It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Masculinity

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by 123143

One thing I've noticed about rape cases that really disgusts me. It's always the woman's fault.

Is that why we jail the women who are raped, as opposed to their rapists?

You're trolling. Women are constantly vilified as slutty in some way to have "earned" their rape.

It's sick, and so is your roundabout defense of it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

You're trolling. Women are constantly vilified as slutty in some way to have "earned" their rape.

By whom?

It's sick, and so is your roundabout defense of it.

Defence of what?

People calling women who were raped "Sluts"?

You would have to be off your medication to believe that I am defending that.

But society PUNISHES (I.E. Puts behind bars) men who rape women.

As far as I know, we don't put rape victims behind bars, do we?

Your lack of intelligence on this matter is making ME sick.
edit on 16-3-2013 by ErtaiNaGia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

OP I agree with you that it was part of it

But the larger picture is that parents DID NOT teach right from wrong to their kids.

You can make this about feminism/masculine all you want.

In the end, if you have a kid, are you gonna teach him right from wrong.

OR ARE YOU GONNA BE TOO BUSY for it.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Your deliberate ignorance makes ME sick.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Hardly, rape is a human problem, but that never stopped female chauvinists from enjoying a good old fashioned hate rant.
Heck according to federal peer reviewed studies, 94% of sexually abused youth in correctional facilities reported being abused by female staff.

That means out of 100% of reported "sexual abuse"(after-all according to the white knights, manginas and female chauvinists, it isn't rape when women force themselves onto other females or males) in Juvenile facilities across the USA, 94% of the sexual predators, monsters, where women.

bjs.gov...

The thing is, whenever there is a horrible event like this anywhere in the world they sensationalize it and make it seem like it is happening everywhere when it is not. Heck, if they actually printed on the front page all the murders, sexual molestation and child abuse women do in a year(like they do with most male criminals), everyone would be thoroughly convinced what evil monsters women are. Heck 40% of non-custodial mothers are dead beats compared to only 5-10% of non custodial fathers(pre-depression).

Heck read this website and all of it's links* to understand what psychological trick I am talking about.

news.mensactivism.org...

Heck, one could easily say how utterly radioactive feminity has become given the sheer number of domestic abuse committed by young women.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Then there is all the estrogen poison that is literally killing our ecosystem faster then "global warming", caused by the birth control pills and other chemicals in feminine products that seep into the environment.

Starting to see where this could go and why such idiotic rhetoric should be avoided if one truly seeks to promote intelligent debate and converse?

* I stopped reading or only read irregularly such websites because it is pointless, nothing more then reading battlefield casualty rolls. All that it will accomplish is to ruin your mood and prevent meaningful action.
edit on 16-3-2013 by korathin because: forgot to add *

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and say this, just to get it off my chest, before some angry feminist marxist tries to twist my words any further....

Rape Happens.

IT can be proven to be a thing that actually occurs in the world.

Rape is a bad thing, as in the people who commit it are clearly bad people; violating free will is horrible and should not be done to anyone.

However, here is what the feminist will never admit....

Most men, the VAST MAJORITY of most all men, DO NOT RAPE.

That's right, Most men do not Rape.

But the feminists want you to believe that Rape is a part of Masculinity, and is somehow CELEBRATED by this society... which is absolute bull[snip]

We punish rapists, and we try to protect rape victims....

But we cannot be everywhere at once to protect everyone all of the time, and to think that you are safe at all times no matter the conditions is to be supremely naive of just how reality works.

Typically speaking, the best way to prevent yourself from being a victim of various crimes, is to protect yourself from situations that these crimes occur in.

A woman should never be raped....

But if you dress in skimpy clothes, and go walking unprotected through places where rapists hang out... guess what?

You are probably going to get raped.

This does not mean that you were "Asking" for it... it just means that you placed yourself in a position that made it MORE LIKELY TO OCCUR.

It's still a bad thing.... but bad things STILL HAPPEN ALL OF THE TIME!

And you are not going to stop rape from happening, by telling men "Not to Rape"

Because the men who would listen to you, aren't the ones who would rape you.

And the Men who would rape you, would not listen to you anyway.

Feminists are trying to vilify ALL men, and masculinity itself for the actions of a small minority of men who rape.....

And this is childish, akin to blaming all women for the actions of a few mothers who murder their children.

"All mothers are potential child murderers"

It's pretty darned childish, isn't it?

This absolutist mentality that blames everyone of the same demographic for the actions of a tiny fraction.

And the mentality behind "Masculinity Shaming" is exactly this....

Feminists believe that the occurrence of any rape, anywhere, only exists BECAUSE THE SOCIETY CELEBRATES RAPE!

And this is just absolute balderdash.

Society Punishes and Shames RAPISTS.

And we sympathize with Rape VICTIMS.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Dear FyreByrd,

I think the most important point in the article is that when times are hard, for whatever reason, and men are feeling afraid, they bolster themselves by overpowering others, women, children, weaker (oh-there must be a better phase) men and the planet at large. Men have to teach men how to accept and deal with fear in non-violent ways. Women can't fix this - so many women today, to 'get ahead' are starting to act in this manner as well (I suppose some always have) - it's horredous (as is my spelling)

I have to tell you something. My wife left me for her hiking partner a few years back and after a bit, I dated again. I am in my 50s and had only ever been with my wife. I dated a few very wonderful women and they all told me absolute horror stories about other dates they had had. Even at my age, there was little competition because there are many pigs out there pretending to be men. I am not good looking, I am not ugly; but, I am balding, what remains is grey, I wear glasses and have a little tummy, I am also short. LOL. My experience was the that the ladies did not care about any of that. It was an amazing experience to date after having been with one person my whole life.

I will disagree with you on something. I believe I became the man I am because of my mother and father. Women do help men to be men, they teach us that they matter just as much and that is what my father also taught me. I respected my mother as a person and as my parent. She had morals and lived them, she was intelligent and she was strong. She supported my father's career and stood up for herself quite well. My father was an important and strong individual, he never ever hit my mother or dismissed women. He taught me that being a man meant being strong and gentle until you needed to show strength. My mother taught me that my father could be that great a man because she would back him up. When my mother died, my father died, it just took a few years more. He stopped living the moment she died. Peace.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

Your deliberate ignorance makes ME sick.

So, no argument?

Just a base assertion without even a thin veneer of justification for your *OPINION*?

Sounds fairly typical of feminazi tactics, if you ask me.

You going to call me a poopy head next time?

Or put gum in my hair?

If you call me ignorant, that means that "There is knowledge that I lack"

And if this is truely the case, then PRESENT THE KNOWLEDGE!

Don't insult me like you are a child....

EDUCATE ME!

Tell me precisely what knowledge you believe that I don't posses.....

I dare you.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I'm from the area, not Steubenville, but close enough. A talk show host ended up doing/taking phone calls for three hours. Many of who blamed the girl.

"She was drunk, she was asking for it."

"She obviously had a reputation."

"This is a racist charge because one of the alleged offenders was black."
I know I startled the neighbors screaming the What the F bomb at that one.

edit on 16-3-2013 by TDawgRex because: Apparently I can't spell I'm

People are sadly, by and large, not self aware. Sure they may be aware of themselves at a surface level, and aware of others to a degree, but most people don't really understand their own emotions.

Any dehumanization of the victim in this horrible event is a natural byproduct of feminists and other female chauvinists last 20 years of spreading institutionalized and social hatred towards males of all ages. It is only going to get worse in that respect(sympathy for women because of their gender) as the older generations are cycled out of life and replaced by younger generations who have only known an environment saturated with hatred, discrimination and oppression against males.

You have to understand, that even though most may or may not know their own emotions, much like the occult saying: As below so above. Those buried or subconscious emotions will pull ones thinking in a certain direction. You can't treat people like garbage and not expect them to feel the same way towards you, combined with boy's, young men and men constantly being told to "respect women", while women themselves as a class go out of their way to disrespect men(see SCUM Manifesto, End of Men and other hateful rants feminists and chauvinistic women have expressed towards or at men, young men and boy's). Eventually all that psychological abuse will have an impact. Trying now to treat the symptoms will not work.

In-fact, the last actions of White Knights like Vice President Biden, and Editorial Commentators like Bill O'Reilly only make things that much worse for women, in how younger generations of men perceive women as a whole.

Don't get me wrong, that was a horrible, unforgivable event, but it is harder to feel pity for a person who I know is more privileged by society because of their gender. Received opportunities that many boy's, young men and men are denied throughout our nation. You can't advocate institutional discrimination against half the population, then turn around and expect that half of the population to give a darn about the other half's hopes, dreams, ambitions and well being, when they willfully benefited from the suffering of boy's, young men and men for all these years.
edit on 16-3-2013 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

The point here is you could care less about how the victim is treated. You never mentioned the victim, the topic of my original post, just the perpetrator and me, whom you chose to personally attack.

Toxic male?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by 123143

The point here is you could care less about how the victim is treated.

Did you not read the part where I said that no woman should get raped?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
A woman should never be raped....

Because it's right there....

And that invalidates your point.

You never mentioned the victim, the topic of my original post, just the perpetrator and me, whom you chose to personally attack.

You are making a blanket generalization about the honour and nobility of all males, and basing your broad sweeping generalizations about your perceptions of the general attitudes of society in reference to rape, on the anonymous opinion of a handful of people.

THIS THREAD IS AN ATTACK AGAINST MEN.

I am defending them.

This thread is called "TOXIC MASCULINITY" ffs.....

This thread IMPLIES THAT MASCULINITY IS TOXIC, and is ALWAYS LINKED TO RAPE AND RAPE VICTUM SHAMING.

YOU ARE INSULTING ALL MEN BY INSINUATING THAT ALL MEN ARE RAPISTS.

As a man, I take offence at your presumptions.

Toxic male?

Toxic Female?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The difference between a Rational Thread, and OP's Thread.... An Example of what not to do:

Rational Thread
Wow, look at this, a woman is raped by some football players, and some of the people there even went so far as to defend the actions of the rapists.... these people are [snip]holes!

OPs Thread
OH MY GOD! A woman was raped by a group of athletes, and some people there defended the athletes!

ALL MEN ARE EVIL!

There, you are welcome.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

You are right. There was some pain in that post, but, it's not my heart aching for me. I have known a lot of people (some family, some friends) that have been through something similar, or even worse in a few cases.

I put myself in other people's shoes. I cry with people that are crying. Sensitive and soft-hearted? Definitely.

I am sad for her. I hope with all of my heart that she has a good support system to get her through all of this.

It sounds like you did a great job with your girls. I have two little boys and I hope I'm doing enough to teach them how to treat people.

I appreciated your reply, Sir.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
I wonder how masculine the football team would feel if a battalion of United States Marines, showed up to beat all their asses and break all their jaws. That's what I wanna know.
edit on 16-3-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

And this would perpetuate the idea that dominance and violence are answers to problems. Just kill, or beat into submission whatever you don't like, understand - or just because you're having a bad day. Toxic Masculinity.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Excellent post and points! I was feeling the same thing and was going to reply with just about the same points as this... This "toxic masculinity" is just plain garbage. You spoke the truth in this post and I am proud to agree with every single point.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Regarding PIV sex in today’s screwed up world, my opinion is this: if a woman feels like she really wants that kind of sex, she should go for it until she has an orgasm or is satisfied, and then just stop in the middle of the act. Why continue? So the dude can have an orgasm, too? Bah! Why should a woman give a crap about dude orgasms or his satisfaction? When you’re done, you’re done! Sadly, this a) only works for those who are pleased quickly, and b) is probably dangerous because men will happily take it a step further and force women to endure until he’s finished too. So actually… don’t take my advice. I guess there’s still no real, moral way to have consensual PIV sex, other than to just not have it.

Do the commenters and the aunt think it is possible for a female to exercise non-consent in matters of sex, despite existing within a patriarchy, if she is willing and able to harm the male who is attempting to coerce sex? I truly am serious about this question. When I was 16 years old and attending community college, a 42-year-old male student took an interest in me. Apparently this interest was less than platonic, and I did not pick up on those cues. One Friday evening, after the campus had closed down and was mostly uninhabited, he got into an elevator with me. As soon as the doors closed, he pushed me up against the wall and kissed me, without so much as a by-your-leave. I had at the time been training at a local MMA school for several years, and when he startled me, I broke his leg. I left him on the floor of the elevator and went home, and the next time I saw him (from a distance – he did not come anywhere near me after that) his leg was in a walking-cast from foot to hip. He never attempted to speak to me again, and as far as I know, he never reported his actions or my actions to anyone. Would this be an example of a female effectively exercising non-consent? Or is it something else? I’m truly looking for analysis here.

Penis-in-vagina sex is so disgusting. Whenever I date men (which is hardly ever, because no man is incapable of viewing a woman as not a cum dump EVER), I make sure that they don’t stick their dicks in my vag. In fact, I usually just strap on a strapon. That I find, is the only way to subvert patriarchy when having sex with dudes. Pegging the patriarchy I call it.

PIV =Penis in Vagina

Welcome in a feminist brain

source: blog.iblamethepatriarchy.com...-180274

accordind to feminazis, all male are rapists...
And consensual heterosexual sex is.... still rape, because the women is.....oppressed even if she want to have sex with a male partner.....so its considered as rape...
edit on 17-3-2013 by AnonyWarp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Here are some of the arguments, as best as I can understand them.... and none of them have to do with the point of the post by the way: that the "toxic" form of masculinity promoted through sports, government, gang (as The Black Hat memtioned) of any types is harmful to everyone. And the fact that when times are tough - more violence is perpertrated on the weak (women, children and men)

123123 - argues that women abuse too. Does that make it okay for anyone to abuse and rape 123123? You you truly believe and can you show statistics that show how women abuse sexually and otherwise as many persons as men do.

Turq 1 - agrues,like 123123, that there is toxic feminity as well and that make it all okay as well.

ErtaInaGla - can't follow his ravings at all - just the stardard method of attach, attach, attach of the narcissist that feels threatened (violent response to perceived threat).

Logic is Underrated - argues that it's all the parent's fault - and that is part of it - but we are all products of our society and our society doesn't value anyone staying at home to model for the children and our children are left to their own devices to figure out right and wrong from television and other media and school. BTW - I did stay home to raise my kids - and made sure there were lots of good models both male and female.

korathin - seems to have some strange idea that women are a privledged gender and that more sexual abuse is committed by women then men - but his statistics only relate to, arguably a twisted sub set of humanity - prision guards. Oh - and it's all the feminists fault - he's calls it radioactive feminity - andestrogen poison that is killing our ecosystem because of birth control pills and I suppose abortion cause rape as well or something. And goes on to complain that: "...such idiotic rhetoric should be avoided if one truly seeks to promote intelligent debate and converse?" and I tend to agree but think the 'idiotic rhetoric" in in the post itself.

I do hope that these people read the referenced article and thought about what was said. Even if you don't agree - don't call it stupid - it isn't - don't call it an attack - it isn't. And, please, don't be such poor examples of humanity.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Men are demonised regardless of any crime.

While I`ll agree to there being a massive fall off in the number of quality men as good role models for children as to yesteryear to learn from.The same can easily be said for women.

But not only that,a study from the University of Montreal has found that these traits of aggression are linked to the parental enviroment before and after birth...

Researchers took samples of saliva from the 314 pairs of 5 month old twins and measured their levels of testosterone. They then compared the similarity in testosterone levels between identical and fraternal twins to determine the contribution of both the genetic and environmental factors. By comparing the testosterone levels of the five-month old pairs of twins, both identical and non-identical, researchers were able to establish that testosterone levels in infancy are “not inherited genetically but rather determined by environmental factors.”
www.avoiceformen.com...

Another...

Child Aggression

A long-term study suggests aggressive, defiant, and explosive kindergarten children have experienced tumultuous, negative relationships with their mothers from early on.

psychcentral.com...

Calls to the 24-hour Parenting WA helpline has soared by nearly 60% in the last 3 years,this is in the city I live...

Kids getting more violent to parents

ONE in five police call-outs to Perth's northern suburbs for domestic violence now involves kids attacking their parents.

Calls to the 24-hour Parenting WA helpline have soared by nearly 60 per cent in the past three years.

A WA Police spokeswoman said 20 per cent of the domestic violence cases last year in the North West Metropolitan District, which included suburbs such as Joondalup and Hillarys, related to adolescent violence against parents.
www.perthnow.com.au...

So please don`t make me post the hoard of news articles on toxic mothers or women out there,that I see first hand on how women or mothers are.

Also some fun facts...
25 Signs American Women Are Being Destroyed By The Sexual Revolution And Our Promiscuous Culture

The real enemy was/is the destruction and undermining of the family unit.

edit on 17-3-2013 by gps777 because: aded a link

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It's troubling that people equate masculinity with the propensity for rape.
Sounds like a load of misanthropic bull to me.
I think that it's more likely to be a lack of masculinity that does it. Whether these people are overcompensating or simply lacking a moral compass. ..I don't know.

What I do know is that the men in my family who were my role models instilled a proper sense of how to act.
They were variously war veterans, North Sea fishermen, steel workers, bikers. There was a lot of testosterone in the air when I was a kid and I turned out mostly ok. So did my cousins.

Those mates of mine who grew up with forces families also turned out ok too. Hence my assertion that rape has nothing to do with too much masculinity.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SprocketUK

Those mates of mine who grew up with forces families also turned out ok too. Hence my assertion that rape has nothing to do with too much masculinity.

Although I agree with much of your post Sprocket,I disagree with the thought that its due to military disapline.

Its your upbringing from your parents that deserve the thumbs up.

Coincidentally I just watched a documentry of the epidemic of rape in the US military,it was very hard to watch,when there is a chain of command that can and is hid behind.

This vid below isn`t the one I watched but will give you an idea of the show...20% of all women in the US military has been assaulted.

The Invisible War: New Film Exposes Rape, Sexual Assault Epidemic in U.S. Military

edit on 17-3-2013 by gps777 because: Fixed vid

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join