It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to this site, we are boiling over and about to explode, but what will we actually do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If we believe what is being posted on this site and the reported sentiments of a growing number of the peoples in the first world nations, our countries are at boiling point and we are all about to raise up, throw off the shackles of our Governments and bring down the evil corporations.

In most of the first world, the age of majority is 18 years and general elections are generally held every 4 to 5 years, so anyone over the age of 23 has had the opportunity to vote and influence the course of how our countries are run.

So why, according to many sources are we boiling over and wanting to make changes?
It is not as if there have been opportunities in the last 50 years to influence how are countries are run, in most first world nations, 8 opportunities minimum, yet we have continued to vote for the same people in many cases, with the same political ideas. Some would say even worst, that many people have not voted , so how can they be up in arms.

Many of the reasons that people are up in arms have been debated many times on this site, but talk is cheap goes the saying. I see posts that mention examples of what other people are doing, yet I see very little about what members are actually doing. There will be members that are doing something and do not wish to crow about it, but I suggest they are a very small majority.

So far we have failed to make any changes to the way our countries are rule, so what makes these times any difference to other times over the last 50 years. People said that revolution was just around the corner in the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s, yet despite all these fine words, has anything changed?

The changes that I have seen is that we have failed to learn from history, and have continued to elect similar people with the same political ideas, and in too many of the first world nations, we have failed to ensure that there is a real choice. We have been taken in, in many cases by the very things we are seeking to change today.
We have given too many unelected people the power to influence our lives and the way our countries , and yet we continue to elect the same political ideas that have given away this power to the unelected.

Just look at all the laws that have been enacted in our name in the first world nations that have eroded our rights and freedom. How many of you have questioned your elected officials on how they voted and why?
So, having chosen to allow our rights to be reduced at best, and taken away at worst, what are the boiling over masses going to do?

Protest in our capitals and on the streets? They worked well in preventing the second war in Iraq. The Occupy movements have failed to get any changes. In some cases, the people we elected to protect our rights gave our Governments the very powers to break the Occupy Movements.

Not pay taxes? I have heard this one too many times to be taken seriously.

Not vote? On paper this seems a good idea, but our current electoral system is only interested in votes casts, so if we all did not vote, one of the candidates would still get in as I would assume that they would vote for their selves.

Direct action? This is something that is not common since the end of WWII in the first world nations, and I do not see this changing as too many of us do not want to rock the boat.

So we can talk the talk, but guess what, very few, and I mean very few of us will, walk the walk.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We will boil over then explode, but then nothing will happen other than the government getting their way.....as usual

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
We will boil over then explode, but then nothing will happen other than the government getting their way.....as usual

Doubt it. TPTB will probably keep us just under the "boiling point" to keep us pacified. That way they still get their money and power while your average citizen suffers.
edit on 16-3-2013 by Bigfoot12714 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

Doubt it. TPTB will probably keep us just under the "boiling point" to keep us pacified. That way they still get their money and power while your average citizen suffers.

i just mean they will scream really loud, but they'll calm back down so homeland security doesn't hear them and come a callin

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Before the boiling point is reached, the heat will be turned down slightly. Then the pot will be left to stew for a lengthy time, producing a nice tender populace which is easily torn apart. Then it's time to set the table.

Bon appetite.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigfoot12714

i just mean they will scream really loud, but they'll calm back down so homeland security doesn't hear them and come a callin

You"re probably right about that, everyone's seems to be wary of the DHS lately.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Not enough people are truly educated as to whats really going on, so I doubt there will be a "boiling over".

What WILL happen is that there will be a catastrophic event take place (economic disaster) that will cause the people to come out of their little trances. Food trucks will stop, gasoline will be scarce and for a period of time life will be thrown back to the "wild west" days.

Some people will ban together to survive and work to better their government/society.

Others will panic and begin to kill one another for the last piece of beef jerky.

Life will go on, but we are due for a correction in our economy and way of living.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
All we need is some one to lead, and speak.
To rile up the "bleeders" quite a bit, then eh, drop the benefits from under their feet once the leader has violently eviscerated the TPTB's fronts.
(I'm sure both of them can deal with it.)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Szarekh

I don't suspect that one individual will have what it takes to rile up the " Bleeders ". The most that we could hope for is that the individual has controlling stock in TAMPAX and passes out Free Sample Packs.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

There will be some isolated incidents of "revolts", but they will be quickly put down.

For the majority of the regions it will be a slow degradation in living standards. Of course, people will continue to talk about "revolution", but nothing will happen. Also there will be the occassional entertainment of talking about bombing some inconsequential country to "preserve our way of life" or "regime change" and everyone, like Pavlov's dogs, will be frothing at the corners of their mouths awaiting that prospect.

edit on 17-3-2013 by Observor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
Not enough people are truly educated as to whats really going on, so I doubt there will be a "boiling over".

What WILL happen is that there will be a catastrophic event take place (economic disaster) that will cause the people to come out of their little trances. Food trucks will stop, gasoline will be scarce and for a period of time life will be thrown back to the "wild west" days.

Some people will ban together to survive and work to better their government/society.

Others will panic and begin to kill one another for the last piece of beef jerky.

Life will go on, but we are due for a correction in our economy and way of living.

Most people don't agree to what's really going on, even if they are educated. Some people blame the rich, some people blame the government, some people blame the banks, some people blame liberals, some people think aliens are helping the Illuminati control all of those people.

The Alex Joneses and David Ickes can't agree to what's going on. Even within the conspiracy world there's too much division to rally enough people who can agree what to change.

I think it's important to root out corruption and misdeeds we can prove and I think people like Alex Jones make it their life to look for that and that does help if stories get broken, despite his many flaws. Bloggers and Anonymous are breaking stories and getting people in trouble who deserve it. The internet is the new 4th estate, or at least a good turbo charge it's needed.

So I think things can be done with new media, but a mass movement based on the ATS forum content will be very difficult.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
TPTB are freakin out over the massive purchase of guns for one reason, and one reason only.

They know what they would do with them to us, if the roles were reversed.

This is a massive failure to understand the very people they claim to represent.

The only thing that is going to boil over are the true intentions of our owners.

What happens after that, will be no more than what they have brought on themselves.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Mar, 20 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Observor

That's a concise summing up, Observor, of what will happen.

I think we can all agreed that very little will happen, I do accept that there may be some incidences, and these will be used by Governments to extend great reductions in freedoms, and the MSM will buy whatever the Government tell them.

What does interest me, is why people do nothing.

top topics

join