It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irish Songs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Enjoy The Pogues & Dropkick Murphy's.

What do you guys like?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Here's a band from Canada you might like, The Dreadnoughts. Not exactly an Irish band, but you can definitely hear the influence.

edit on 16-3-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here's a few.
Erin Go Bragh!

This one is about Australians, but has a Celtic tone:

And an oldie but goodie:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Awesome!

Thin Lizzy - Whiskey In The Jar

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
As I'm on my phone I don't know how to post vids but ill lists bands and songs:
Wolf tones, flogging Molly, bik mcfarlane - terrorist or a dreamer, Eire Og, bugger off, go on home British soldiers, fields of athenry.
This is by far my favorite holiday.
Erin go bragh!

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banquo
As I'm on my phone I don't know how to post vids but ill lists bands and songs:
Wolf tones, flogging Molly, bik mcfarlane - terrorist or a dreamer, Eire Og, bugger off, go on home British soldiers, fields of athenry.
This is by far my favorite holiday.
Erin go bragh!

Flogging Molly - Drunken Lullabies

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Foster and Allen - Maggie

An Irish Mother's Letter To Her Son !

Dear Son,

Just a few lines to let you know that I am still alive. I am writing this letter slowly because I know that you cannot read very fast.

You won't recognize the house anymore when you come home; we moved because your Dad read in the paper that most accidents happen within 20 miles of home. I won't be able to send you the address as the last family here took the numbers with them for their next house, so they wouldn't have to change their address.

There was a new style of washing machine in the house when we moved in, but it wasn't working too good. I put 14 shirts into it last week, pulled the chain and I haven't seen them since!

Your father has a new job. He now has 500 people under him. He is cutting the grass at the cemetery.

Auntie Maggie has sent you a pair of socks she knitted, she put a third one in because she heard you have grown another foot since she last saw you.

Your sister, Mary, had a baby this morning. I haven't found out yet whether it was a boy or a girl, so I don't know if you are an Uncle or an Aunt.

Jimmy locked his keys in the car yesterday. We were really worried because it took him two hours to get me and your father out.

Your Uncle Paddy drowned last week in a vat of whiskey in Dublin Brewery. Some of his co-workers dived in to save him, but he fought them off bravely. We cremated the body and it took three days to put out the fire.

Your father didn't have much to drink at Christmas. I put a bottle of castor oil in his pint of beer and it kept him going until New Year's day.

I went to the doctor on Thursday, and your father came with me. The doctor put a small tube in my mouth and told me not to open it for ten minutes - your father offered to buy it from him.

It only rained twice last week. First time was for three days and the second for four. On Monday the wind blew so hard that one of the chickens laid the same egg four times.

We received a letter yesterday from the undertaker. He said that if the last payment on your Grandmother's funeral wasn't made, up she comes.

Your loving Mother,

PS I was going to send you 100 dollars, but I have already sealed the envelope.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Happy St Paddys Day from the lovely Northern Ireland

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Dead Can Dance : The Wind That Shakes the Barley

Their version of a traditional Irish Ballad...

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some celtic bands from other places and the last ones from Ireland

new topics

top topics

join