It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the UK the took our weapons now you will be fined if you complain

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavmas
I bet Scotland has a press regulator in place by the end of the year and this will include for online also.

Even "end of the year" is not NOW.
Do you still not understand the difference between what might happen in the future and what has happend already?
If you had said "Scottish government proposes to take some freedoms away", that would have been a good and timely warning.
But "ALL freedom GONE ALREADY in THE WHOLE UK " contained three falsehoods- over-excitable hype which undermines your case.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The story is an interesting one because it shows the mind set of Salmond and his cronies. Think what they'll do to an independent scotland with full control of the levers of power.

However, whats with the 'they took our weapons' nonsense? Do you think if the firearms laws had been left unchanged it would make the slightest difference to this issue? Of course it wouldn't.

Few people in the UK owned firearms even when it was easy. It was very much a fringe interest even before Hungerford and Dunblane tightened up the rules. Gun owners were never a politically significant demographic in the UK.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

I bet Scotland has a press regulator in place by the end of the year and this will include for online also.

Do you still not understand the difference between what might happen in the future and what has happend already?
If you had said "Scottish government proposes to take some freedoms away", that would have been a good and timely warning.
But "ALL freedom GONE ALREADY in THE WHOLE UK " contained three falsehoods- over-excitable hype which undermines your case.

Well what I see is all rights removed now, not in the future.
www.youtube.com...

Even if you can complain now you get no justice.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup
The story is an interesting one because it shows the mind set of Salmond and his cronies. Think what they'll do to an independent scotland with full control of the levers of power.

However, whats with the 'they took our weapons' nonsense? Do you think if the firearms laws had been left unchanged it would make the slightest difference to this issue? Of course it wouldn't.

Few people in the UK owned firearms even when it was easy. It was very much a fringe interest even before Hungerford and Dunblane tightened up the rules. Gun owners were never a politically significant demographic in the UK.

Lets go back 20 years, not many people have guns so we will forget guns, they banned knifes and then they banned anything that could be used as a weapon,
I can remember some mates wanting to borrow a slate knife ( a work tool) and you could not take it to them in a pub or that as it was classwed as a lethal weapon, then there was the case of the Falkirk carpet fitter who was arrested for being in possesion of a lethal weapon ( a Stanley knife) he was coming home from work while stopped and searched and charged with having an offensive weapon. Anything in the Uk can be classed as an offensive weapon, a guy was shot taking a table leg into a pub that he repaired for someone.
They can kill you for anything and nothing happens.
Im amazed you all think you are free, we are totally controlled and there is no controlling them , A copper can kill you and he wont spend a single day in jail.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Im 54 over the years I have saw things like the tachograph; only talked about and before they knew it people were getting charged and it was used as evidence.

Government put out feelers to see what the people will accept and if no complaint it is law before we know it.

18 month old babies have been handed fines (their mothers) for a bit of food falling from their mouth.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

We cant do anything, the above link is beyond believe but no one says anything and this fixed fine will come in for complaining and no one will say anything by that time they will not be able to say anything.

If you can fine a baby and there is no out cry then all is lost and whats freedom is left is not worth fighting for.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I think you never read the story right, this is happening now, they rushed it through because Cameron failed, thats what the story was about, they are going to bring in more draconian penalties than leverson and now going to cover online complaining.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pavmas

Sorry,

Try again.

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
reply to post by pavmas

Sorry,

Try again.

Well there is your regulator, I said by the end of the year, released in Scotland in a report on Friday and adopted by England on Monday.

I said by the end of the year there would be a regulator, even i did not expect it within 3 days.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Should have said a week instead of a year.
www.bbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join