It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Warns Citizens To Evacuate Border Region

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
North Korea sees fit to warn its people to leave border region........

But it doesnt give two craps if they are starving to death or dying in prison camps...........

Seems a bit odd to me........

I am pretty sure it was a warning for the South Korean civilians to get out of the way. Obama needs to lay the smack down on NK right now because they are not playing.

If he doesnt give a crap about his own countries civilians what makes you think he gives a crap about his hated enemies?

Hes been threatening to NUKE them.........

I really dont see him being compassionate for civilians of a country he would rather wipe off the face of the earth , then feed his own people

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I hope nothing happens as well, but look at it this way.

All of the countries with economic and military power stroll across the globe asserting their authority and dominance.

If a nation wanted to become part of this upper-tier club and taken seriously as a world player, would it not be expected that they must assert their authority at some point?

NK almost HAS to do this just to make sure other nations know they are not to be messed with unless they are looking for a fierce fight.....or a nuke in your backyard.

That's the sad reality of the world in which we live.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Nk is just conducting national war drills,i dont expect an exchange of fire in Korea,there is too much at stake imo

edit on 16-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And with all the rhetoric and saber rattling, DMZ tourism continues as normal.

www.stripes.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
How long are we going to put up with this spoilt brats threats.

He's overdue a good hard slap, the kind that will take him right back to his childhood.

Countries have been invaded for less, what makes him so special that we're sitting back and taking these threats.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
what makes him so special that we're sitting back and taking these threats.

The Chinese lobby comprising multi-national corporations with business interests in Asia?

The Academics who consistently lay down the point of conflict management?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Well those you mention should be the ones to give him that long needed slap. I can't see what they're hoping to gain by letting him spout this rhetoric day in, day out.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

I seriously think they are going to waste South Korea and no one is going to stop it. Look at the economic destruction caused by SK companies. Kia, Hyundai, Daewoo, Samsung, LG are killing old world interests such as Dodge, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, Hitachi, Sony, Phillips, Apple and many more - all of which use extensive Chinese slave labor for parts & manufacturing.

They say that all wars are banker wars. Well?

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

By that reckoning, wouldn't either side lose more than than they would gain from the destruction of SK?.
It's a strong Asian foothold for the US and no doubt a strong financial foothold for China. I'm sure both sides would want to hold on to that.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

I seriously think they are going to waste South Korea and no one is going to stop it. Look at the economic destruction caused by SK companies. Kia, Hyundai, Daewoo, Samsung, LG are killing old world interests such as Dodge, Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota, Hitachi, Sony, Phillips, Apple and many more - all of which use extensive Chinese slave labor for parts & manufacturing.

Never thought of it that way. Good point.

Maybe...Big Biz and Big Banks are pulling the strings here but everyone is of course looking at the nut in the North as being the problem. Of course he's a big part of it all but I wonder if he knows (If True) he's actually being manipulated and big interests want him to pull the trigger.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I do not buy this for one minute if you read the top 2 news er propaganda sites they do not speak of this at all and, the OP [no offense meant nor intended] uses form Moxnews??? just like fox is it not?
No if this was a issue it would be the first move towards all out war, and would be front page english.yonhapnews.co.kr... and nwww.koreaherald.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I actually posted a BBC link to this earlier Here in the other thread, it appears to be genuine.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Well those you mention should be the ones to give him that long needed slap. I can't see what they're hoping to gain by letting him spout this rhetoric day in, day out.

Or others who call for a "slapping they'll never forget" because "countries have been invaded for less"...

That kind of day in and day out rhetoric?

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 16-3-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Yeah, how many of those bankers have stock in those companies? If we see mass sell offs of these companies then I will give you a big star.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Actually, no!, because that type of rhetoric isn't "day in, day out" from me. Your free to look for it though if you wish.

But I can see what your saying only, I'd rather have the "deserved slap" rhetoric over the "nuclear war" rhetoric any day.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catch_a_Fire
reply to post by intrptr

Actually, no!, because that type of rhetoric isn't "day in, day out" from me. Your free to look for it though if you wish.

But I can see what your saying only, I'd rather have the "deserved slap" rhetoric over the "nuclear war" rhetoric any day.

Is this the umpteenth Evil empire, BAd presidents and WMD thread here? Day in and day out is right. Even though our personal contributions are only a drop in the bucket, they still come down on one side of the coin or other.

War... or peace.

"I prefer the peace of the bargaining table to the peace of the grave"--- JFK

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

I would normally agree with you, but with this particular regime I would make an exception. Li'l Kim and his cronies (past & present) make Gaddafi and the like look like Disney characters and wether we like it or not "we" disposed of them accordingly.

Can you honestly see peace coming from this without NK being "slapped"?.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Another way to look at it... It's a "Seoul Sacrifice"?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Can I play too?

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Can you honestly see peace coming from this without NK being "slapped"?.

Can you honestly tell me what Korea has actually done to harm other nations? Like say, lets compare that little frozen rock to say, the US? Who wages aggressive war against other nations? Who has been doing that for decades, if not centuries? Who crosses borders and overthrows other countries?

Now some say that North Korea is evil and needs to be "slapped". What do you mean by that exactly? Another Regime Change? Put in our puppet dictator? Risk a wider war with China? What for? Because everyone is saying North Korea is going to do something?

They have done nothing. The US and NATO are the ones doing the very thing that North Koreas is being accused of. What gives us the right to do that to others while at the same time accusing them of the very same thing?

But I know you know this...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join