Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Wheels of money! They exist!

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I was just catching a show on one of those rare occasions I have the TV on and it's a show on high end customizing for vehicles. I couldn't believe my eyes. If you thought high end wheels meant alloys or special formulations for weight and performance, well, you'd be right but you'd be missing SO much more.

When some people think of wealth, they think of stacks of money. When some people think of flashy jewellery, they think of a diamond ring. Well......

This is round and it does contain diamond. Many many carats of diamond, in fact. Not quite a ring though, is it?

and what do you do if diamonds aren't your thing or you just don't quite like how they shine? You know how it goes. We all have our preferences for one precious gem over another, right?

Heck, why use gems at all? Why not just get back to the basics. Indeed.

(Image Source: Asanti Wheels)

Those bars aren't simulated for looks and it's overall 24k plated. Now that's a wheel for a man who wants to write the golden rule!

My question though is this? Just where do you PARK something with wheels like that? The show is clear that not all of these insanely expensive rims are made for show. I doubt the diamonds roll down the highway, but the Gold rim seems a favorite product. Talk about a sight to tempt an honest man to think..if only for a moment...just how hard is it to take the rims off a parked car before anyone notices?

You gotta admit..if you saw this parked in the open..You WOULD think about it. Perhaps only for a passing fraction...but it'd take a rich man to not have the thought at least float on past.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Talk about a sight to tempt an honest man to think..if only for a moment...just how hard is it to take the rims off a parked car before anyone notices?

Im wondering what that person might do with them once he stole them?

Sport them? Only for some other fool to steal them?

Sell them I suppose... or hang em up on your wall...

You gotta admit..if you saw this parked in the open..You WOULD think about it. Perhaps only for a passing fraction...but it'd take a rich man to not have the thought at least float on past.

Personally no... that thought wouldn't cross my mind...

Anyone else see an eye at the top of each of the spokes in that rim?

I Gotta lay of the conspiracies...

edit on 16-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, there is a thread deep on here somewhere where one of the members described in detail how to melt down and produce your own little gold bullion bars. How many..... Oh...

...and I'm an honest guy! What parking lot could you park in? I think the only help would be that even in a place like Las Vegas, where wealth isn't unusual to see in extremes...no one would believe THAT was real who didn't know something about them, I'd guess. I'd never believe such precious material would be exposed to the abuse and damage of the road.

Imagine what a pothole would cost in chipping to the wheel? Now wouldn't that just bring whole new meaning to it?
edit on 16-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think the price of wheel's are over inflated
. No, in all seriousness, spending that kind of money is just obscene when children are starving in the world.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What parking lot could you park in? I think the only help would be that even in a place like Las Vegas, where wealth isn't unusual to see in extremes...no one would believe THAT was real who didn't know something about them, I'd guess.

I think you'd need a force field or something...

I've heard of a security system where flames come out of the car if you get too close... couldn't find the video though...

Imagine what a pothole would cost in chipping to the wheel? Now wouldn't that just bring whole new meaning to it?

Funny thing is I could picture myself following this car around with a little baggy... hoping for a pothole to chip me off a diamond or two....

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
rabbit... you think where they roll anyone needs to steal them? Damn...

Thats made for the emirates and you know... probably get shot 275 times before getting 20 feet from one of those

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
wow!
you think they come in 15'' for my '89 Dodge?

i think the flame shooting security system was shown in a 'commercial' in the robocop movie.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Awesome

Those gold ones would look amazing on my GTO but they'd be worth more than car

new topics

top topics

join