Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Has anyone else in New England seen A LOT of cancer lately?

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Hi. I live in Northern New England. The state that I live in has had high cancer rates for as long as I can remember. I've seen a lot of people stricken from cancer in my life. But NOTHING like what has been going on for the past year or so. As awful as this sounds, people are dropping like flies from fast moving cancers.

Like I've said, I've seen a lot of cancer but nothing compares to how many people are getting and passing from this. And so quickly.

I'm a little bit concerned as I have been seeing this happen over a stretch of time.

With all this said, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a steep increase of cancer. Especially fast moving cancer. And especially in New England.

Thank you!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How much has it increased over the years exactly?

Those statistics shouldn't be hard to research. Most of us don't live there so the hard data would validate your point.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Upon further research it appears cancer rates are declining.

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

I have not been to New England. Can you be more specific on the age group you refer to? If they are young and healthy people I would look a the types of industry they live close to.
Your observations are correct. It looks like there is a high rate of bladder cancer in that area.
New England Bladder Cancer Study

Data analyses are underway to explore the use of well water from private sources, which may contain elevated levels of arsenic, in relation to the excess bladder cancer rates in New England. Also, smoking fewer cigarettes over a long time appears to be more harmful than smoking more cigarettes over a shorter time.
edit on 16-3-2013 by d8track because: link corrected

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I'm from Rhode Island and had an aggressive breast cancer, but beat it. Most of the ladies I had chemo with over the months were in their 50's and over, two or three college girls and one looked like a high schooler.

Don't know if it is unusual or not as people from all over the USA have or have had cancer.

posted on Mar, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In the past year or so I've known 7! people locally to battle cancer.

I'm not here to make claims as this is my experience.

I'm concerned because the amount of people in such a short time.

I am wondering if anyone else has noticed this in New England. Especially Northern New England.

If not cool- it must be just me.

The info about the cancer rates going down is welcome news!

Like I said, far too many people I know have dealt with and are dealing with this lately.

I posted here to see if anyone else has personally seen a increase in the cancer rate in New England.
edit on 17-3-2013 by nerdyclutzyblonde because: (no reason given)

top topics

join