It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rubbing alcohol...an iron on mistakes best friend!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I am going to a concert tomorrow and I am making a personalized maternity concert tank.

I haven't seen MB20 in 10yrs in concert. They are by far my FAVORITE band and I have liked them for more than half my life, literally. I am 34 now and have liked them since I was about 15! Rob Thomas is probably the only celeb type person who could make me speechless and for me to be speechless well that is pretty impossible lol

I bought a white tank and some iron letters from the store and layed out the tank and letters. Well I moved them without realizing I made the last "E" upside down. I panicked when I saw it was backwards. I didn't have another set of letters nor did I have an extra tank. I immediately googled how to remove an iron on mistake and believe it or not there were many sites that had suggestions. I clicked the first link and it said to use RUBBING ALCOHOL on the reverse side of the letter and then let it sit for about 10 secs and just peel it off. I did what the instructions said and what do you know it came right off! I had one more "E" in the set to use so I made sure that i had it facing the right way the next time lol. I had to move another letter later on and did the same technique and it peeled right off! I am so glad I found this little error remedy. I like iron ons for personalized tanks or t's and have messed up in the past so it's nice to know I can fix it!

I never knew this about rubbing alcohol and iron on letters. I wish I had known this YEARS ago!

Here is the finished product

I'm going to post it on their FB
hehe maybe they will invite me backstage...........................one can dream

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Cant say that i am a MB20 fan, but i do want to give you props for dedication.

Deff make sure you get up front and get noticed, would love to here the follow up.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrAoxx
Cant say that i am a MB20 fan, but i do want to give you props for dedication.

Thanks

I am a HUGE MB20 fan

I have been dedicated for about 15+yrs lol

Deff make sure you get up front and get noticed, would love to here the follow up.

I'm in the 11th row on an aisle and in the front row of the section. I hope they see it!!

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I'm sure someone important will see that before you get to your seat and hopefully hook you up. Good luck anyway. They suck if they don't hook you up lol.

posted on Mar, 16 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I'm sure someone important will see that before you get to your seat and hopefully hook you up. Good luck anyway. They suck if they don't hook you up lol.

I think I would die

I would be a giggly teen if that happened. I think Rob Thomas has the power to make me speechless and for me that is hard lol I've been told I talk to much since kindergarten lol

new topics

top topics

join