important thing. But journalists seem not to care about the mans talent; more about everything else.

new topics

top topics

join